Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ave Omnissiah! (Ben's 1500 comcomp admech list)

+3
Aegwymourn
Decius
Spamus Eatus
7 posters

Go down

Ave Omnissiah!   (Ben's 1500 comcomp admech list) Empty Ave Omnissiah! (Ben's 1500 comcomp admech list)

Post  Spamus Eatus Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:52 am

So I need to approach my list from a slightly different angle in order to make this one work. Due to the comcomp rules, and skitarii lacking an HQ unit, I will be making my army with the Skitarii Battle maniple and an attached Cult Mechanicus ally detachment from the big book.

So here we go!

SKITARII MANIPLE

10x Vanguard Squad 190
Alpha W/Arc Pistol + Arc Maul
2 Arc Rifles, 2 Plasma Caliver

10x Ranger Squad 195
Alpha
3 Arquebus

5x Infiltrators 185

Dunecrawler 115
Neutron Laser

CULT MECHANICUS ALLIES

Tech Priest Dominus 120
Eradication Ray, Macrostubber

3x Breachers 150
Heavy Arc Rifles + Arc Claws

3x Destroyers 165
2 Heavy Grav, 1 Plasma Culverin

5x Corpusarii Electropriests 90

Kastellan Battle Maniple 290
2x Killbots W/ Powerfists + Combustor
1x Datasmith

1500 Total
41 models

1C (modelcount)
1C (1 unit with relentless grav)
1C (# of wounds in Killbot squad)

3 total! Very Happy

Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Ave Omnissiah!   (Ben's 1500 comcomp admech list) Empty Re: Ave Omnissiah! (Ben's 1500 comcomp admech list)

Post  Spamus Eatus Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:16 pm

With the most recent release of the ComComp rules, this list is now worth 2 comp points. Which mildly concerns me as to its battlefield effectiveness, but oh well, gotta work with what I have painted!
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Ave Omnissiah!   (Ben's 1500 comcomp admech list) Empty Re: Ave Omnissiah! (Ben's 1500 comcomp admech list)

Post  Decius Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:34 pm

I don't know Ben, that army tends to do well against me. You can form the hell of a fire base with the Vanguard, Breachers, and Destroyers. Grav, Haywire, and Plasma all in a small little area emitting a field of pain. Unless the all run away, which should be unlikely with Ld 9 or whatever.
Decius
Decius
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:37 pm

I'm so out of date with the new armies. I look at that list and its like the teacher from Charlie Brown. Ergo no comments here Razz

Also some stuff in Community Comp is taxed for very little reason and stuff I thought would be taxed isn't. Comp systems tend not to be perfect, just different.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:I'm so out of date with the new armies. I look at that list and its like the teacher from Charlie Brown. Ergo no comments here Razz

Also some stuff in Community Comp is taxed for very little reason and stuff I thought would be taxed isn't. Comp systems tend not to be perfect, just different.

HAHA!
(I feel the same way) O.O
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:32 pm

Oh man.. make that 3. I ain't gotna clue whats happening with Skitarii/Ad Mech. I should find out though so.i dont have a million questions if we play.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:06 pm

you do have to wonder what kind of lists have been tearing it up down under. are land raiders really that scarey? really? i own two and I've fielded them twice. can't ever justify the price, no idea why they would be C2...
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:33 pm

They're C3 actually.

1 is nothing, one point, 2 is 5 total, and 3 are 12. Keep in mind 8-12 is an average list.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:04 am

I love Landraiders.. especially for CSM. However.. to really make good use i find you need 2. Im a fan. Ive had success with some lists pacoing around chaos lords in raiders. Dirge casters, dozer blades.. im a fan.

They were good last edition.. tough as hell this edition.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:20 am

I'm torn on LR. I own two crusaders and some games they are amazing. Driving around watching all the shots ping of that sweet AV14. Other games you go first and watch your 250+ point model get stuck on a piece of barbed wire since apparently regular SM cannot figure out how to put dozer blades on them. Also not having access to the dirge caster can make a big difference.

I just find with a lot of the crazy fire power out there that can ignore some its more important qualities (AV14 and 4HP) it is a huge gamble. And when you invest 250+ points into a unit it shouldn't be a gamble. It should have a positive effect on you list/game.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down