Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7th First Impressions

3 posters

Go down

7th First Impressions Empty 7th First Impressions

Post  Lore Weaver Fri May 30, 2014 9:27 am

So, first game of 7th and I played a janky CSM list with lotsa psychic stuffs, no daemonology.
High Level lists of Me vs Jeremy.

My List
Ahriman
Lvl 3 Unmarked Sorc w\ Familiar (the new thing!)
10x1k Sons w\ Icon
5x1k Sons in a Rhino w\ Havoc
10xCultists w\ a STUBBER
Heldrake
3xTzeentchy Oblits w\ VotLW
Hades Forgefiend with the fayce gun

Jeremy's List
Tricked out Surfboard Lord, MSS, Scythe, 2+, 3++, Orb
2xLords with 2+, orbs, and light stavs
1xC'Tan w\ Thunder bolt and Gaze
10xWarriors in an Ark
10xWarriors on foot
5xImmortals
3xWraiths, 2xWhip Coils
Doom Scythe

===

I deployed First, opted to go first, Jeremy Seized and wrecked my rhino with the 10 dudes in the Ghost Ark. I had sad. He then charged my 10x1k sons as they had infiltrated up. He killed 1, they killed a wraith.

My turn, got off an Endurance (I cheated, it's WC2 now... corrected for the rest of the game). I did not get Invisibility off on them at this point.
Ahriman didn't do much.

Put 3 wounds on the C'Tan with Forgefiend and Oblits

Turn 2 --
Jeremy's Doom Scythe popped in and killed 2 oblits (I made 2 4++ saves! Nurgle is way better).

Surfboard Lord joined in the fight. Challenged, schmoe accepted, nothing happened. (4+FnP from endurance!)

My turn, Drake comes on, flames 5 warriors, they run. Invis gets off, but I perils and take a wound. Ahriman opens up firestorms! Kills nothing (typical firestorm). Forgefiend finishes the C'Tan, Oblit knocks over an immortal and attached lord. Lord stays down.

==== Stuff happens ==== (I'll add the deets later, busy)

Ahriman got 2 out of 3 doombolts off, hosing the Ghost Ark, doing a 7" diameter S4 explosion. They then assaulted the unit, wiping them out.

Jeremy took the win with a warrior and and 3 immortals claiming two objectives that were uncontestable by my Oblit and Heldrake. One more turn and I had it, but Jeremy took the big "W" due to smart play w\ the new trumping troops.

Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

7th First Impressions Empty Re: 7th First Impressions

Post  Lore Weaver Fri May 30, 2014 9:29 am

Also,

Invisibility is stupid dumb good. Only thing that killed my sorcerer was the two perils he got while attempting to cast it. In retrospect, 3 dice w\ a re-roll due to spell familiar is probably smarter. I failed *a lot* of WC2 powers on 4 dice, but didn't want to spend more due to perils risk.

I kept forgetting to activate force weapons, often I chose not to, as I'd run out of dice.

Jeremy got a couple clutch DtW rolls too.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri May 30, 2014 9:39 am

Just a note Mark. I read on either FLG or 3++ that there is not first turn charges from either side now? I haven't seen a rules quote for it yet, but I'll try to dig it up.

Sounds like an interesting game at least!  Smile 
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri May 30, 2014 10:32 am

actually... i can't even find the rule that the player who Goes first cannot charge on the first turn....

still looking though.

edit *****under the rule for infiltrate - it says
The Rules wrote:A unit that deploys using these rules cannot charge in their first turn.

... it looks to me, if you can reach your opponent... say if they chose to infiltrate too close to your FMC or unit of bikes.... you can smash them IN THE FACE on turn one...

But, anything coming in from reserves or infiltrating is still restricted from declaring charges the turn they enter the table.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri May 30, 2014 11:09 am

Yea, when I did a text search for first turn I got the quote "which makes first turn charges hard to achieve while still giving you enough space on a typical table to deploy your army".

So first turn charges are in!
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum