Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N3 changes you like!

5 posters

Go down

N3 changes you like! Empty N3 changes you like!

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:54 am

I've been browsing the new rules since I have not had the time to do a comprehensive run down; but I thought people might like to go over some of their new favorite rule changes!

A big upside for me is that they took out the I just hit/shoot you first for TO camo and Martial Arts. I think the bonuses that were added more than make up for the fact that you no longer just go first. It seemed odd to me that in a game that is doing all it can to involve both players all the time there was a mechanic that ignored that basic principle. study

Extreme Impetuous and Impetuous troops not being able to benefit from partial cover is huge. Might as well just go for it! bounce

Lots of new clarifications for weapons and ammo types. Tends to make things much clearer for those of us new to the game. (lots of tidying up of all varieties!) cheers

New suppression fire! Will make a lot of lists with tons of cheap impetuous troops rethink their strategy. scratch
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

N3 changes you like! Empty Re: N3 changes you like!

Post  Spamus Eatus Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:53 am

From my still limited understanding of the game:

Easier to move around the board in the vertical direction. Climbing and jumping don't need PH rolls unless they're extra spectacular.

Loss of LT is wayyy less crippling.

I'm not sure what to think of suppression fire. On one hand it's way easier to use, but I'm mildly concerned that we will often see both sides hunkering down on overwatch daring the other guy to make a move. We will have to see how that plays out.

YJ specific, cheaper power armor and improved MULTI weapons! mmmmyeeaahhh. Although it looks like I will need to wait a bit to get my JSA dudes updated.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:02 pm

I'm liking the new hacking rules a lot.  This opinion may be, of course, subject to change when my HI is on the receiving end Mad   Seems that it will be a big part of the game as it should be (at least in my mind) given the setting.

Not sure I'm fond of the mechanic of shooting my troops to heal them, but I'm sure I'll come to terms with it.

Looking forward to using Executive Order.  Not that it's necessarily a game changer, but I like the idea of a badass troop showing up and telling the current Lt. to stuff it Smile

Overall, very excited about the new rules - looking forward to getting down to Saskatoon for a game (hoping around new years if anyone is up for it).

Edit: The Yan Huo Invincibles look like they might be ok - Shocked Gimme 2! Now!

Last edited by ashnyr on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Yan Huo Invincibles too awesome to not mention!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:33 pm

Spamus Eatus wrote:I'm not sure what to think of suppression fire.  On one hand it's way easier to use, but I'm mildly concerned that we will often see both sides hunkering down on overwatch daring the other guy to make a move.  We will have to see how that plays out.

I dunno, with changing the profile I think it will work out well. Time will tell of course, but for the most part you will only be able to suppress a small section of the field. I think we'll see more use of tactical play with CH, AD and Infiltrating troops to try and break through suppression fire zones. All while reducing the viability of "horde" armies that I don't think fit in most of the infinity game setting.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:32 pm

Command tokens and the new hacking rules are going to add SO MUCH DEPTH. Coordinated order changed quite a bit, not like anyone really uses them. Like Ben said the moving around is going to be easier (hurray for not having to constantly fail roles and fall!). I'm still waiting for my army list updates though (Aleph) so I'm still wondering how my game is personally going to change.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  LaughingChicken Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Following from my previous post (under my old username) I've found the other "new" things that I'm really happy about.  Keep in mind that I'm a super new player who has basically been playing theory Infinity (aside from a couple quick games with my wife).

Just had a look at Miniwargaming's review of N3 (sorry, can't post links for a few days due to new acct - it's on Youtube)

Pretty good review.

I'm happy to see the improvements to CC.  I like that the real CC monsters are more likely to hit in CC and be able to crit a little easier.

One shot at discovering per model per camo marker makes a lot of sense to me, I like it!

I like the "duck in, duck out" with respect to movement - whereby a model can move out from cover (say, 2 inches) then back in, receive AROs, and have shot during it's movement.  I guess this is nothing "new", persay, but it certainly is to me Smile

Still wrapping my head around the Command Tokens - hoping that a couple games will straighten this out.

Last edited by LaughingChicken on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added ref to Youtube re: MWG review)
LaughingChicken
LaughingChicken
Familiar

http://www.laughingchickenstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:18 pm

I like the command tokens for a couple reasons, but mainly for the doctoréengineer reroll on cube or g:autotool.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:42 am

YAY! Less of a chance to kill your own dudes!
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:04 am

GingerBalls wrote:YAY! Less of a chance to kill your own dudes!

Also you can force the re-roll as many times as you have command tokens! Razz
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:52 am

After reading more of the hacking programs/rules last night, my new mission in life is to expel a pilot from it's TAG and then squish him. All the lulz.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum