Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kirby 7th Q&A

+8
dusktiger
Aegwymourn
Spamus Eatus
Paz
System Commander
Matthew G
GingerBalls
Lore Weaver
12 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Kirby 7th Q&A - Page 2 Empty Re: Kirby 7th Q&A

Post  dusktiger Thu May 22, 2014 12:03 pm

Move through Cover - not slowed by charging through difficult terrain; auto pass dangerous
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu May 22, 2014 12:07 pm

smash no longer lets you half your attack profile and do x number of double str attacks, its now all your attacks are AP 2, and you can choose to instead do a single double STR attack that can re-roll armour pen attempt.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu May 22, 2014 12:09 pm

dusktiger wrote:smash no longer lets you half your attack profile and do x number of double str attacks, its now all your attacks are AP 2, and you can choose to instead do a single double STR attack that can re-roll armour pen attempt.

Oh wow, that is huge. Makes characters without eternal warrior decent again.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu May 22, 2014 12:14 pm

Battle Bros - benefit from warlord trait; ICs can join; "friendly units" for psy powers, abilities, etc.; can use special abilities to repair vehicles; can use modifiers and re-rolls on reserve rolls; can embark on each other's transports

Allies of Con - treated as enemy units that cannot be charged, shot, attacked or targeted; cannot move within 1" of each other; no warlord, no IC joining, and basically none of the above stuff but are impacted by that effect enemy models.

Desperate - same as AOC plus if within 6" roll a D6, on a 1 they do nothing

Come the Apoc - same as Desperate but cannot deploy within 12" of each other.

No restrictions on scoring for any allies. yes they get objective secured.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu May 22, 2014 12:16 pm

new warlord trait tables that interact with the new maelstrom of war tactical objective cards:

Warlord traits -
Tactical; 1) while alive, can discard up to 2 active tactical objectives (TO) instead of 1
2) one use only, end of your turn, opponent randomly selects TO and discards
3) generate one additional TO first turn
4) redraw all TO on first turn if you want
5) while alive, re-roll VP awarded for TO
6) +1 VP for objective secured TO by Warlord

Command -
1) 12" use of warlord Ld
2) 12" use of lowest Ld for enemies
3) 12" move through cover
4) +1" for run and charge within 12"
5) 12" bubble of shooting re-roll 1s to hit (suck it tau - this is permanent)
6) same as above but for assault

Personal -
1) Counter attack
2) Furious charge
3) outflank
4) 1VP for characters slain in combat
5) FNP
6) Fearless and IWND

Strategic -
1) stealth ruins + move through cover
2) choose for night attack and all models in your army have night vision
3) warlord + 3 units (non-vehicle) have infiltrate
4) +1 to seize and re-roll reserves if warlord alive
5) -1 to opponents reserves
6) first enemy turn, 3 enemy units take a pinning check
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu May 22, 2014 12:17 pm

dusktiger wrote:
4) +1 to seize and re-roll reserves if warlord alive

I know what I'm taking with Coteaz for Astro next year  Twisted Evil 
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu May 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:
Spamus Eatus wrote:Looking decent so far...

Here's one, if Chaos dudes get their marked primaris power along with their regular roll on the table, do Nids get our primaris on top of our rolled power as well?

I wouldn't see why not. I think it falls under the same rules as everyone. That small change actually makes their powers way better.

Since Nids only get their own psychic discipline, wouldn't they get their own primaris automatically anyways, as all their rolls happen from the same discipline?

Paz wrote:The only unit this affects negatively (everything that has grenades still is smiling) is the c'tan. He "ignores cover" but now is still initiative 1. Tyranids without grenades always were i1 charging through cover, now they get to ignore, for the most part, the rolling to get through terrain (or the -2 it is now)

Wouldn't "Immune to Natural Law" supersede the rules associated with Move Through Cover? It says "C'Tan Shards ignore the effects of difficult and dangerous terrain while moving", and wouldn't the initiative drop be one of said effects?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu May 22, 2014 12:34 pm

The Night Attacker warlord trait being re-worked to grant night fighting to your army in addition to turning off the lights is pretty awesome.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Thu May 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Seems these are same as what we have been reading, but also seem to be a bit more descriptive.

Blood of Kittens Q&A

"Ruins, and the overall -absence- of "Area Terrain" do not provide you with a +2 cover for going to ground within them. They are difficult, they provide 4+ cover for those inside, regardless if they are 25% obscured. Nothing more. Now...the specific Ruins...Basilica Administratum, Sanctum Imperialis, Shrine of the Aquila....they are the exact same...but each have their own unique special rule. You and your opponent may choose to ignore these rules."
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Thu May 22, 2014 1:06 pm

noticing the vehicle damage chart is more forgiving. actually takes something with AP to blow things up now.
and vector strike only 1 hit vs non flyer/fmc
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu May 22, 2014 1:12 pm

judchic wrote:noticing the vehicle damage chart is more forgiving. actually takes something with AP to blow things up now.
and vector strike only 1 hit vs non flyer/fmc

and is ap2 now

just saw this.

"Sorry this is partly wrong - EACH player adds their own ML to the D6; that's their warp charges for casting and dispelling that turn.

So if I have 2 Farseers (ML3) and opponent has Tiggy (ML3) and I roll a D6 and get a 5, I have 5+3+3 and he has 5+3."

Picked the right time to expand my GK list  Razz 
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Thu May 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Yes..yes.... Roll ALL the dice.... Get ALL the perils
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Thu May 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Terrain has seen some tweaking. There is no Area Terrain, for instance. Each kind of purchasable terrain kit that GW sells has its own unique rules. Moonscape craters, for instance, provide only a 6+ cover, and are -not- difficult ground! In general, -moving- through difficult terrain is entirely unchanged. Assaulting through it takes 2 off your highest roll, but is otherwise the same. The generic Mysterious Terrain table is a thing of the past, but future Terrain kits may be released that have the Mysterious Terrain rule attached them... in such instances, they will have their own unique tables. The Crashed Aquila Lander kit, for instance, has a table unique to it
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu May 22, 2014 3:03 pm

##edit## jebus you guys are posting fast. the below was in response to mathews post about a 6 on the chart taking out a super heavy in one shot.###

which would only happy 33% of the time. the rest of the time, your super heave takes d3 hull points and shoots back.

I'm not unhappy with it. christ a rhino is going to survive a shot from a super heave ~36% of the time. i'll take those odds. especailly since the squad inside the rhino didn't get evaporated.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu May 22, 2014 3:05 pm

Matthew G wrote:Yes..yes.... Roll ALL the dice.... Get ALL the perils

They are my perils you can't have any!  Razz 

Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu May 22, 2014 3:06 pm

From everything I'm hearing, I couldn't be more excited for 7th. Not gunna buy the $100 rulebook tho, fuck that. Digital pdf for this guy. 50 bucks!

Last edited by Paz on Thu May 22, 2014 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu May 22, 2014 3:06 pm

What Mike said.

Consider the Ravenwing Scout army of 6 tactical squads in 6 rhinos. That's 12 scoring, uncontestable by non-troop units...

Or even Razor Spam... seems good.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu May 22, 2014 3:08 pm

And psykers are back at the top of the pops! 6th made regular joe psykers so boring, now you can risk it all for the biscuit, either cast a crazy powerful power, or explode, taking your whole squad with you. So cool. GW, you dun right.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu May 22, 2014 3:11 pm

Paz wrote:From everything I'm hearing, I couldn't be more excited for 7th. Not gunna buy the $100 rulebook tho, fuck that. Digital pdf for this guy. 50 bucks!

Oddly that is the biggest complaint I'm seeing so far. Most of the rule changes are positive and make sense. Even just being able to dispel enemy buffs is huge. The shitty part is that we have to buy a new rule set 2 years after the last one. And really apart from the psychic phase all the other rule changes are just tidying up stuff.

Really if they were offering a "bring in your 6th BRB and get this one for $50" I'd actually be in line to throw my $50 at them.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu May 22, 2014 4:30 pm

so the Blood of kittens post has me wondering something

bok wrote:Attempt to manifest psychic powers until warp charge pool is 0. Cannot ATTEMPT to manifest same power twice. - See more at: http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2014/05/22/network-news-7th-edition-telling/#sthash.u5OzKBwa.dpuf

Does this mean that each psyker doesn't generate thier own spells, you just add them all to the pool, or that if two psykers have the same power that only one can attempt to cast it ever. or just that a single psyker can only cast the same spell once?

I always thought that a lot of the BS could potentially be avoided if spells were actually dealt from a deck, so the really powerful or important powers could only appear in an army once. you take the physical card. give it to Tigerious and then duber lv 1 sorc couldn't roll that power up.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu May 22, 2014 4:33 pm

They mean that since you can decide to blow all your warp dice on a single psyker, and you might want to cast prescience, you can't attempt it, fail, then attempt again with the same psyker. He can try to cast another power that phase, but he cannot try to cast prescience. Kirby explains that on to someone on page 2 of the comments I believe
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu May 22, 2014 4:38 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:I always thought that a lot of the BS could potentially be avoided if spells were actually dealt from a deck, so the really powerful or important powers could only appear in an army once.  you take the physical card. give it to  Tigerious and then duber lv 1 sorc couldn't roll that power up.

Oddly enough this is what used to happen back when I played fantasy. Was one of the reasons magic wasn't considered an uber strategy. Your low level wizard could end up with the good spells and they were way easier to dispel (it was +1 for each level between the casters so if your casting with a level two scroll caddy then my level 4 wizard gets +2 to his roll to dispel). Also most decks only had one copy of each spell (except battle magic which anyone could take, there was 2-3 copies of everything except "hold fast" which could be game winning if you got it).
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu May 22, 2014 8:01 pm

dusktiger wrote:They mean that since you can decide to blow all your warp dice on a single psyker, and you might want to cast prescience, you can't attempt it, fail, then attempt again with the same psyker. He can try to cast another power that phase, but he cannot try to cast prescience. Kirby explains that on to someone on page 2 of the comments I believe

thanks. can't be bothered to more than skim comments. the unwashed masses are allowed to post there.
I consider it a feat that i read just about every post on this board.. (sorry mark)
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Thu May 22, 2014 8:03 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:
dusktiger wrote:They mean that since you can decide to blow all your warp dice on a single psyker, and you might want to cast prescience, you can't attempt it, fail, then attempt again with the same psyker. He can try to cast another power that phase, but he cannot try to cast prescience. Kirby explains that on to someone on page 2 of the comments I believe

thanks. can't be bothered to more than skim comments.  the unwashed masses are allowed to post there.
I consider it a feat that i read just about every post on this board.. (sorry mark)

TL:DR - Whut?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu May 22, 2014 8:20 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:

thanks. can't be bothered to more than skim comments.  the unwashed masses are allowed to post there.

Admit it Mike, you come here to read my posts. You know it, I know it, lets just set the record straight bro. study 
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum