Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAQ's are live

+7
Gulsnick
judchic
superdeuxlol
Rhaevyn
Matthew G
Planes
Lore Weaver
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FAQ's are live - Page 2 Empty Re: FAQ's are live

Post  Aegwymourn Tue May 27, 2014 1:30 pm

GingerBalls wrote:Tau has no change.

Was hoping for a clarification on the whole Talisman of Artha Mohloc thing but I guess I will have to continue waiting.

In the FE supplement - +2 to Deny rolls within 12"

also clarified that you can do FE are a separate detachment for wargear stuff.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue May 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Was hoping for a clarification on the whole Talisman of Artha Mohloc thing but I guess I will have to continue waiting.
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/Farsight_Enclaves_v1.0_May14.pdf

It grants him and everyone within 12" +2 to their DtW rolls.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue May 27, 2014 1:32 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/Farsight_Enclaves_v1.0_May14.pdf

It grants him and everyone within 12" +2 to their DtW rolls.

already posted that Mark  Razz 

...although i know people dont read my posts.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Tue May 27, 2014 1:46 pm

That'll teach me to ignore the supplements sections. Thanks, fellas!
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue May 27, 2014 3:24 pm

What a load of shit those faq's were... again. 

The daemon thing irritates me to no end.. and Gw ignoring it is more frustrating.

If you're playing a friendly game and your opponent knows your bringing tzeentch casters.. awesome.. but otherwise dont. Your opponent will experience a horrible game and hopefully out you for a community ridiculing.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Tue May 27, 2014 3:58 pm

So like taking 4 helldrakes or 3 Wraithknights or 4+ riptides? Assuming everyone remembers dbad (don't be a dick) really shouldn't be a problem. It's a game. Have fun with your opponent.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue May 27, 2014 4:05 pm

No ones ever taken more than 2 drakes, knights or riptides.. and until we see how the unbound lists match up.. im less concerned about that. 

But as always, transparency is key .. and its something we never have an issue with for the league. I really dont have to say anything.. im just dissapointed in the daemon debacle. 

I really think im still getting over the fact that all of a sudden.. every psyker has become an expert daemon summoner. 

My berserker champs used to be able to pop into bloodthirsters..  a long long time ago.. Sad
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue May 27, 2014 4:30 pm

they arn't going to fix tz daemons because they want to sell TZ daemons...

when sales go down, they will look at it... probably.

What i don't like is that you can't use any bonuses to deny blessings =/ Drop pod with a runepriest could play spoiler to a lot of the shenanigans, but its just 6's
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick Tue May 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:they arn't going to fix tz daemons because they want to sell TZ daemons...

when sales go down, they will look at it... probably.

What i don't like is that you can't use any bonuses to deny blessings =/ Drop pod with a runepriest could play spoiler to a lot of the shenanigans, but its just 6's

i don't think the list is all that hard to beat , they can start to loose warp charges real fast . espesialy if the demons don't get first turn .
one unit of horrors and a herald is not that hard to kill and that is 4-6 warp charges
the only stupid thing would be the time it takes to do a turn for the demons, and keeping track of that crap
Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue May 27, 2014 5:12 pm

From what I heard, while the list was pumping out silly numbers of dudes each turn, it wasn't doing anything to it's opponent while doing so, and just got torn apart.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue May 27, 2014 5:16 pm

System Commander wrote:No ones ever taken more than 2 drakes, knights or riptides.. and until we see how the unbound lists match up.. im less concerned about that. 

But as always, transparency is key .. and its something we never have an issue with for the league. I really dont have to say anything.. im just dissapointed in the daemon debacle. 

I really think im still getting over the fact that all of a sudden.. every psyker has become an expert daemon summoner. 

My berserker champs used to be able to pop into bloodthirsters..  a long long time ago.. Sad

Uhm.. Yeah... Someone took 3 WraithKnights...
Unless you are talking Imperial Knights....
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue May 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Planes wrote:From what I heard, while the list was pumping out silly numbers of dudes each turn, it wasn't doing anything to it's opponent while doing so, and just got torn apart.

Erm in the FLG video it basically tabled the other guy. I believe Frankie said "if he didn't have the Imperial Knight it wouldn't have even been a game".
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue May 27, 2014 5:49 pm

I can see it being extremely hard to beat. 

Turn 1 summon 4 new units of horrors/screamers/ Heralds.. whatever. 
Turn 2 turn into 4 Bloodthirsters with a greater reward. After that does it matter? 

It would be long... very long turns. Booking out the wazoo.. heralds and greater daemons getting gifts.. all yhe powers you have to keep track of plus beginning gifts. Its a nightmare.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue May 27, 2014 5:51 pm

System Commander wrote:I can see it being extremely hard to beat. 

Turn 2 turn into 4 Bloodthirsters with a greater reward. After that does it matter? 

It would be long... very long turns. Booking out the wazoo.. heralds and greater daemons getting gifts.. all yhe powers you have to keep track of plus beginning gifts. Its a nightmare.

Well if you can alpha strike them it would be a game. But like you said if they hit that critical mass.... not much you are going to do about it.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue May 27, 2014 5:53 pm

Matthew G wrote:
System Commander wrote:No ones ever taken more than 2 drakes, knights or riptides.. and until we see how the unbound lists match up.. im less concerned about that. 

Uhm.. Yeah... Someone took 3 WraithKnights...
Unless you are talking Imperial Knights....

So they did! I just got a note.. poor Dallas taking the heat Again. Everyone feel free to bug him a bit. He'll learn one of these days. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Tue May 27, 2014 5:55 pm

I think because of how long it took it won't be that good. When is last time a tournie round was 5 hours long? How many turns can they complete in 2 hours? I don't feel like its enough time to win.

Edit: especially for slooooooow players which some of us are. Imagine an ork player vs this summon spam. You'd get two turns and have to call it.
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick Tue May 27, 2014 6:08 pm

System Commander wrote:I can see it being extremely hard to beat. 

heralds only get 30 points of upgrades, the greater demons get nothing and you lose a model/ unit when they come into play.
demons also would never get the malefic primaris for free

don't get me wrong i think the list would suck to play and play agaisnt , i just don't think it is as broken as they say it is

in the game they played it was a tie, not a blow out like they thought it would be

remeber that team torney we played rob , i think i got 70 free models in one game , and we lost
i geus it didn't help that you brought wimpy blood thrister Smile
Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue May 27, 2014 6:50 pm

Oh yeaj.. i sucked the win out of that one. Bloodthirster vs. Ork Warboss...   *sigh*  It doesnt beat my unwounded khorne lord on jugger getting killed in combat by ians tau commander.. Sad

No gifts for the thirsters.. np. Those battle reports were trying to show how goofy things are.. if you focused on the win by being a bit more strategic.and going for the mission.. i think it would be a blowout. 

Test er out !
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick Tue May 27, 2014 7:11 pm

System Commander wrote:Oh yeaj.. i sucked the win out of that one. Bloodthirster vs. Ork Warboss...   *sigh*  It doesnt beat my unwounded khorne lord on jugger getting killed in combat by ians tau commander.. Sad

No gifts for the thirsters.. np. Those battle reports were trying to show how goofy things are.. if you focused on the win by being a bit more strategic.and going for the mission.. i think it would be a blowout. 

Test er out !

i would test it out if someone was willing to have a 5 hour game Smile
Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue May 27, 2014 8:59 pm

If we play at your place or mine we can try it out. 

You can use all my daemons and ill even use gk if youd like.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue May 27, 2014 10:09 pm

Another fairly significant change to GK. Their vehicles no longer have access to fortitude. That can be huge. I know I've had a couple of games where my dreads were stunned only to have them cast it and fire as normal (sometimes to the surprise of my opponent). Also since sanctuary can only be cast on the psyker the only power I seem them possibly using is banishment. Although with how many other squads have it only as a possible last resort.

I am really hoping that we see more of the GK powers in their own table (like chaos/'nids). Right now I am fairly underwhelmed with the options the generic units have. Although like demons you could spam a lot of the cheaper brotherhoods/pilots/psykers to generate a lot of warp dice. Although demons are still way better at with with cheap access to ML2/3 squads/heralds. Although it is interesting that all the character GKs get access to; Div, Pyro, Telekinesis and Telepathy. This would allow them to make better use of the possible large pool of dice available. Although it would have been amazing to see them with access to Biomancy. Also none of the casters who would have a fair number of powers (basically just librarians) are only two wound models. So you don't want to be making to many casts requiring lots of dice since your odds of suffering perils is fairly high.

Overall I think most of the FAQs are fine. They have addressed a lot of the primary issues for each codex. Although I think SotW for 'Nids could have used some love. Not to say that I am irked that now everyone apparently has the ability to summon demons, and summoning demons with demons is reeeallllyy good. Although that is what you get when you are "forging a narrative".

Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick Tue May 27, 2014 10:10 pm

System Commander wrote:If we play at your place or mine we can try it out. 

You can use all my daemons and ill even use gk if youd like.

sounds like fun , i need a day or 2 to put together 40 more pink horros though Smile
Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue May 27, 2014 10:30 pm

I've got about.. 30-40 horrors as well. I have one Tzeentch DP and you could use Flamers as heralds.. I've got about 10 of those.

I have to find a night to play Gavin first for the playoffs.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed May 28, 2014 11:44 am

Notable thing I missed on the earlier reading of the Reinforced Aegis: only effects the unit with it. It is no longer a bubble of buff.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Wed May 28, 2014 11:57 am

Played a game of 7th last night. Jink makes skimmers feel where they need to be. Tossed 8 dice at one spell for a few turns with no perils. I know its way more likely but meh. Deny rolls on buffs feel nearly non interactive. Jeremy was tossing dice but the amount of 6s you need feels a bit much at times. Regardless of all of that I only killed like 4 necron warriors and a single lord in 5 turns.
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next