Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Memory of yuranthos

+5
judchic
System Commander
dusktiger
Aegwymourn
Rhaevyn
9 posters

Go down

Last Memory of yuranthos Empty Last Memory of yuranthos

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:36 pm

So, how does this work for 7th?

Two questions, really.

You don't get to choose your power with this, so does it affect getting the primaris of whatever school you want if you choose all your powers from it.

... and is the power limited to a max of three Warp charge? or only 3 matter max? .... or is its mechanic just broken until there is a FAQ?

... and sunburst no longer causes blind? wtf.

black legion wrote:Psyker only. The bearer increases his Mastery Level by 1. Do not generate an additional psychic power for this bonus Mastery Level. Instead, the Psyker knows the Sunburst psychic power from the Pyromancy Discipline (see the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook) in addition to any other powers he knows. The Psyker can choose to manifest Sunburst using 1, 2 or 3 Warp Charge points. If the power is successfully manifested using 2 Warp Charge points, its range is increased to 12", or 18" if it is successfully manifested using 3 Warp Charge points. If, when attempting to manifest this power using 2 or more Warp Charge points, the Psyker fails his Psychic test, he is removed from play as a casualty.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Last Memory of yuranthos Empty Re: Last Memory of yuranthos

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:42 pm

So here is my humble opinion.

First, yes you do lose your primaris power. If you ever gain a power from a different school you lose your primaris. (unless of course all your other powers were from pyromancy, or you auto get a primaris like chaos).

Second, basically yes it is broken since the vernacular is all the same in 7th. So you'd have to use only 1/2/3 dice to cast it. And if you fail, poof.

Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:19 pm

to me, it sounds like you still cast however many dice you like to cast the power, but you choose which WC level the power is, thus determining how many successful 4+s you need to cast it, and how far the power reaches.  it doesn't say anything about WC2 or WC3 being any different from WC1, apart from WC2 becomes 12" range, and WC3 becomes 18" range.

you should still be able to roll up to 6 dice like any other power;  but you have to inform your opponent whether you need 1, 2, or 3 4+'s to cast it, and what the relevant range of the power is for needing that many 4's.

as for not causing blind tests, i dont think that's a big deal;  its causing 2D6 bolter wounds that ignore cover and cause soul blaze.  to every single enemy unit within 9"/12"/18".  that includes flyers and FMC.  that's not shabby.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:40 pm

I think Mike was wondering if he could pump to WC 4 or higher?

It doesn't say so, but since there are no other WC 4 powers in the game.. I'd be hard pressed to believe it go over WC3.

Crappy on the primaris though.. makes sense it seems. They need to update some damn faq's.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:09 am

i don't think you lose the primaris. the wording is you have to generate all your powers from one discipline. this is not generating, its a freebie. if it said you generate this instead of one of your powers i would agree.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:10 am

im thinking tom is right, which makes the thing useless. you can only use up to three WC... and if you don't get three successes you fail... and your psyker is removed from play.

so its basically unusable in the current edition... which is fine Smile cuz it was sto0opid before.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:47 am

black legion wrote:Psyker only. The bearer increases his Mastery Level by 1. Do not generate an additional psychic power for this bonus Mastery Level. Instead, the Psyker knows the Sunburst psychic power from the Pyromancy Discipline (see the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook) in addition to any other powers he knows. The Psyker can choose to manifest Sunburst using 1, 2 or 3 Warp Charge points. If the power is successfully manifested using 2 Warp Charge points, its range is increased to 12", or 18" if it is successfully manifested using 3 Warp Charge points. If, when attempting to manifest this power using 2 or more Warp Charge points, the Psyker fails his Psychic test, he is removed from play as a casualty.

where is this from? there is no faq and the ibook doesn't say use the new sunburst rules.
its worded for 6th where it was supposed to be cast with those warp charges not the new version. unfortunately since the wording is the exact same it doesn't work. it should be you choose what level to try and cast at (1-3) still throwing as many dice as desired from the pool but if the vote is RAW then its useless atm.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:03 am

@ Dusktiger - The problem is with how they worded it. In the power it specifies how many "warp charge points" you are allowed to spend which determines how many dice you are allowed to use.

judchic wrote:i don't think you lose the primaris. the wording is you have to generate all your powers from one discipline. this is not generating, its a freebie. if it said you generate this instead of one of your powers i would agree.

If you check the section on primaris powers if anything causes you to gain another power (even during play) you lose the primaris. It is kinda lame.

If people wanted to in-house fix it I would be ok with it. But RAW it is pretty lame.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:29 am

I see 2 solutions:

1) declare what level you are going to cast at (1,2, or 3). Then cast as normal. If you declared level 2 and only generated 1 success, the spell fails.

2) declare how many dice you wish to use. 1 success= cast at WC 1, etc.

I like the second one better as its faster and keeps things moving.

I think for Focus purposes, it should count as being generated from Pyromancy (meaning you'd still get focus for any marked sorcerer, or if you stick to Pyromancy. I can totally see the agreement the other way as well.

Take Zeke from DA. He knows Mind Worm (aka Mindshackle Cherubs) in addition to other powers. Due to it not having a discipline a la Force. He can still get Psychic Focus.

The issue to me is it isn't generated. You pay for Last Memory of Steve, and poof, you know Sunburst.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:41 am

I guess its still usefull for getting a lv 4 spell caster. I would just never cast the spell until it gets FAQed.

Still ok for marked Chaos sorcerers as they don't lose thier primaris if they have other school spells. only really matters for unmarked Sorcs.

Also, with sunburst not causing blind anymore, i'de have much less of an incentive to use it. trying to sucessfully cast a ML3 spell costs wayyy too many dice.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:16 pm

The only time the focus bit would matter, is if you're un-marked, and has been said, it's a "freebie" and isn't a "generated power".
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowDisco Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:30 pm

Where did you find this I read over the entire part of psychic phase and I have not seen making powers stronger or the pysker getting killed by it over charging
ShadowDisco
ShadowDisco
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Last Memory of Steve is a relic from the Black Legion supplement. Rhaevyn's quote at the start is full rules.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:27 pm

digital version of this got updated.
short version, if you wish to increase range to 12" its cost becomes 2, if you wish for range 18" it becomes cost 3. still makes you go poof if you perils.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:I guess its still usefull for getting a lv 4 spell caster. I would just never cast the spell until it gets FAQed.

Still ok for marked Chaos sorcerers as they don't lose thier primaris if they have other school spells. only really matters for unmarked Sorcs.

Also, with sunburst not causing blind anymore,  i'de have much less of an incentive to use it. trying to sucessfully cast a ML3 spell costs wayyy too many dice.

just use 1 warp charge , with a familiar it is like a 75% success rate.

Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum