Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Line of sight

4 posters

Go down

Line of sight Empty Line of sight

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:17 am

So baleflamers.

have a 45 degree frontal arc of fire from the weapon.
is this the same as line of sight?

Lets say i'm fighting myself, and my superfriends bike lord with his artificer armor is racing forward with his wedge of bikers behind him, ready to tank a bunch of bale flamer hits with his 2+ cuz hes in front. The other me moves his BaleDrake onto the table so that his 45 degree arc cannot see the Lord, but can get the template over a majority of the bikes behind the lord...

Do the wounds go on the lord, as he is the closest model to the Drake, or do they go on the bikes as they are the models within the "arc of fire/Line of sight"

I'm reading the rules again now that i'm at work, but i haven't had coffee yet, so .. yeah.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Line of sight Empty Re: Line of sight

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:34 am

rulebook wrote:6. Allocate Wounds & Remove Casualties. Any Wounds caused by the firing unit must now be allocated, one at a time, to the closest model in the target unit. A model with a Wound allocated to it can take a saving throw (if it has one) to avoid being wounded. If a model is reduced to 0 Wounds, it is removed as a casualty. Wounds are then allocated to the next closest model. Continue to allocate Wounds and take saving throws until all Wounds have been resolved.

rulebook wrote:Line of Sight
To target an enemy unit, at least one model must have line of sight to at least one model in the target unit. If no model has line of sight, then a different target must be chosen.

vehicles wrote:Vehicles Weapons & Line of Sight
When firing a vehicle’s weapons, point them at the target and then trace line of sight from each weapons’ mounting and along its barrel to see if the shot is blocked by intervening terrain or models.
If the target unit is in cover from only some of the vehicle’s weapons, then work out the target’s cover saves exactly as if each firing weapon on the vehicle was a separate firing unit. Note that, even when firing Barrage weapons, the target unit must be in the weapon’s arc of sight.
On some models, it will actually be impossible to move the gun and point it towards the target because of the way the model is assembled. In this case, players should assume that the guns on a vehicle are free to rotate or swivel on their mountings. In the rare cases when it matters, assume that guns can swivel vertically up to 45º, even if the barrel on the model itself cannot physically do that! Additionally, assume all hull-mounted weapons can swivel horizontally up to 45º.

Out of Sight wrote:Out of Sight
If none of the firing models can draw a line of sight to a particular model in the target unit, then Wounds cannot be allocated to it, and must instead be allocated to the nearest visible model in the target unit. If there are no visible models in the target unit, all remaining Wounds in the pool are lost.

I guess the questions are.....Is  Line of sight and Arc of Sight vehicle rules refered to in the Out of Sight rule?   Does a vehicle have a seperate line of sight than its Fireing Arc for a particular weapon?

Personally, i think this is the NEW baleflamer Shenanigans! ... i can't fire it out the ass of the Drake, but i can slice up your units with the 45 degree arc of fire with proper placement of the model.

Balesniper?
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:37 am

it says draw LoS from the weapon so if its out of the 45 arc then its out of LoS.
seems legit.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:42 am

According to the BRB quotes, I'd have to agree as if the model/unit is not within the 45 deg fire arc then it's not in LoS.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:25 pm

Certainly requires a lot more thought in advance than the old "look at me, I'm zone denial!" that the Heldrake was. I can work with that.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down