Skitarii VS. Space Marines! What do!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skitarii VS. Space Marines! What do!?

Post  AoOni on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:19 am

Alright here's the situation.

I'm on the fence with my army choice. I was pretty deadset on building Raven Guard, using 30k models as "Counts as" for a 40k army. I loved the way the Raven Guard looked in the Horus Heresy era and their codex sounded brutal and interesting as a play style

But now I've found my substitute ambition in the Adeptus Mechanicus. The mysteriously, possibly smelly, brutal glass canons, the Skitarii.
I love their aesthetics, and their un-benign, hunched over, sinister, possibly smelly, ambiance they have just tickles me. Not to mention the amount of time, effort, explanation and research that could be avoided by replacing 10-century-old Birds of Prey with modern era robed bucket-heads.

Do we have any Skitarii players in the house? Or would I be alone/unique in the army's construction. If we do, would you recommend going with them? Or sticking with my first love that I found in the SPESS MEHREENS?

AoOni
Familiar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skitarii VS. Space Marines! What do!?

Post  Planes on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:35 am

I know there are a few folks around here that play with our robot buddies. While I don't play them myself, from everything I've heard they are a perfectly viable, if glass-cannon-ish, army. Add in the fact that as members of the imperium they have access to heaping piles of Battle Brothers and you're set to have a good time. As such, there is nothing really stopping you from going Raven Guard supported by Skitarii, or vice versa.

I have to say though, I really like the amount of possibility in painting afforded by all those cloaks.

Planes
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:35 am

I call them "Dont roll a six, don't roll a six....."

GW did a good job of not making the army feel like any other. It's slightly wacky, deceptively tough and fun to play against.

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:50 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't describe em as glass cannon.

I play skitarii, as does Ben, and they are heaps of fun!

Paz
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Yeah Skitari are scary. The dice on good rolls make them crazy when with average rolls they are still good. I mostly play eldar so i dont know how hard they are for other armies to deal with but they put up a good fight

And Paz we are supposed to be playing infinity soon! lol i guess you do live as close as i do...

"We bring only Death and leave only Carrion, it is a message even a human can understand"
-Reqhiel of the Sons of Fuegan

Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:14 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top