Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Necrons up next

+3
dusktiger
Roland
Planes
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Necrons up next Empty Necrons up next

Post  Planes Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:08 pm

Looks like Necrons are transitioning to the new base size, but for future kits being built I think I'll be thankful for having bases that Warriors will finally freaking fit on.

Allegedly a plastic Flayed One kit. I can dig this.

Some new Lord model, not sure if it's just for a generic Lord or a new named dude, but it has a real scythe for a warscythe.

A new Detachment called Mephrit Dynasty Cohort is coming out soon.
1-2 HQ
3-8 Troops
0-3 Elites
0-3 Fast Attack
0-3 Heavy Support
0-1 Fortification
0-1 Lord of War

Crownworld Reawkened: Troops re-roll 1's of Reanimation in this Formation.
Vargard of Perdita: If primary, you can re-roll Warlord trait from this book.

I can readily see myself running this detachment, as I have a love for Troops that don't die.

Thoughts?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Necrons up next Empty Re: Necrons up next

Post  Roland Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:25 pm

My list still fits.

As long as points aren't nerfed too bad, I can use that and not have to change a thing.

That said I expect the following:

Some sort of tweak to MSS. Only way I see them staying as is, is as a relic.

Telsa tweaked like Living Lightning.

Tweak to Scythes. Either in points or in delivery method.

I'd like to see tweaks to anni barges (slight point increase) and wraiths (either a point increase, a change to the invulnerable save, or a decrease in wounds. I really wouldn't be surprised if they didn't touch them.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Honestly, I could see Barges sitting at a 20-40 points increase and still being fine, assuming Tesla stays the same.

One thing of note with the detachment, though, is that it lists that all units in it must be drawn from the Necron Faction. I could see using that to grab Maynarhk Flayed Ones to have them live in the troops slot without having to be an explicitly Dark Harvest list based on that wording.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:53 pm

Apparently there are a bunch of new Formations coming out in the new campaign book, including some for the Necrons.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/12/new-40k-dataslates-blood-angels-necrons.html

Using a Monolith as a Super-Ghost Ark? Yes, please!
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:18 am

oh hey, look at that, new necron models too; the guns are redone on the warriors and they're all on the new 32mm bases

EDIT: nvm, apparently they're a WD conversion using bits from immortal kits.  too bad, it makes them look alot better than the normal ones.
Necrons up next Ba-data4-Copy
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:35 am

Pretty easy conversion to do with all those left over Gauss Blasters, though.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:36 am

Planes wrote:One thing of note with the detachment, though, is that it lists that all units in it must be drawn from the Necron Faction.  I could see using that to grab Maynarhk Flayed Ones to have them live in the troops slot without having to be an explicitly Dark Harvest list based on that wording.

a few players on B&C that happen to have necrons got onto talking about this, and one made a point about how FW stuff like the Maynarhk dynasty, usually cant be used to fulfill the requirements for codex formations.  I'll have to see if i can find the posts again, but i think the arguement was based on the fact that...it was like if you wanted to field a faction: space marine formation, and decided to pick unit entries from the siege assault vanguard list, or the astral claws tyrants list.  I think the premise they were going for was that each of the customized lists FW releases is supposed to be treated like its own codex, and they just save time and paper by saying "refer to unit XX on pg XX of codex: XX for its rules" for things that are identical to certain basic models in a core codex; like rhinos, etc.

for all intents and purposes, you would treat them as Codex: Siege Assault Vanguard, Codex: Tyrant's Legion, Codex: Death Korps Armoured Battle Group, Codex: Maynarhk Dynasty, and so on. 

i think what they were trying to get across is that while something might say Faction: Necrons, or Faction: Space Marines, it doesn't mean every single model of that generic race label could be used; blood angels, dark angels, space wolves, and grey knights are all 'space marines' as well, but that doesn't mean we can use them in formations meant for space marines.

i'll have to look for the posts again, they worded it alot better than this and i'm pretty sure im missing a few points they brought up in the discussion; this is just a sum up of what i remember being said.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:42 pm

Some clarification from the part of GW would be great, but we could be waiting for half a year before we get that.

I don't have the book on me at this moment, but I recall noting a detail in 6th Ed, that is likely still there in 7th, about detachments having to be composed of units from the same faction or that had no faction. Somehow I get the feeling we might be creeping closer to seeing some of this "no faction" stuff. I'll settle for some clarification on the "what constitutes a faction" in the mean time.

Also, some more Necron stuff has popped up on BoLS, including Warlord Traits and Relics. Eternal Warrior for your Overlord and a Warscythe that can choose it's targets? Great, now we have a new rules interaction to figure out: What happens if an Explodes! result happens to a CCB that's being ridden by and Overlord with Eternal Warrior, since they're both being the same entity? Uhg.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Repost! I can't look because of a webfiltering thing we're testing.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:22 pm

Are you able to see this image, Mark?

Necrons up next 10850290_10152983129974789_6252199114675794292_n
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:37 am

Warlord table is decent.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:08 pm

Solid Warlord table, though I still find myself somewhat partial to the IA12 one. Those relics are redonk, though. 2+/3++ with rerolling saves of 1? That's up there with Eldrad level of immortality. Combine that with a Res Orb and the detachment that re-rolls 1's to WBB, and you have effectively a 3+ WBB. What an un-killable fiend.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:38 pm

I'm assuming that table is from a WD or other supplement, as it's clearly not Code x: Necrons from the text.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Most of this stuff is from the new Exterminatus campaign book that just came out. I'll be flipping through it this weekend.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:15 pm

the blood angel ones in it are pretty good too.

there's one that you take 2 vanguard veteran squads, a sternguard squad, and a storm raven; the VV need to take jump packs, and the SG need to be in the raven.  they all start in reserve and come on at once on a single roll.  all of the sternguard can take either a combi melta or combi plasma each for free.  all of the VV can take a lightning claw or power sword for free.  one of the BA players on B&C worked out you can get up to 400pts of wargear for free thanks to this formation.  more than makes up for a storm raven surcharge on it.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:44 pm

Just heard on Natfka, Living Metal will (again) no longer allow the extra D6 on Melta weapons. BAM! Monolith to teh face.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:14 pm

If true, I could see this change heralding one of two things for the book:

A) Blanket buffing of everything, because reasons (read: sales).
-or-
B) Everything else is about to take a kick in the nuts, and this will be something just to make it hurt less.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:00 pm

or 3: its just a random assortment of stuff they think makes sense with no playtesting or forethought involved.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:10 am

Rhaevyn wrote: or 3: its just a random assortment of stuff they think makes sense with no playtesting or forethought involved.

Not enough likes, #rekt
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:24 am

There's a rumour out there that Tesla won't work on snap shots anymore. That was part of its magic!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:10 pm

Well, we got confirmation on Necrons being up next, but there is a different detail in the picture that caught my eye:

Necrons up next SE01CMZ

Power Cards for the C'Tan? What witchcraft is this?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:08 am

probably the same thing as Astra Militarum order cards; "Power Cards" is just the designation for the larger cards, so people know whether they mean the large cards or the smaller "tactical objective" cards. 

looks like the kit is the same as the blood angels one; includes the 36 T.O. cards, which 6 will be unique codex-specific versions that benefit that codex, and have unique artwork on the backs.

if they did the 6 unique cards at all like the BA ones, that would be worth buying.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:38 am

Looks like Royal Courts as we know em are gone.

Warriors and Immortals should (hopefully) get an option to upgrade, but I ain't holding my breath.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:24 pm

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
This is from the new White Dwarf.
The Decurion Detachment is a new way of organizing Necrons. Formations are broken down into three groups, Command, Core, and Auxiliary.

Command
Royal Court (0-1 per Reclamation Legion)
*1 Overlord/ Imotekh
*1-3 Lords
*1-3 Crypteks

Core
Reclamation Legion 1+
*1 Overlord
*0-2 Lychguard
*1-4 Immortals
*2-8 Necron Warriors
*1-3 Tomb Blades
*0-3 Monoliths

Auxiliary 1-10 choices per Reclamation Legion
Destroyer Cult
*Destroyer Lord
*3 Destroyers
*0-1 Heavy Destroyers

Judicator Battalion
*1 Triarch Stalkers
*2 Triarch Praetorians

Annihilation Nexus
*2 Annihilation Barges
*1 Doomsday Ark

Flayed Ones
*1 Flayed Ones

Deathmarks
*1 Deathmarks

Canoptek Harvest
*1 Canoptek Spyder
*1 Canoptek Wraiths
*1 Canoptek Scarabs

Star-God
*1 C'tan Shard of the Deceiver, Nightbringer, Transcedent C'tan, or Tesseract Vault

Living Tomb
*1 Obelisk
*0-2 Monoliths

Deathbringer Flight
* 2-4 Doom Scythes
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:40 pm

So it seems that Telsa got a hard swing of the nerf-bat (doesn't proc on snap-shots, Arc is no longer a thing), while Gauss get's the royal treatment (it's not just metal bawkes that we do things to on 6's any more!). Additionally, it seems that Entropic Strike is just Gauss for melee, making basic Scarabs perhaps better for TAC lists, while Charnel still being the go-to for Big Game Hunting. Gauntlet of Fire seems to have lost it's melee portion (though I might be wrong, I'll find out for sure this weekend). Transdimentional Beamer is generally more useful all around, being able to wound things now, but no longer can simply ghostbuster a model any more. C'Tan are back to being Nightbringer and Deceiver flavoured, but suffer from random shooting profiles (would be less of an issue if you knew the profile before picking the target, but nope, got to appease those dice gods!). Wraiths no longer slow opponents with their whip coils (less gameplay math) but instead just boost up to Init 5 (worse in some cases, better in others). They are also Beasts now, for some reason.

Perhaps the biggest change, though, is Reanimation Protocols. RP is no longer a "gets back up" that happens at the end of the phase. It is a new secondary save in much the same way as FNP, and is mutually exclusive with FNP. Anything with RP can make a RP roll when they suffer an unsaved wound, and on a 5+, they stop the wound from happening. Against Instant Death attacks, you get a -1 to the roll. There are several ways of boosting RP, but it caps at a 4+. Additionally, Res Orbs no longer give +1 to RP rolls, but can be popped for a 1/game reroll on RP rolls in the squad until the end of the phase. As this is now per-wound in place of per-death, it's a big buff to multi-wound models, including models like the Destroyer and Heavy Destroyer who finally get to enjoy this new status (along with being Jet Pack Infantry). Due to this change, Phylacteries give It Will Not Die instead (and this splashes to the chariot as well).

Oh, and line effects are gone. Death Ray is now a small blast, and the Staff of the Destroyer is Assault 3.

Warscythes (and their variants) are now universally AP 2, down from AP 1. Flayed Ones have CCWs now for the dual wield bonus: AP 5, Shred. Some of the Super Heavies have managed to get a foot-hold in the book (all three builds of the big box they have at the Den). The Gauss Flayer Array is now a Salvo weapon, because going down 10 points wasn't enough to push sales of the Ghost Ark, it seems. Living Metal doesn't have to roll to stop Shaken any more, but does nothing about Stunned (not to bad, given how much of the damage chart is shaken now), and if it's on a Heavy or Super Heavy vehicle, it will regen HP at the end of your turn on a 6.

Warriors now have minimum squads of 10, much like their Dark Harvest counter-parts. Night Scythes went up in points, but now spell out everything special about Invasion Beams in the rulebook entry, so that was dealt with, at least. Veil of Darkness is now a Relic and one use, but can extract from melee. Solar Pulse also got relic treatment, but when popped all shots against the squad that used it must be snap fired (yay for blast immunity for a turn!). Phase Shifter is now a 4++. Chronometron is now a squad-wide 5++. Destroyer Lords now default to the Staff of Light, but point cost reflects that. The Command Barge is simply an HQ choice now, that comes with an Overlord; lost the sweep, gained Command Wave to help manage moral.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next