Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ack bugs everywhere! 1750 Tyranids list

3 posters

Go down

Ack bugs everywhere! 1750 Tyranids list Empty Ack bugs everywhere! 1750 Tyranids list

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:32 pm

So I've been bitten by the Tyranid bug again (see what I did there). Here is most of a list I have been tinkering around with and played a couple of games with.

+++ 1750 swarmlord (1750pts) +++

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Tyrant Guard Brood
····Tyrant Guard [Scything Talons]
····Tyrant Guard [Scything Talons]

+ HQ +

Hive Tyrant [Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Wings]

The Swarmlord

+ Elites +

Haruspex [Adrenal Glands]

Lictor Brood [Lictor]

Malanthrope Brood [Malanthrope]

+ Troops +

Hormagaunt Brood
····15x Hormagaunt [15x Toxin Sacs]

Termagant Brood [15x Fleshborer Termagant]

Termagant Brood [15x Fleshborer Termagant]

+ Fast Attack +

Hive Crone

+ Heavy Support +

Carnifex Brood
····Carnifex [Adrenal Glands, Scything Talons, Scything Talons]
····Carnifex [Adrenal Glands, Scything Talons, Scything Talons]

Toxicrene

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

I've been thinking of maybe swapping some of the gants and a tyrant guard for perhaps another Crone? What do people think? Earlier versions of this list have gone 1-1-1. I think I've made a couple of good changes and swapped things that I had hoped would work with things that might work better.

Thoughts/Opinions?

Would people be interested in some of my choices and why I've taken them?
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Ack bugs everywhere! 1750 Tyranids list Empty Re: Ack bugs everywhere! 1750 Tyranids list

Post  Roland Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:39 pm

No Spore pods or what ever they are calling them now?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Ack bugs everywhere! 1750 Tyranids list Empty Re: Ack bugs everywhere! 1750 Tyranids list

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:55 pm

What would I put in it/them?

Not a fan. They start at 75 points. Dont have drop pod Assault so stuck off till turn 2 at the earliest. The guns they start with are rubbish with bs2 so then you have to spend another 25 points. Also while they can move you cannot Assault with them.

To many little things adding up. Also what would I drop to get them? Not owning the model doesn't hurt  Razz
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:10 pm

Wow. For such a nice kit they produce a lot of suction. I thought they were like 30-40 with Drop Pod assault. Put the Termagaunts in em and go. That... Just no.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:22 pm

I can see the Tyrannocyte being pretty effective in the right kinds of army. I like the idea of dumping an angry devourfex in the backlines and chucking a ton of strangler shots around as well. It's also pretty hard to kill. This list doesn't seem to jive with a pod, but no biggie.

In this list I would be inclined to exchange the lictor and haruspex for another MC if possible, I'm not a fan myself. Possibly some zoanthropes for a little more synapse?
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:44 pm

@ Beau - indeed I had really hoped the pods would be worth it but alas I cannot seem to come up with a list that I like them in.

@ Ben - Acutally in two out of three games the Haruspex has been excellent (and in the one game it wasn't i horribly deployed my whole army). It is a little on the pricey side but works super effective as a troubleshooter. It isn't going to rock face and smash whole units of guys/vehicles/whathaveyou. The rules it has makes it much more of support MC that fills gaps, beats up weaker units, and gives you some nice str7/8 armorbane attacks.

In the first game it snacked on some drop pod marines, ate their pod, chugged up the board a bit, ate a predator and then sat on an objective. In the second game it helped kill some screamers, finished off a soul grinder, killed Kairos and then sat on an objective.

It ranks low enough on your opponents kill list that so far it has been able to just hang out and gets to pick favorable match ups. It also gets to provide cover for some of the other MC.

I have really back luck with Zoeys. I either move them up and they get assaulted, or I keep them back and they get shot, or they explode their own brains trying to cast powers. The Lictor is a cheap throwaway unit that might have something good to do. At the very least it 50 points to almost always give me linebreaker.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down