Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sons of Sanguinius Unit!

4 posters

Go down

Sons of Sanguinius Unit! Empty Sons of Sanguinius Unit!

Post  Matthew G Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:05 am

Well, the flood gates are opening from people who have gotten their hands on their codex early.
I for one am a little on nerve, as at the moment all I'll be able to play is unbound until I can get either another tactical squad, or scout squads. Assault squads are no longer Troops Choices.

Though the Baal detactment that gives all units +1 I on the turn they charge is YES YES YES THANK YOU YES! Achem... Sorry. But it's been long over due. I will be breaking my 40k boycott this month with the new codex, cards, possibly spray paint (just to try it), and then waiting until after xmas to get another 1-2 tact squads (they look so sexy), and the new priest.

Going to have to look over my forces to see how many I am going to have to remodel... I know the base sizes on the assaults have changed... I wonder if the Den will be getting the new bases in package...

BLOOD ANGELS LINKY LINK LINK
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Sons of Sanguinius Unit! Empty Re: Sons of Sanguinius Unit!

Post  Matthew G Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:10 am

Well, that page doesn't say that assaults aren't troops any more, but I did read it on another site. Maybe it's still a rumor (I hope), but I have a feeling it's real.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:16 am

it's all infantry that's changed to 32mm.  that's why the DC and SG kits disappeared from the site for a couple weeks and are back again; they were replacing the bases with 32mm in them.  the description on the new tactical boxes also state they will have 32mm. 

they plan on swapping all the 25's to 32's over time; its just starting with the blood angels releases right now.  they're selling packs of 10 bases for $6 on the site now to remodel existing units to match new ones bought to increase the squad sizes.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:55 am

Oh... I thought the 32mm base size was for "bulky" models... and 25mm was still going to be the "infantry" size.
This bothers me even more now.

Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Matthew G wrote:Oh... I thought the 32mm base size was for "bulky" models... and 25mm was still going to be the "infantry" size.

I was fairly certain this was correct. All the genestealers for example in the new box set have 25mm bases.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:44 pm

I don't think it has to do with bulky. It's more of a "looks good" thing. All SM seem to be going to 32, while I can't imagine guard going to it.

There is a really simple fix I don't think anyone has thought of. Rather than rebasing your existing stuff REBASE THE NEW with 25mm if it bothers you that much. I can tell you exactly how many ducks I give about the change.

Ducking autocorrect.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:40 am

Aegwymourn wrote:
Matthew G wrote:Oh... I thought the 32mm base size was for "bulky" models... and 25mm was still going to be the "infantry" size.

I was fairly certain this was correct. All the genestealers for example in the new box set have 25mm bases.
the last couple WDs have outrightly said that all space marines are being switched up in all new boxes sold going forward, which is leading people to believe all infantry on 25s will be switching to 32s eventually as it gives the potential for unfair advantages.

prior to them stating this in the WDs, people were assuming only bulky models since the genestealers in the baal kit stayed as 25s.  another thing of note that people havent been catching is that the warriors in the baal set are now being released with the centurions' 50mm bases instead of the previous 40mm.  if you read the description of the kit on the site, its one of the few that actually gives you an exact breakdown of how many of each base size is in the box, and for which models they're intended for.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down