Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renegade Ally Module list crafting

2 posters

Go down

Renegade Ally Module list crafting Empty Renegade Ally Module list crafting

Post  Planes Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:58 pm

Having now gotten my hands on IA 13, I'm working on taking a serious crack at trying to figure out an ally module for my CSM.  Most of the stuff in the book is pretty straight forward, but having never done anything with IG before I have absolutely no clue with what to do with a Command Squad or how to build it.  Since it is going to be an allied detachment I know I want to upgrade the Arch-Demagogue (Company Commander equivalent?) to be a Heretek Magus (because who doesn't like being T4 with a 3+ and the ability to hand out 6+ FNP to most of your army?) and a Refractor Field, but outside of that I really have no clue.  I can only get one special weapon and one heavy weapons team in the squad, so I'm uncertain as to how I want to speciallize this squad, or if I'm just throwing good points after bad if I do so.  Maybe I just give him a Power Maul and attach him to the Mutant Rabble?

What I have hammered out for sure so far is my Troops:

Renegade Infantry Platoon:
|__>Inf. Squad A (20 man) -- Vox-Caster, Chaos Sigil, Lasguns; Renegade Champion, Covenant of Tzeentch; Weapons Team w/ Autocannon x2.  115 pts
|
|__>Inf. Squad B (12 man) -- Chaos Sigil, Lasguns, Sub-Flak Armour, FNP 6+; Weapons Team w/ Autocannon; Ren. Chimera, Autocannon, Militia Training, Camo Net. 154 pts
|
|__>Inf. Squad C (12 man) -- Chaos Sigil, Lasguns, Sub-Flak Armour, FNP 6+; Weapons Team w/ Autocannon; Ren. Chimera, Autocannon, Militia Training, Camo Net. 154 pts

Renegade Mutant Rabble (50 man) -- Mutant Champion, Covenant of Khorne, Power Maul. 185 pts

So far between the Troops and a minimum size Command Squad with the Magus and Refactor Field upgrades this does have me sitting at just shy of 700 points, but I feel it covers a large portion of my need for boots on the ground, which is a large portion of why I want to take these guys (Arvus Lighters and Raipers being some of the others). I also really like how Khorne and Tzeentch actually seem to have a touch more use in their boons in this list, letting me get a bit of a Chaos Undivided vibe when this module gets combined by my more Nurgle and Slaanesh dominated CSM lists.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated, as I want to get some of these details hammered out before I build too much of it.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Renegade Ally Module list crafting Empty Re: Renegade Ally Module list crafting

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:21 pm

Hmm, a couple of points.

How expensive is that FnP 6+? On a t3 model I don't see it being that worthwhile of an upgrade unless it is criminally cheap, or part of another upgrade. In a similar vein I'd drop the camo on the chimeras.

What does the covenant of tzeentch do for the 20 man blob?

Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:49 pm

The FNP 6+ is 10 points to blanket the whole squad, which I'd call affordable protection against the inevitable exploding chimera. It is made available as part of taking the Heretek Magus, with the Mutant Rabble (the one squad I really want it on) being one of the few that can't get it.

Covenant of Tzeentch is an amazing little thing, it lets you Snap Fire at BS2. Those weapon teams get to run and gun with Autocannons better than a Havoc could ever hope to, and makes the blob a bit more of a threat to fliers.

Also of note, unlike CSM or Daemons, the Ruinous Powers don't care if you co-mingle their boons in this list, so I might just toss a Power Maul and a Covenant of Slaanesh for Fleet onto the Magus and have him hoof it with the Rabble, for double covenant action.

The Covenant of Khorne, by the way, gives the unit the ability "may re-roll all failed To Wound rolls on the first turn of any close combat", making attached characters even scarier.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down