Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robyn's Special Skull and Bone Recipe....

4 posters

Go down

Robyn's Special Skull and Bone Recipe.... Empty Robyn's Special Skull and Bone Recipe....

Post  ScottRadom Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:21 pm

....should be posted here. I really like what you did on your terminators and I would like to rip off your idea and use it for my own on some goblin projects. Even your crappy photo skills couldn't conceal the talent behind your work sir!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Robyn's Special Skull and Bone Recipe.... Empty Re: Robyn's Special Skull and Bone Recipe....

Post  Administratum Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:31 pm

Agreed, we demand a tutorial from the skull commander. If you do not provide one, some very embarrasing things could happen to your avatar Twisted Evil

Oh Scott, and anyone else who has a ninja fetish, i have locked down a vanishing ninja smoke bomb emoticon. I just need to figure out how to download it and put it on the board. The guy i found does a bunch of different stuff, and said i can use any of his work. Ill see what other =I=censor=I= he has.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Robyn's Special Skull and Bone Recipe.... Empty Re: Robyn's Special Skull and Bone Recipe....

Post  ScottRadom Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:09 pm

LexMechanic wrote:Agreed, we demand a tutorial from the skull commander. If you do not provide one, some very embarrasing things could happen to your avatar Twisted Evil

Oh Scott, and anyone else who has a ninja fetish, i have locked down a vanishing ninja smoke bomb emoticon. I just need to figure out how to download it and put it on the board. The guy i found does a bunch of different stuff, and said i can use any of his work. Ill see what other =I=censor=I= he has.

How about a different censored thingy? so when I drop eff bombs they look cooler then this =I=censor=I=
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:51 pm

I think thats a =I=censor=I= good idea. The current one is =I=censor=I= =I=censor=I= so give me some ideas.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:56 pm

Well my first choice would be to just have the orginal words NOT censored. You're really hamstringing my communication pallette here. Like painting a fig in only grey scale...

Second pick might be an Inquisitorial logo or something else. I would't bother doing any work on your own, but if you could steal it it might be cool.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:57 am

That hilarious because i know you are totally serious. Points for creative use of the word pallet.
Ill see what i can do, i mean, its nothing that our members have not heard before right?

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:48 am

What's an 'eff bomb'?
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:11 am

Well if Cam would "Take the Training Wheels" off on this site I could elaborate, and go into some serious details. But, I remain shackled and oppressed.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:34 am

Is it like a phosphorous bomb. I'm thinking of using those in both 40k and FOW.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:37 am

You should appologize to yourself for highjacking your own thread. Wasn't this for getting Robyn to post his skull recipe? He'll probably tell you to use the article in white dwarf a few issues back giving the step by step for painting Skull Taker.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:47 am

pffft, eff Robyn.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:56 am

System Commander wrote:Yes you bet. Well, first off, I found the recipe in the White Dwarf # something or other.. *sigh* I can't find it right now. I put it in a special place because I knew I was going to need it for the skulls I'm working on. I have no idea where that special is now. However, I do "sort of" remember the recipe. By the way, I was trying to follow the instructions from the white dwarf where they paint Skulltaker and his skull filled the cloak. I loved the way it turned out in the magazine with the deep grey undercoat.

Anyway, it starts with a base of Chardon Granite foundation paint. It says to add a layer of 1 to 1 Chardon granite and bleaches bone, but I spent more time and spread this over a few layers just adding more bleached bone. Just build it up until you finish with a straight bleached bone highlight. The last step is an extreme highlight of skull white.

There's my skull recipe in all it's glory.. posted a month ago on my Painting challenge army blog. Its exactly the same recipe form the Skulltaker cloak about 4 White Dwarves back. I cant create my own recipes, I am a full color R-tard..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down