Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Angels - Corbulo nasty trickies.... Or is it?

4 posters

Go down

Blood Angels - Corbulo nasty trickies.... Or is it? Empty Blood Angels - Corbulo nasty trickies.... Or is it?

Post  Matthew G Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:03 pm

Hey guys. Theres a discussion on B&C regarding Corbulo's Far Seeing Eye.

The rule is as follows:

Far Seeing Eye wrote:Far-Seeing Eye:

Once per game, as long as Corbulo has not been removed as a casulty, this ability may be used to do one of the following:
■Re-roll the dice to Sieze the Initiative.
■Re-roll the dice to see if a unit arrives from Reserve.
■Re-roll a single dice used in a To Hit or To Wound roll, or a single dice used in a saving throw.
■Re-roll a single scatter dice.

Now, the discussion that's happening is saying that this can actually be used to make your opponent reroll as well. Ie, he steals initiative.... You say no and force him to reroll it. Or, he makes that crutial 4++ on his 4w warlord wihout EW and you are like, no, reroll that.... Since the rule does not actually specifically state that its YOUR rolls he'll grant a reroll on.... Also, it's been 8ish months since the codex came out, and there is still no FAQ in sight to address these concerns.... sigh

What are your guys' opinions on this rule?

As it stands, 7e wasn't kind at all to Mr.Corby since he lost his 2+ FNP, only grants FNP to his squad now (no bubble), but instead projects his +1WS/I bonus to nearby units... at 120pts, it's tough to bring him, though this rule of his now potentially screwing with your opponents rolls might be worth it now on just that alone...

Thoughts?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Blood Angels - Corbulo nasty trickies.... Or is it? Empty Re: Blood Angels - Corbulo nasty trickies.... Or is it?

Post  Roland Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:07 pm

I'm inclined to say kno, but that's just like my opinion man.

I've always hated abilities like that. I see the point that it gives value, but it just feels WRONG.

That's all I gots:/
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Blood Angels - Corbulo nasty trickies.... Or is it? Empty Re: Blood Angels - Corbulo nasty trickies.... Or is it?

Post  Matthew G Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Roland wrote:I'm inclined to say kno, but that's just like my opinion man.

I've always hated abilities like that. I see the point that it gives value, but it just feels WRONG.

That's all I gots:/

My first instinct is to say no as well, though lots are saying yes...

B&C Corbulo Discussion
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:14 pm

Im slightlly confused by the discussion. They mention a 6th and 7th ed codex.......Didn't they only have the one???
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Roland wrote:Im slightlly confused by the discussion. They mention a 6th and 7th ed codex.......Didn't they only have the one???

Im at work so can't quote the 6th ed codex, but the far seeing eye rule in 6th specifially stated that only YOUR rolls could be modified.. the 7th ed version doesn't have that statment... and hence, the discussion lol
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:09 pm

Typically anything granting a reroll is for the player who owns the model. I would say unless it specifically says, including your opponents rolls, it would be the owning player. My opinion.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:40 pm

yeah, to say that you can effect the opponents reroll is silly. How many abilities affect the other player? A few, but everyone says it effects them. It would be a landmark ruling by gw to state the lack of confirmation as confirmation for such a powerful game changing mechanic.

just ignore the online rules-lawyers Matt, they will lead you to the dark side!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:44 pm

Paz wrote:yeah, to say that you can effect the opponents reroll is silly. How many abilities affect the other player? A few, but everyone says it effects them. It would be a landmark ruling by gw to state the lack of confirmation as confirmation for such a powerful game changing mechanic.

just ignore the online rules-lawyers Matt, they will lead you to the dark side!

I'm inclined to agree. I would love for Corbulo to affect my opponents rolls, but really it's just ONCE in the whole game... but could be used in a very janky manner.

Thanks for all the input. Until an FAQ comes out, which at this point may as well be never, I'll use it as even I thought it was meant to be, my OWN rerolls. I wish Corbs wasn't so gimped... though throwing him in a Vanguard squad with Mephiston could still make your opponent facepalm... Very Happy
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:11 pm

Without knowing the rest of his stats it is hard to tell but re-rolling any of those roll *could* be game changing (even your own). I dunno how many times I've failed a critical attack/save or reserve roll that could have changed the game. I think he would do well in a list that could seriously benefit from one of those items (like reserve roll).

Then again I take the swarmlord so what do I know. lol!
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down