Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Counts as Space Marine

4 posters

Go down

Counts as Space Marine Empty Counts as Space Marine

Post  Matthew G Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:27 am

Has anyone ever done an Eldar or non-space marine (excluding CSM) army that "counts as" Space marines?
Had the thought today, prolly from my meds LOL, into an Eldar army that counts as a space marine..

Striking Scorpions/swooping hawks are Assault marines
Dire Avengers/Guardians are Tacticals (prolly more so Dire Avengers) but their armor looks too weak, so maybe Dark Reapers as Marines....
Wraithlords as dreadnoughts

etc...

You think people would be against this kinda thing? I know there are some people that hate "counts as" armies.... I think it could be kinda neat to see, if done properly.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Counts as Space Marine Empty Re: Counts as Space Marine

Post  Paz Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:32 am

Counts as can be a good thing, but I don't think eldar as marines is. Mostly because there is already an eldar codex, so there's really no reason to proxy em. Plus fluff (eldar are faster and less tough than marines, and their stats reflect that)
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:06 pm

Just having regular eldar as counts as would be.. confusing to play against. 

I cant think of a way that eldar would work as marines. Youd have to give them bolters, lascannons, drop pods, rhinos.. ?

Otherwise your opponent could never keep track of whats going on. So.. its not really that people are against counts as, youd have to make an effort to convert it up somehow.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:59 pm

System Commander wrote:
Otherwise your opponent could never keep track of whats going on. So.. its not really that people are against counts as, youd have to make an effort to convert it up somehow.

There is a fine line for counts as. Robyn has hit the nail on the head that not only should it be cool, but easy for your opponent to follow.

For example Mike B. has his counts as white scars chaos marines. Everything model wise is WYSIWYG dudes with melta guns have melta guns etc. The only difference is that stuff is spiky. So it is flavorful enough for Mike to use the models he likes, but simple enough that any opponent could figure it out in the two minutes it normally takes to go over army lists.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down