Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preferred Enemy + Gets Hot + Blast weapons

5 posters

Go down

Preferred Enemy + Gets Hot + Blast weapons Empty Preferred Enemy + Gets Hot + Blast weapons

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:18 pm

So a bit of conundrum here. From how I think the rules should work the re-roll for PE would allow you to re-roll the dice when you check for "gets hot", but I would say does not allow for a re-roll of the scatter dice. What do other people think?
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Preferred Enemy + Gets Hot + Blast weapons Empty Re: Preferred Enemy + Gets Hot + Blast weapons

Post  ShadowDisco Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:32 pm

It works for plasma guns but not the cannons the cannons roll to see if it gets hot separately but re rolls for scatter. For the simple fact the scatter is too see if it hits the target. In my opinion
ShadowDisco
ShadowDisco
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Preferred Enemy + Gets Hot + Blast weapons Empty Re: Preferred Enemy + Gets Hot + Blast weapons

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:40 pm

"Gets Hot and Re-rolls: If a model has the ability to re-roll its rolls To Hit (including because of BS6+ or the Twin-linked special rule), a Wound is only suffered if the To Hit re-roll is also a 1; it may also re-roll Gets Hots results of 1 for weapons that do not roll To Hit."

Emphasis mine.

This to me would suggest that you are allowed to re-roll the gets hot dice rolls. Since preferred enemy does allo a re-roll to hit (specifically ones). I just want to get other peoples opinions.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:14 pm

It sounds plausible. That said, it would have been lovely if GW had included a mention of it in the above brackets.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:48 pm

For sure.. reroll on the 1 from gets hot, but nothing on the scatter. 

I think this is the same from last edition, but doesnt come up to often.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:56 pm

System Commander wrote:For sure.. reroll on the 1 from gets hot, but nothing on the scatter. 

I think this is the same from last edition, but doesnt come up to often.

K, this is what I was thinking as well.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:34 pm

I agree with Robyn.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down