Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treads? Bah! FEETS!

4 posters

Go down

Treads?  Bah!  FEETS! Empty Treads? Bah! FEETS!

Post  Planes Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:38 am

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/K/Kytan.pdf

Well now, it seems that we can all enjoy our stompy new friends, including the ability to get Blood for the Blood God as a special rule for free if taken as part of Khorne Daemonkin. Sure, it looses 3 HP, but the cost also drops by 300+ points, so I'd call that plenty fair.

The current stats for the Chaos Knights are also starting to float around now, and the concept of a Knight Titan with a Dirge Caster is at least mildly terrifying.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Treads?  Bah!  FEETS! Empty Re: Treads? Bah! FEETS!

Post  System Commander Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:11 am

The chaos knights rules look pretty awesome. The Kytan is neat to.. but a LOW.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:16 am

I don't think the LOW slot is going away any time soon. I think we've all acknowledged that there are "tiers" within that slot, though. I feel that this fellow, at least at first blush, is in the playable end of that spectrum.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:51 pm

Count me in for a kytan. Semi-affordable forge world Khorne knight? Yes plez
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Ive got a few LOW items.. and Ive never used one. I definitely dont want to pick up another one.. although i think his rules are pretty awesome. Chaos Knight though.. all over it!

I struggle to see how a blanket "LoW are ok" is gonna work. Some are good.. some are nuts. I dont see a tiering system working either.. whos creating that one? Hey.. if youre playing a pick up game and your opponent is cool.. play anything you want.. even for league play. However.. I dont see them being workable for tournies anytime soon. .. just to many silly things available right now.

Am i in the minority here?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:45 pm

Depend on your definition.

Non superheavy LOW aren't broken at all. In my opinion, they should be HQs not LOW.
As far as tiers.... Quite honestly, I feel MOST LoW are playable. At a tourney you're maxing out at 1500-2000 points. That actually gets a lot of silliness out right there. D-weapons aren't that big of deal anymore, and besides a lot of nonLoW are getting it as well. (The insensitive BT springs to mind, the Dark Talon, eldar wraith stuff)

The only ones that spring to mind as "holy crap" are the eldar ones (wraithknight and revanant titan) and the Thawk.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:23 pm

The easiest tiering system would be "does it live on a termy base or smaller", getting all those previously HQ but now LoW slot peoples, and anything else falls into "maybe ask first". That being said, I wouldn't have much issue if someone put down a Lord of Skulls or Baneblade across from me.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum