Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic - Armada

4 posters

Go down

Gothic - Armada Empty Gothic - Armada

Post  System Commander Thu May 07, 2015 3:46 pm

Battlefleet gothic.. kewl beans! I'm not sure how my confidence is after the giant shit show that is Mordheim.. but.. i'm on board to give it a try. It'll be a much more entertaining computer game than miniature game.. i'm guessing.

https://youtu.be/Ysu6hAT50z8
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Gothic - Armada Empty Re: Gothic - Armada

Post  Paz Thu May 07, 2015 4:16 pm

whats happening with mordheim? It looked really good from the previews!

I would go absolutely apeshit over a "good" BFG game, ala Homeworld, or Sins of a Solar Empire
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu May 07, 2015 9:16 pm

The computer is nothing lkke the board game.

Blood bowl the computer game is an exact duplicate of the board game.. and spectacular. Actually.. probably better because of the leagues you can setup. Mordheim is bizarre.. everyone has hit points.. say like 80 or 90.. weapons do like 10-15 damage. So everyone runs up and swimgs at eachother for lime 10 rounds and nothing really happens.. terrible. The mini game of course was fantastic.

I can only see Battlefleet being awesome as a computer game.. the mini game was neat.. but a little flawed/repetitive?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Fri May 08, 2015 12:23 am

I think its gona be pretty awesome but focus entrainment games have a weird kind of fun to them. Might because their German, in fact yes hats it the game is so practical and well made that your having fun but there's no smile, and no jokes as well.
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri May 08, 2015 12:23 pm

System Commander wrote:I can only see Battlefleet being awesome as a computer game.. the mini game was neat.. but a little flawed/repetitive?

Yeah, it was weird to play> i bought the starter back in the day, and played a few games with Greg, but we found the same problems with the game as I've found with the new xwing game:

1. you just run at each other, or circle forever, trying to curve into range
2. someone might get behind the other guy and then its pin the novacannon on the Mars class cruiser all day long.

I always wanted to get more into gothic, it just seems so cool in the novels, and 40k has the largest battle-city ships in most Sci-fi.

Hopefully this isnt just orks vs. imperium, I would like to see nids and imperium, or additional units like marine boarding craft.

Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri May 08, 2015 12:57 pm

Trailer wrote:Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, the famous tabletop game from Games Workshop adapted into a Real-Time-Strategy video game by Tindalos Interactive, unveils today its first video teaser.

The game stages the mighty armada of the Imperial Navy’s Battlefleet Gothic against the insidious and galaxy-threatening Chaos Black Crusade of Abaddon the Despoiler in dark, deadly and intense space battles from the Warhammer 40,000 universe. This first video teaser is a prelude to intense space combat in command of huge battle cruisers - true metal behemoths - several kilometers long and armed to the teeth.

Developed on Unreal Engine 4, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada is an RTS in which the player takes command of one of these battlefleets composed of the most powerful spaceships from the Imperial, Chaos, Eldar and Ork forces, in a no-quarter given struggle for the control of the Gothic sector of space.

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada offers deep management of every ship composing the player’s fleet, both during and between battles. From the fastest frigates to the gigantic, miles-long battleships, the player will customize all aspects of his ships: weaponry, defense and support sub-systems, etc… each customization affecting the very performances of the ship and the special abilities available during battle. From battle to battle, the admirals and crew of surviving ships will gain experience and promotions, improving the battle-readiness of the ships for future, bigger and more dangerous battles.

We will unveil the game to the gaming press in more detail very soon; discover now the very first screenshots of the game, captured from a very early development version of the game.

Looks like some good old Loyalists vs Chaos to me.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri May 08, 2015 2:19 pm

X wing definitely starts out that way.. but after youve gotten the hang of the movement, new ships, gear, etc it really is a ton of fun.

But yeah.. it takes awhile to get a grip on that.. and not l just crash in the middle and have everyone pulling K turns. I could never play it alot, but it is fun to play now and then.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down