Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A renewed interest...

5 posters

Go down

A renewed interest... Empty A renewed interest...

Post  Lord_Wedge Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:25 pm

Hello everyone.

Name's Justin but you can call me Wedge if you like. I was first introduced to the 40k universe in high school when Dawn of War first came out. The game had me hooked and I found myself interested enough to both purchase and paint a small number of Space Marine models. Despite the bug biting me, I had no one to play with and my Interest waned when I moved out on my own; I passed my small collection on to my cousin.

However, recently I started playing some more Warhammer games I bought on Steam and have found myself delving into the 40k lore. Learning just how vast this universe is beyond that of the DoW games has rekindled my interest and I feel the urge to create, paint, and perhaps play once again. I am well aware of the investment needed should I start this up again and was wondering if anyone knows what the table top scene was like in Prince Albert. I do not wish to invest if they're wont be people to play with in the area.

Thanks for reading and I hope to fight along side you all in the future.
Lord_Wedge
Lord_Wedge
Familiar

Back to top Go down

A renewed interest... Empty Re: A renewed interest...

Post  System Commander Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:15 pm

Welc0me to the fprums Justin! Not sure whats happening out in PA now, but they used to have a pretty good community going. Ben and John both moved.into Saskatoon though, and I think that might have killed it. Is JP's still open?

Im sure Ben will weigh in here and fill you in a bit better.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  da bear Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:16 pm

Hey and welsome!! Last I heard they meet at a guys place on Saturdays still, talk with Jack at j&p hobbies to see if they still do, that being said I remember only a handful of ppl played in pa, like robyn mentioned most of us migrated to saskatoon.
da bear
da bear
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:27 am

PA is still kicking. They tend to be at the PA train show, witch should be coming up soon.
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Wedge Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:57 am

I'll check out JP's and keep an eye out for that train/hobby show. Thanks for the info Very Happy
Lord_Wedge
Lord_Wedge
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Wedge Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:38 pm

Visited JP's today and its now official. I have a functional army in 40k.

I chose the Dark Angels as my army for the following reasons.
- I like the look
- The old school medieval vibe appealed to me
- They are trying to regain the honor lost due to 'The Fallen', which I respect.
- The army was described to me like this. "The Dark Angels are to Shooting the same way Blood Angels are to Assault." Which is what I am looking for. A ranged army that can still hold their own in Melee.

I wont get into what I purchased but Its roughly an 1150 point base army, which I hope to push to 1500ish when properly equipped.

Not a bad start I think Smile
Lord_Wedge
Lord_Wedge
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:08 pm

nice start dude!

If you find yourself in saskatoon, just shoot up a message in the thunderdome section, we have a prety big 40k group right now!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum