Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Tabletop Colors

5 posters

Go down

New Tabletop Colors Empty New Tabletop Colors

Post  Administratum Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:56 pm

Hey guys, Robyn has said he is going to try and get some more space for us, so i thought i would pitch in and help the cause by working on the table situation. Ivan and myself will be donating a massive 4x8 table to the den. It originally was a battlefleet gothic table, but i painted gray over the space theme. I did this because the majority of the terrain at the den is city fight, so i thought it would look decent.
While im at it i asked Darren if i could pick up some material and recover those tables that have fabric on them. The fabric is pretty old and gross from stains and such. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what color fabric to buy. My idea would be to do a different color on each table, so as to make the different terrain suited to certain table. Perhaps a dark brown that could be used for dirt based terrain, and a dark green one like the current color for jungle/bush.
Once i hear some suggestions as to what colors people like, i will post a poll and people can vote.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

New Tabletop Colors Empty Re: New Tabletop Colors

Post  System Commander Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:00 pm

Any of those colors should work fine. A light green one (like the color of static grass) would also look great.

I've got those two grass mats at home that should really be mounted to tables...

Did Darren say he'd subsidize you back for the fabric?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:05 pm

System Commander wrote:Any of those colors should work fine. A light green one (like the color of static grass) would also look great.

I've got those two grass mats at home that should really be mounted to tables...

Did Darren say he'd subsidize you back for the fabric?

DON'T get light colors for the den. Those tables can't really be washed with the fabric on them so the light colors will merely showcase the can rings and taco time stains a little better than the dark colors.

I liked the dark green as even the city stuff didn't look dumb on them, but a brown one might be nice too. I just would point to the grossness of the fabric on them now to try and dissuade any light colored fabric.

It's cool of you to do this by the way. You keep it real Cam.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:07 pm

I don't think you need a poll for the colors. Earth tones can pretty much work with anything. Grey, Brown, and Green's all you need.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:00 pm

Good point on the color Scott. I was thinking aboutthe light green I have and love to use, but I forget that a few dozen people will be using it each week.

I sure hope the Den is helping out with these......
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:15 pm

So long as the situation is completely settled beforehand I have had no problems getting money from Darren. So long as the cash is talked about and Agreed to ahead of time I wouldn't expect bad things from Holoboff. Just make sure whoever is going keeps the receipt and gets Darren to confirm the budget ahead of time. An actual call to him while shopping for it might help as well.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I did talk to Darren and he agreed to subsidize the project. All i have to do is go buy the stuff and turn in the reciepts for some cold hard cash. Might need a hand actually stapling the stuff down if anyone has some free time.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:14 pm

Careful where you go. I went to fabricland and got 6ft by 8ft of some grey stuff for my table at home. I was pumped about the colour and texture that I found and thought it would be so perfect that I didn't bother looking at the price. I had one of the girls there cut it for me and took it to the till where I found I just spent $60. (good stuff though)
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:19 pm

Yup, some of that stuff is really exspensive.. and the nicer/softer it is, of course the more it goes up.

Wal-mart might be a good place to start, but I know even like 8 years ago back when I went and bought a 4 1/2 foot x 6 1/2 it was about $35. Did he give you a limit?

Let us know when things are bought, I can definitely help refabric it.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:29 pm

No he diddnt give a limit, and said he diddnt mind paying more for quality... $60 however might earn me a back-ally suplex. I will do a little shopping around. I might just try to take the stuff down to the den early on thursday and put whoever is there to work.

I might take Scotts advice as well and call him while shopping.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:38 pm

Just called walmart and they said they have a few things that should work. The prices go from $1.98 per meter to $8 a meter at the most.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:54 pm

Awesome, sounds good. You should get one that's covered in white lace.. I love the feel of lace. That might be a bad idea though, I might be tempted to take off my clothes and roll around on the table. Wouldn't want to damage any miniatures!

Hope you guys enjoy that mental image, good luck sleeping tonight.. haha!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:00 pm

That sounds like a regular Rock Band party at Scott's, featuring Scott after about 8 beer. Or is it less? Combined with some singing.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:11 pm

How did such a harmless topic devolve into this Sad

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:33 pm

Put your goddamn crying' emoticon away Cam, this isn't devolution, this is evolution!

Clearly you've never been to a Rock Band drinkathon at my place. You should come sometime.

Ryan: Usually more than 8 beer to go topless, 16 to go bottomless, 24+ to sing Freebird at WJ's, and who the hell knows how many to sing a duet with Snakeater.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:26 pm

Haha, yea i diddnt really want a crying emoticon, when i typed it in it was an unhappy face. Unfortunately i am lazy and there is still no smoke bomb emote, so you will have to deal with it.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:28 pm

LexMechanic wrote:Haha, yea i diddnt really want a crying emoticon, when i typed it in it was an unhappy face. Unfortunately i am lazy and there is still no smoke bomb emote, so you will have to deal with it.

flower This one wil do until the smoke bomb arives.

-----POOF!------
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:02 pm

ScottRadom wrote:Put your goddamn crying' emoticon away Cam, this isn't devolution, this is evolution!

Clearly you've never been to a Rock Band drinkathon at my place. You should come sometime.

Ryan: Usually more than 8 beer to go topless, 16 to go bottomless, 24+ to sing Freebird at WJ's, and who the hell knows how many to sing a duet with Snakeater.

It's too bad you actualy don't remember your duet with Snakeater. For those of you who don't know Snakeater is a drunken barfly with no eyebrows who likes to karaoke Whisky in the Jar sounding like a foreign language.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:48 pm

I may not remember but I KNOW we made magic. "Whiskey in the Jar" was lightning in a bottle that night.....
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Anderson Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:54 pm

We're all talking about solid colours but it would be cool if there was some sort of multi-coloured fabric like a camo pattern, something that can showcase a mix of mud and green terrain, though that may be getting a bit fancy. :p

I'm up for adding my two cents to the fund, those tables do need a change.

(Oh and Robyn, we should get a nice hot pink cloth for that lace. Get a real Slanesh world going on. )
Mr Anderson
Mr Anderson
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down