Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allied detachments

3 posters

Go down

Allied detachments Empty Allied detachments

Post  Matthew G Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:42 am

Planning an Army List and not sure on how the 7th edition allies work.

Can I take 2 Blood Angel detachments in the same list?

Example, List 1 has 2 HQs, Full elites, a few troops, etc. I then Want to ally another Blood Angel list to get a 3rd HQ, another elite, and another troops choice.

Can I do this now? Or, does the allied force have to be a from a new/different army list (Ie, Dark Angels, Vanilla SM, etc)
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Allied detachments Empty Re: Allied detachments

Post  Planes Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:04 am

As I understand it, under 7th Ed rules, you can take as many primary detachments as you like, providing you can fill the 1 HQ and 2 Troops minimum requirement for each detachment. You'd only invoke allied detachments if you wanted to get another army in there for support.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:35 am

I don't think you can use the "allies" detachment (1hq, 1Troop) with the same Faction primary combined arms detachment.

You can however, take two (or more) Combined Arms Detachments. (1-2hq, 2-6Troops, 3 each others) Which is what we used to call Double Force Org before. Only now there is no 2000 point game restrictions.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:48 am

Rhaevyn wrote:I don't think you can use the "allies" detachment (1hq, 1Troop)  with the same Faction primary combined arms detachment.

You can however, take two (or more) Combined Arms Detachments.  (1-2hq, 2-6Troops, 3 each others)  Which is what we used to call Double Force Org before.  Only now there is no 2000 point game restrictions.

Thanks for the clarification!
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down