CSM rumors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CSM rumors

Post  Roland on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:06 pm

My doc says I shouldn't have salt, but....
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/12/chaos-marine-rumors-mega-dump.html

Lots of craps that was point sinks (Vets of LW, the free roll on Boon at start of game, etc) are now freebies.

Chaos Allegience aka Chaos Chapter Tactics.

I also really like how the Black Crusade detachment basically makes you choose between CSM centric or Cultist centric.

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CSM rumors

Post  Matthew G on Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:07 pm

Anyone else find that the BoLS site is brutal to navigate on mobile?

Matthew G
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:18 pm

Rumor has already been debunked. Which is sad, as its way better than current CSM

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:23 pm

That being said, it certainly looked like a good direction to take chaos, and was generally in line with how the new wave of codices have been handled. I would have loved to run a legion list beyond "yep, there are my plague marines and Nurgle marked oblits". I know that Raine would have been all over the mechanized formations to run an Iron Warriors list with a bunch of Warp Smiths.

Any word yet as to when we should start expecting more reliable information on Chaos? Release dates and such?

Planes
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz on Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:01 pm

Perhaps chaos will just get the tau treatment, with small updates in a campaign book.

Something the nids need too I imagine

Paz
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:47 am

not to be a negative nelly. but i doubt we are getting any real changes to the codex anytime soon.

KDK cut and pastes wholesale from the CSM codex, points, warts et al.

I cant see them putting out a new dex, invalidating Black legion and their poster boy Crimson slaughter anytime soon.

The best we can really hope for are more daemonkin books and perhapsm, like Paz said, a campaign book that will give us some usable formations and more bang for our buck.

To be honest, I'd rather see TZ and Nurgle Daemonkin books before a new Dex anyway. if the same things are done for TZ that was done for Khorne, i foresee a lot of good things on the horizon. Fearless horrors with no instability? TZ herald or prince with a spell familiar? rubrics with.. nevermind, rubrics will always be bad, but...... Posessed with a 4+ invul re rolling 1s? and don't even get me started on the Nurgle book.

Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:39 am

Rumor has already been debunked, although I like where it was heading.

I agree with you for the most part, I'd rather see the other 3 daemonkin dexes first, however.....

Invalidating other codexes will not cross their mind. They just put out Space Marines, which gave the shaft to Blood Angels, Space Wolves, and to a lesser degree, GK and CSM and KDK. They care not if KDK hit a few speed bumps. As a matter of fact, it might be easier. New CSM codex (complete rework) followed by a campaign sup that tweaks KDK.

There are still problem codexes (Orks, GK, etc.) But I have no doubt that CSM is without a doubt the work.

Things I like from that rumor (even if they aren't happening)
Simpllifing the boon table.
Keeps fun aspects of the last codex (Vets, etc.)
Chaos allegience basically evokes the 3.5 codex.
I'd love to see a return to the Dark Blade and the god specific daemon weapons.

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:56 am

I'm more with Mike. The TZ and Nurgle demonkin books have been rumors for months now. I would be really surprised they wouldn't publish those, make the money from them, then redo the chaos dex and then get to redo all the demonkin books again!

GK suffer from lack of good units (seriously like 3 in the whole codex) and how expensive models are in a world with so many armies with volume of shooting and f'ing grav. There isn't much point paying 20-25 points for a guy with t4 and a 3+ save. Sure they have tons of cool gear, but when a scat bike shoots they die the same.

Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:31 pm

I have never been a chaos follower, but I have a big admiration for rubric marines (apparently they suck) and TZ armies... to the point that when a TZ book comes out I may just try and collect them....

Matthew G
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:42 pm

I think most Codexes, even problematic ones, can be fixed with simple fixes. My Cybork a 5++ save. Make the Aegis give adamantium will or allow them to choose Santic powers rather than roll. One HW per 3 jetbikes. The WK is a monstrous creature. Dreadnaughts get 4 attacks.

The sole exception is CSM. So many problems. It needs a ground up redesign. I'd personally love it if they used Daemonkin for World Eaters, Death Guard, 1000 Sons, etc. And then used a Chapter Tactics mechanic for the remaining 7 or so (5 remaining Legions, + Crimson Slaughter + Red Corsairs/Renegades.

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:14 pm

oh, don't get me wrong.

we need chapter tactics and formations. badly. if even half that list were true I'd squeal like a 12 year old at a beiber concert.

I'm just resigned to the idea that the dev team at GW believes that chaos is in a good place and has been for three editions.
We also know that books are always tied to model releases, so if there are no new models for chaos players to buy, they wont release a book. Last time we got DinoBots. before that we got cultists and red marines.
With the Daemonkin books they get the chance to cross sell two lines of models without the need for new sculpts, genius tbh.... plastic lord of change inc!

Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:30 am

Matthew G wrote:Anyone else find that the BoLS site is brutal to navigate on mobile?

The worst.

GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top