Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello

5 posters

Go down

Hello Empty Hello

Post  RaptorTamer Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:16 pm

I am Kal's friend. I should mention that I will probably be playing chaos. Everything else Kal already mentioned and he already asked all the questions.

RaptorTamer
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post  Paz Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:18 am

Hey man, welcome.

What flavour of chaos? Blood, pus, magic or weinerboobs?
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  RaptorTamer Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:18 pm

Lmao I play khorne in warthrone (the fantasy replacement) so I am thinking of going with something a bit more diverse in this game, what god has the best psychic.

RaptorTamer
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:35 pm

Tzeentch is the way to go, and a Tzeentch daemonkin is in the works. (Not to be confused with the player Daemonkin on this board, who plays Tzeentch.

Welcome, were having a Kill Team tourney on the 11th, check out the Upcoming Events board.

I'm Beau, I'm usually playing Ultramarines or Dark Angels, painted and played badly.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  RaptorTamer Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:02 pm

I was hoping tzeench was the way to go for this i like the conversion pack gw sells, I also wanted to get a lord of change and use that as the tzeench dp to really get the whole tzeench feel but I don't know if that would be to hinky.

RaptorTamer
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:18 pm

we're not picky.  just don't field multiple models that have Destroyer, or "D" weapons on them, and you wont get any complaints from the others.  any of the themed demons are acceptable in 40k for the DPs.  it's nice seeing the fancier ones instead of the basic DP model painted red/green/blue/pink.

if you decide to go whole hog and scratch build anything, so long as you make it a WYSIWYG, and find out what size base the original comes on and use that or a larger base, that's fine.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RaptorTamer Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:26 pm

That is great news I think I may go balls to the wall tzeench then

RaptorTamer
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post  RaptorTamer Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:50 pm

One problem I am having is what books to buy. There are like 3 different codex in the gw store, also is the rule book in the dark vengence starter set the full set of rules? I don't care so much for the fluff if it saves me some cash.

RaptorTamer
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:37 am

yea, the dark vengeance is our 'mini' rulebook.  pure rules-only, in A4 format.

this is the chaos marines codex:

Hello 60030102011_ChaosSpcaeMarinesCodex01

if you're ordering your stuff online like your friend is, i'd suggest the Codex: Chaos Space Marines - Small Format version.  the softback and the small format versions cost the same, but the small format is in A4 size just like the dark vengeance rule book; easier to carry around the place.

these two books are supplements; they offer some extra rules and some alternate methods of playing your army if you focus on that faction-style.  as stated, there is a Tzeentch one coming out...soonish. they havent nailed down a release date in the rumors as yet.  but the supplements will always need you to buy the main codex for the faction, as they only reference the entire codex and have a few pages of "we changed the following rule/wargear on this unit in the codex"
Hello 60030102006_CrimsonSlaughterNEW01Hello 60040102004_BlackLegionBook
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RaptorTamer Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:43 am

Ok thanks man super helpful

RaptorTamer
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:54 am

Theres also Chaos Daemons as well.. a separate book on top of that. I believe the Chaos Marines book is the oldest codex put now.. and there have been rumours flaoting about an update..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:27 am

Yeah, I'd hold off on the chaos marines book unless you're dead set on evil marines.

If you're more interested in the daemon side, grab the daemon codex, you can play straight daemons, and pure tzeentch daemons can roll the most psykers in any army in 40k, bar none.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum