Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't get link teams!

5 posters

Go down

I don't get link teams! Empty I don't get link teams!

Post  Spamus Eatus Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:19 pm

So, I'm looking over Human Sphere how these things work, and I'm having a hell of a time grasping how fireteams properly work and how to use them. Is there an easy version online that anybody knows of, or willing to explain?
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

I don't get link teams! Empty Re: I don't get link teams!

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:25 pm

So here we go with my quick and dirty.

First to have a link your army has to be a sectorial or Tohaa.

Second all the models in your link have to have the "Fireteam:x" rule where x is the type of fireteam.

Third depending on faction and group orientation there will be between 3 and 5 members of the link team.

With those qualifiers out of the way they are actually fairly simple. When you spend an order you activate "the link" of which one model is the link leader. During the order and at the end everyone in the link must remain within 8" of the link leader (this tends to make them very vulnerable to template weapons!). Everyone in the link must declare the same action sequence, if not exactly the same (movement doesn't have to be in the same direction, etc). For any bs/cc/ect skill only the link leader performs that action and gets the respective bonuses from being in a link. The size of the link determines the bonuses that are applied.

For a detailed write-up the N2 wiki is a good place to get more information and clarity on the rules.

http://infinitythegame.wikispot.org/Fireteams:_Link_Troops?action=show&redirect=Fireteams

let me know if you have more questions. I spent a lot of time reading the rules on them since Tohaa specifically focus on ad-hoc fireteams.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:29 am

Tom said it best, here's an overview of numbers benefit:

3- +1 burst (disposable weapons can't Fire more than twice)

4- sixth sense level 2, means you can't get surprise shot, and can always dodge shots at you out of lof

5- +3 ballistic skill.

If your link leader is killed, your link is broken, and you gotta spend a command token to re-initialize it.

Think of a. Link like 3-4 guys adding ammo and spotting for one dude.

Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:34 am

Another thing I should mention is the difference between active and reactive fireteams.

In your active phase, everyone in the team performs the same actions, as Tom said, but only one person acts. (NOTE: ARO's are only generated by the people in the team who actually perform the action, so, even though the have to all perform the same thing they can chose to do nothing and remain where they are instead to avoid generating additional ARO's)

In the reactive phase, every member of the team, who can see the model receiving the order, can ARO against it. Applying all mods for number of members.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:11 am

Which makes defensive link teams disgusting. +3 bs, no surprise and b2 ARO? Yuck.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:11 am

GingerBalls wrote:
In the reactive phase, every member of the team, who can see the model receiving the order, can ARO against it. Applying all mods for number of members.

so if your opponent moves a model into LoF of all 5 link team members, all 5 react to seeing him and shoot a Burst 2, +3 BS reactive shot each?
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:23 am

dusktiger wrote:
GingerBalls wrote:

so if your opponent moves a model into LoF of all 5 link team members, all 5 react to seeing him and shoot a Burst 2, +3 BS reactive shot each?

You bet!
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:17 pm

Just note that in the reactive turn they are still bound by the single action for the link team rule. This can make the decision tough if he decides to shoot someone without LoF or uses a template weapon. Since the only reaction those models have to avoid is dodge. So you can either break the link to have them each do their own thing or suck it up!

There was a good post on the website about it after N3 dropped IIRC.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down