Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40K/Warmachine Food bank challenge ticket discussion

4 posters

Go down

40K/Warmachine Food bank challenge ticket discussion Empty 40K/Warmachine Food bank challenge ticket discussion

Post  System Commander Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:58 pm

Alrighty, I just a prize for the longest subject line. I wanted to start an idea thread with some various things we'll be using our Food Bank tickets for on Nov 29th.

Some ideas so far include:

1 ticket - re-roll one dice or make your opponent roll one dice * No limit on how many times this can be used
1 ticket - automatically pass one armour save

2 tickets - one unit gains the Fleet rule for one turn
2 tickets - one unit becomes Fearless for one turn

3 tickets - one unit gains Feel no Pain for one turn
3 tickets - one unit gains the Infiltrate rule and can choose to outflank if desired
3 tickets - automatically pass one invulnerable save

5 tickets - one unit re-rolls all the to hit dice for a shooting or hand to hand attack. (you pick up all the dice you just rolled and re-roll everything)
5 tickets - you can spend 5 tickets to Seize the Initiative!
5 tickets - at the beginning of the game after deployment zones have been picked but before units are deployed, you can spend 5 tickets and move one piece of terrain up to 6" in any direction.

10 tickets - use before rolling for deployment zones. You get to choose to be player 1 or 2. After deployment is done, you then get to choose if you want to go first or second! You opponent can pay 10 tickets as well to counteract this and roll as normal.
10 tickets - after turn three, you can spend 10 tickets to draw form the mystery rule box! (This will have a variety of options ranging from having an Eversor show up to fight on your side to having one ratling show up help you out. You may get an orbital bombardment that's called down, or perhaps one of your opponent's tanks runs out of gas mysteriously. They will all be benefical, but of course the level of usefulness might be in question.. is it worth the gamble?)

Alright, let's get the discussion going on some more options and if you guys like these ones.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

40K/Warmachine Food bank challenge ticket discussion Empty Re: 40K/Warmachine Food bank challenge ticket discussion

Post  Administratum Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:17 pm

I was thinking that 5 tickets to reroll all dice might be a little steep. I think that for 5 tickets you should only have to reroll the misses. I know this could be huge for a squad of berzerkers on the charge, or a 20 man unit of boyz, but the other way it seems like a waste. You could always make this measure a 3 ticket choice and use the rules you put up.
Everybody should go into their games tonight thinking "what kind of special rule would make this game easier for me to win"

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

40K/Warmachine Food bank challenge ticket discussion Empty Re: 40K/Warmachine Food bank challenge ticket discussion

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:55 pm

How many tickets to play with an illegal list?? Razz (seriously)
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:42 pm

Hmmm, Illlegal list eh? What were you thinking in terms of illegal? Like, a daemon prince commanding an Imperial guard army or were thinking something like 4 Vanquishers, nothing else?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:55 pm

System Commander wrote:Hmmm, Illlegal list eh? What were you thinking in terms of illegal? Like, a daemon prince commanding an Imperial guard army or were thinking something like 4 Vanquishers, nothing else?

Well could do a few ways:
1) no force organization (a few tanks and a...errr....titan Twisted Evil
2) so many tickets = X number of extra points.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:21 am

That would be funny, but I think it might be a bit scary, and lopsided.. even for a fun event. I dont think it would take long for the titan to burn through 750 points.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:57 pm

System Commander wrote:That would be funny, but I think it might be a bit scary, and lopsided.. even for a fun event. I dont think it would take long for the titan to burn through 750 points.

Remember though: Tanks and titans can't take objectives Razz
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:45 pm

Youve definitely almost got me convinced.

I know the warmachine guys got a rule where you pay an extra 5 items and you can take an epic caster. Might be pretty comparable to a titan.

What do the rest of you guys think?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:05 pm

System Commander wrote:Youve definitely almost got me convinced.

I know the warmachine guys got a rule where you pay an extra 5 items and you can take an epic caster. Might be pretty comparable to a titan.

What do the rest of you guys think?

Well wether or not the army can win or not is irrelivant. All tanks and a titan would be a good filler army for the odd player who gets a win anyway. It boils down to A) wether people are up to the challenge of killing larger stuff like the titan (would they enjoy the game or dred entering the tourney
and B) wether they want to take crazier stuff aswell.

P.S. Another thought about taking "illegal" lists is to mix two different armies i.e. eldar and marines. (Which of course would only be for fun since anyone in their right mind wouldn't want to water down their eldar army...)
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:10 am

Personally i would not have fun playing against a titan in a 750 point game. Its never really fun when you know you have lost a game before it has even started. As to the point that titans are not scoring, it dosent really matter if they score when you wipe the other army out to a man, or force them into hiding so they cant score either, you will win by default kill points.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:25 pm

If it was an objective based game (which 2/3 are) Stash would be fighting for the tie most of the time. Thats the main reason why I'm considering it.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:40 pm

System Commander wrote:If it was an objective based game (which 2/3 are) Stash would be fighting for the tie most of the time. Thats the main reason why I'm considering it.

I reccomend you allow Stash to do this! I think it should cost him about 10$ to do this!

Then I think you should allow for a rule that "Anybody, participating or not, May pay 10$ to remove any Titan models from the event."

I am happy to contribute said funds to help make the 40 food bank challenge a success! I'm here to HELP.

-----POOF!-----
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:03 am

LexMechanic wrote:Personally i would not have fun playing against a titan in a 750 point game. Its never really fun when you know you have lost a game before it has even started. As to the point that titans are not scoring, it dosent really matter if they score when you wipe the other army out to a man, or force them into hiding so they cant score either, you will win by default kill points.

It would be worth 3 kill points. So thats 250 points per kill point which is in the realm of reality. Not to mention that once you have 1 the rest are easier.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:07 pm

I'll have to put the Kai-bosh (sp?) down on the titan Stash, as much as I know you'd really like to play with it... and as much as I know Id want to play with it if it was mine.

I've had some mixed messages about it, so in lew of scaring away out of towners, you'll have to keep the big guy at home this time around. I know a few armies that are coming and the Titan has the ability to take out a few of them in a round of shooting, even with a bunch of tickets.

Now, if we were alllowing voxtex grenades as well..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:06 pm

System Commander wrote:I'll have to put the Kai-bosh (sp?) down on the titan Stash, as much as I know you'd really like to play with it... and as much as I know Id want to play with it if it was mine.

I've had some mixed messages about it, so in lew of scaring away out of towners, you'll have to keep the big guy at home this time around. I know a few armies that are coming and the Titan has the ability to take out a few of them in a round of shooting, even with a bunch of tickets.

Now, if we were alllowing voxtex grenades as well..

Damn, mainly I dont know what army I wanted to play! Writing up that list was sooo easy! Razz
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:37 pm

I might adjust the ticket spending list slightly before Saturday, but for the most part you can expect something very similar to this.

The plan right now is to play 3 1 hour games.. if time is looking really tight.. we'll adjust it to 3 game iwth a bit more of time. I have to be out of the den by 5 30, so we'll be looking to start giving out prizes at 5:00.

Remember, there are prizes for overal, just tickets to put in your prizes boxes.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:44 am

Ooops! I thought for sure when I checked the date when it was first posted it was for Sunday....
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum