FAQ!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FAQ!

Post  the bushels on Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1610526502601316&id=1575682476085719&set=pcb.1610528622601104&source=48&refid=13¬if_t=notify_me_page&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1610528622601104%3Atl_objid.1610528622601104

The FAQ is up on facebook,. It's a work in progress and hella long, but answers a ton of rules conundrums

the bushels
Mystic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FAQ!

Post  System Commander on Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

I hope they get to the individual books faq's, thats where the worst rule conundrums pop up. 

Good start though.. alot of stuff jammed in there. I hope they compile it into downloadable PDF though.

System Commander
System Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn on Wed May 04, 2016 5:15 pm

Saw that. Pretty big leap for them. I am excited that they will start to get their stuff together. It was nice to see some of the explanations.

Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  the bushels on Wed May 04, 2016 6:10 pm

I'm excited to get a lil clarity. After giving it all a once over, the biggest things I saw were: jinking vehicles with power of the machine spirit can shoot one weapon at full bs( helps my stormwolf out a lot) preferred enemy doesn't allow rerolls for gets hot on blast weapons( plasma cannons), area of effect buffs ( Ulric's 6" P.E. bubble) have no effect if he is embarked in a vehicle, and characters can only ever take one relic from their codex unless it specifically States they can take more than one( relic armour or weapon, not both).

the bushels
Mystic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz on Wed May 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Psychic powers like psychic shriek auto-hit, genestealers rejoice

Summoned fmc's can be in gliding mode, kdk rejoice!

Battle bros cant start game in allied transports: oh la la. No more ds'ing culexus assassins in pods...

Paz
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger on Wed May 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Q: Does vertical movement count towards maximum movement distance on jump pack and jet pack moves?
A: No.

thatll be one to keep in mind when using assault marines.

and this one for the biker armies:

Q: If a Hit & Run roll would take me off the table, do I stop at the table edge?
A: Yes.

dusktiger
Lord of Titan

View user profile http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander on Thu May 05, 2016 9:01 pm

For sure..  vertical movement has never counted for jump/jet troops. I can see where itd be in question though since building movement counts for total horizontal/vertical amd I think that rules just  been carried forward since 3rd. 

As Paz pointed out to me last night.. Flying MC's coming in from deep strike clget to choose between swooping/gliding. Thats exciting to have it clarified, Ive just chosen not to bring any in since its was a grey point.

The other MC weird one.. if youre an MC and independent characyer you can join units.

System Commander
System Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G on Thu May 05, 2016 9:47 pm

a couple I found that will change games:

Psykers, unless it specifically says otherwise, can only manifest up to his mastery level in powers per psychic phase.

If a unit has multiple independent character psykers, they can not all use the same psychic power (psychic shriek) multiple times.

And here's a biggie. In the assault phase, only ONE model in a unit use an assault grenade.... No more 10 krak grenades from a tactical squad, or 10+ haywire from wyches ect. may be used.
Crazy. Dreadnoughts got a whole lot more survivable.

Matthew G
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz on Fri May 06, 2016 12:45 am

System Commander wrote:For sure..  vertical movement has never counted for jump/jet troops. I can see where itd be in question though since building movement counts for total horizontal/vertical amd I think that rules just  been carried forward since 3rd. 

As Paz pointed out to me last night.. Flying MC's coming in from deep strike clget to choose between swooping/gliding. Thats exciting to have it clarified, Ive just chosen not to bring any in since its was a grey point.

The other MC weird one.. if youre an MC and independent characyer you can join units.

Its only summoned FMC's that get to choose, DSing FMCs still come in from DS in swooping mode.

There's a lot of really good stuff in this faq, although most is common sense stuff just to shut down a little rules lawyering.

Like some ppl were actually surprised on the "no 1+ fnp" for super iron hand characters etc. Like... duh.

Paz
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger on Fri May 06, 2016 9:06 am

another one worth mentioning because its an exception:

Q: Can a Swooping Flying Monstrous Creature or Zooming Flyer be targeted by a Blast or Template weapon with the Skyfire special rule?

normally they can't, but if they have skyfire, templates can suddenly hit flyers.

Q: Can Swooping Flying Monstrous Creatures be hit by nova and beam powers?
A: Yes for nova powers, no for beam powers.

dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus on Fri May 06, 2016 2:13 pm

The grenades entry seems to be generating quite a bit of contention, especially since it's in contradiction to the BRB:

Let's see here...

p180
"A model can use a grenade as a melee weapon, but can only ever make one attack, regardless of the number of attacks on its profile or other bonuses"

the shooting entry on grenades:
"When a unit armed with (whatever) grenades makes a shooting attack, one model can choose to throw a grenade, rather than using another shooting weapon"

I read this one as in the shooting phase, you can only toss a single grenade from a unit. This prevents silly frag grenade spam. In assault, everyone can use their grenades, but only get a single attack per model. Which makes reasonable sense to me, otherwise why am I paying for an entire squad to get grenades?

Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander on Fri May 06, 2016 2:37 pm

Sorry.. summoned yes, thats what i meant. I just may look at the axe of ruin now

The assault grenade one is.pretty odd.. I anticipate theyll fix that up before final version. I think that ones causing thr most.  "What the hell?" moments right now. 

You know what else i really liked, the option to make your scout move after seize has been rolled for.

System Commander
System Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger on Thu May 12, 2016 11:08 am

Destroyer Weapon errata/faq is up now too:

DESTROYER WEAPONS
Q: If a hit from a Destroyer weapon is downgraded to a glancing hit, does it inflict 1 or D3 Hull Points of damage?
A: 1.

Q: If a result of 2-5 on the Destroyer weapon attack table inflicts D3 wounds, do these carry over to the unit if they overkill the model?

Q: If a model is hit by a Destroyer weapon and takes a Seriously Wounded result for, say, 3 Wounds, how many cover/invulnerable saves does it take?
A: 1. In your example, if the save roll was failed, the target model would suffer 3 Wounds.

Q: Do abilities that allow you to re-roll rolls To Wound, or re-roll armour penetration rolls, allow you to re-roll the results on the Destroyer weapon attack table?

Q: Can you make ‘Look Out, Sir’ attempts against Destroyer weapon hits?

Q: How are Destroyer weapons resolved against mixed units?
A: Use the type of target that is in the majority in the unit. If tied, the player whose unit is under attack can choose.

Q: With Destroyer weapons that use templates, how are saves meant to be taken – before or after rolling on the Destroyer weapon attack table?
A: After.

dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger on Thu May 12, 2016 11:13 am

Q: Can you use a flamer/template weapon in Overwatch after Jinking?

Q: Do blast weapons, regardless of size or type, now hit all models at all height levels under the template? And if so, is intervening terrain (such as bridges or floors) ignored when determining how many hits are caused?
A: A blast marker or template affects all models underneath it, including those on different levels of a piece of scenery. (Designer’s Note: Earlier versions of this rule restricted the effect of blast markers and templates to models on ‘a single level’ of scenery. This created problems with scenery that didn’t have strictly definable ‘levels’ and we decided on this change for simplicity. In addition, we feel the rules now better reflect the explosions being three-dimensional (i.e. spherical and not circular) as well as better representing the deadliness of weapons such a flamers when used in confined spaces.)

Q: Does the Multiple Barrage rule apply only to multiple weapons with the same name and Barrage rule (i.e. 3 Mortars)?

so thunderfire cannons aren't multiple barrage weapons; you roll to scatter on each shot.

Q: Regarding Barrage weapons and vehicles – how do you determine which side is hit?
A: Assume the shot is coming from the centre of the blast marker and hits the nearest side.

dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G on Thu May 12, 2016 11:18 am

That blast weapons indoors thing is a huge change!
My Frag Cannon furioso is pleased by this change.... Twisted Evil

Matthew G
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger on Thu May 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Speaking of frag cannons, you'll like this one too Matt;

If a flamer weapon, such as the frag cannon, is firing overwatch, it does D3 hits PER attack in the weapon profile. So because they're an assault 2 flamer template, they clarified that it hits D3 times TWICE for the frag cannon

dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G on Thu May 12, 2016 2:56 pm

dusktiger wrote:Speaking of frag cannons, you'll like this one too Matt;

If a flamer weapon, such as the frag cannon, is firing overwatch, it does D3 hits PER attack in the weapon profile. So because they're an assault 2 flamer template, they clarified that it hits D3 times TWICE for the frag cannon

Actually..... That's how I've ALWAYS used it, and no one has ever challenged it Rolling Eyes
So, to have it laid out in official like rules means I am right, and always was and will be right... Rolling Eyes

Or something....

Matthew G
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Fri May 20, 2016 3:26 pm

System Commander wrote:
You know what else i really liked, the option to make your scout move after seize has been rolled for.

That was how i had been playing it...because it states that scout moves happen right before the player takes the first turn. You dont know who is going first till you try to seize (or pass up the chance to) thus scouting happens after seize.

But really nice to get some clarity and a FAQ! i didnt know GW even had that in their vocab still...

"We bring only Death and leave only Carrion, it is a message even a human can understand"
-Reqhiel of the Sons of Fuegan

Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:11 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum