Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ork Thoughts, Post-Game 1

3 posters

Go down

Ork Thoughts, Post-Game 1 Empty Ork Thoughts, Post-Game 1

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:02 am

So, I took a Morkanaut, and typical "new toy" game, died on turn 1 to a lucky Vindicator shot (Pen on a 4+ pop on a 6+, with a 5++ save, so guaranteed destruction, that's not, in anyway, a 4% chance or anything).

We played Highlander Mission 2, with 3 objectives.

I took the Ork list in the Army section, but swapped out 3 killa kanz for a burna-bomba.

Killa Kanz are still really good, even though they don't double out FnP marines, they're still good. There's a lot to be said for semi-durable, cheap, BS3 rokkets. That still applies.

Burna-Bomba and Dakka Jet basically kept me in the game, and an objective secured 'Ard boy got me the tie (last 3 models on the board). Kachow! But Matt won on the tie breaker. (He had very much slain my Warlord).

I'm tempted to run things a bit differently. ... Not sure how yet. We'll see what the next two games look like! BAM! ORKS. I do love playing them. Leaning towards going back to the SAG.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Ork Thoughts, Post-Game 1 Empty Re: Ork Thoughts, Post-Game 1

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:07 am

That is certainly the issue I have with taking large vehicles. Even with the reduced chance for "Explodes!" results they don't seem worth the "your opponent got lucky now cry in your beer" result. Especially once you hit the 150 to 200+ point range. Hence why I have two land raiders that are still in pieces awaiting refit. Being a super heavy helps a bit but MC and Gargantuan MC are just so much better.

I'm feeling the same way about going back to my GK. I really want to like them, even if they are generally just overpriced dudes with a 3+ save. Not to mention that the best of the best heroes of the GK still cap out at 3W and have no access to EW....
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:17 am

Lore Weaver wrote:

Burna-Bomba and Dakka Jet basically kept me in the game, and an objective secured 'Ard boy got me the tie (last 3 models on the board).  Kachow!  But Matt won on the tie breaker.  (He had very much slain my Warlord).

So was he dead or was he Krippletrakks dead?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:56 am

Krippletracks dead, he was in a challenge, but took carry-over wounds. So paralyzed, got back up, only to be chopped back down. There was a painboy there, but it didn't stop him from feeling the pain.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down