Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7th rumours

+9
Spamus Eatus
GingerBalls
Planes
Lore Weaver
Rhaevyn
dusktiger
judchic
Roland
System Commander
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

7th rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: 7th rumours

Post  ShadowDisco Thu May 15, 2014 12:28 pm

When is 7th edition coming out?
ShadowDisco
ShadowDisco
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu May 15, 2014 12:34 pm

pre-orders go up the 24th?
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Thu May 15, 2014 12:55 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:pre-orders go up the 24th?

I heard pre-orders up the 17th? I could be wrong though.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Thu May 15, 2014 1:09 pm

comes out the 24th, preorders will be this weekend.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri May 16, 2014 8:20 pm

The ipad version will be 69 opposed to the 85 paper copy.

Only 59 for an ereader version. Ill be buying the paper copy but still nice to see.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat May 17, 2014 12:42 am

I just had a thought about the new psychic system that is kinda genius.

you have a 50% chance of casting a spell if you only use one. but... you have a ZERO percent chance of perils as you only roll one die.

How many times have you decided not to cast anything with your pskers cuz they only have one wound left and you don't want to give up VP's?

happens to me all the time time.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat May 17, 2014 1:16 am

Cool.. i like that. I was thinking whwn i first read iy id be tempted to cast alot of oev 1 powers on one dice.. more tempting now.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed May 21, 2014 10:00 am

Well, looks like the new allies matrix is out. No support for Traitor Guard + CSM outside of Forgeworld anymore. Same goes for Necrons and loyalist power armour buddies. Necrons got more chummy with Tau though, maybe?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Wed May 21, 2014 10:27 am

Planes wrote:Well, looks like the new allies matrix is out.  No support for Traitor Guard + CSM outside of Forgeworld anymore.  Same goes for Necrons and loyalist power armour buddies.  Necrons got more chummy with Tau though, maybe?

I saw that picture go out last night. Looks like a much tidier matrix.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Wed May 21, 2014 10:28 am

And marines and tau finally realized the love just wasn't there anymore...
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed May 21, 2014 10:48 am

... i'm unhappy.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed May 21, 2014 10:54 am

Rhaevyn wrote:... i'm unhappy.

Sad that sucks buddy. Some ppl are saying tho that you can still field come the apocalypse, they just need to be deployed 12 inches apart
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed May 21, 2014 10:59 am

Rhaevyn wrote:... i'm unhappy.

Isn't that your default?  Razz 

They are supposed to be updating the FW legion of the dammed rules for chaos+AM love. Don't know how true that is though.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed May 21, 2014 11:00 am

The next Imperial armor is supposed to be a combo book for all LatD and chaos stuff! should cover everything you need.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed May 21, 2014 11:07 am

I'll just end up playing counts-as loyalists and battle-brothering it up.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed May 21, 2014 12:28 pm

the chart is certainly less friendly, but some options are still odd.

tau, the dirty sock on the door knob of 6th;
BB with themselves, allies of convenience with eldar (good), and....necrons? a little odd, but whatever. desperate with imperial, traitor marines, dark eldar, and orks.

orks
allies of convenience with traitor marines, desperate with demons, all eldar, necrons, and tau.

necrons
allies of convenience with traitor marines and tau (again, odd on both of these?), desperate with orks.

eldar
BB with dark eldar, allies of convenience with imperial and tau, desperate with orks

Dark Eldar
bb with eldar, desperate with imperial, demons, traitor guard, orks, and tau

traitor marines
bb with demons, allies of convenience with necrons and orks, desperate with dark eldar and tau

demons
dd with traitor marines, desperate with DE, and orks

imperial
bb with itself, allies of convenience with eldar, desperate with DE and tau.

overall, i like this chart, as it holds closer to what the BL novels say these races view eachother as.  though the necrons have some odd friendliness on the chart.  i'm guessing this is supposed to reflect the self-exiled silent king taking over necron forces for certain battles.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Wed May 21, 2014 12:37 pm

I'm not well versed on the fluff with DE and Eldar. Just seems really wrong to me that these 2 armies would be battle brothers...

now, I'm going off the D&D aspect of Dark Elves and Elves being eternal enemies, but I get that is a totally different system, but still, the similarities are present. Maybe I need this explained to me better.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed May 21, 2014 12:38 pm

I was going to say Tau and Necrons got along great until the Necrons turned around after a battle and proceeded to turn a bunch of them to ash. I forget what other faction they were fighting at the time, but it most certainly didn't end well for the Tau. I'd think after something like that you wouldn't be friends anymore?

Although AoC is way less game breaking for Tau/Eldar. No more psychic buffs basically ruins their synergy (or me putting an O'Mortal in a unit a wraithguard). And the whole BB with themselves isn't nearly as good as everyone makes it out. All you end up using it for is to get 1-2 wargear options into the other book. None of which is earth shattering.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed May 21, 2014 12:41 pm

Matthew G wrote:I'm not well versed on the fluff with DE and Eldar. Just seems really wrong to me that these 2 armies would be battle brothers...

now, I'm going off the D&D aspect of Dark Elves and Elves being eternal enemies, but I get that is a totally different system, but still, the similarities are present. Maybe I need this explained to me better.

Well the big thing with DE and Eldar is that there are a number of factions or smaller craftworlds that didn't split evenly between the two. The big example are corsair fleets. So since their is cross-over GW allows it. Really the only thing that makes it lame is the Baron getting fortune. Although anything getting fortune is pretty nasty. Just when it is a 2+ invulnerable tends to make it worse.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed May 21, 2014 12:44 pm

From what I understand with the Space Elves, they orgy'd so hard they came a ruinous power. Half of them got spooked by this and went into rehab (Eldar), while the other half were simply cool with having bad trips (Dark Eldar). In the end, Space Elves be Space Elves, and they'd rather pair up with their coke fiend cousin than any of the lesser races.

At least, that's my vague understanding on the subject.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed May 21, 2014 12:58 pm

Fluff king is here, never fear!!!

Crons and tau: Makes a lot of sense really. Tau have no warp presence (soul?), same as the crons. Newer fluff talks about Necron dynasties taking tribute from lesser races: they want to rule everyone, not just mash em up. Tau want better tech, crons are tech masters! Two similar races on opposite ends of the age spectrum.

Tau and Dark eldar- the tau dont understand much about the eldar race, or even that its so factional, so they have accepted help in the past from Urien rakarth (king haemonculus) to fight the Tyranids. Rakarth screwed them over, now they generally dont trust any eldar, not really realizing how not-unified the eldar are. Tho eldar are all dicks anyway, so one shouldnt trust em

Dark eldar and eldar: The Eldar partied too hard, and birthed slaanesh. The dark eldar are the remnants of this society that survived the fall because they were partying in their webway palaces when Slaanesh's birthscream destroyed their race. They dont use spiritstones to protect their souls like the craftworlders (as any eldar soul released into the warp gets eaten by slaanesh) so the DE use pain and torture to keep their souls in their bodies. The pull of slaanesh isnt so bad in the webway, but in realspace they need to constantly feed on souls (through pain) to keep their own in their bodies. Dying is permanent for them.

The craftworld eldar were ascetics and conservative eldar that had fled the crown world systems (now the eye of terror) before the fall, and were far enough away, physically, to survive the fall in the craftworlds. They use the infinity circuit ( a superwraithbone computer/gestalt conciousness) to keep all eldar souls outta slaanesh's paws.

The exodites had left eldar civilization far before the craftworld eldar had, think mormons or hutterites, and were so disconected with the eldar gestalt, they also survives.

The Corsairs are eldar that have either left the path of the craftworld, because it was too constrictive, left cammoragh because it was too rapey, or left the exodite worlds because it wasnt rapey enough.

The eldar are not a black and white race at all, hence why all these factions will sometimes join up, to continue the eldar race or to get back its old glory (they did once control everything everywhere).
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Wed May 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Paz wrote:The Corsairs are eldar that have either left the path of the craftworld, because it was too constrictive, left cammoragh because it was too rapey, or left the exodite worlds because it wasnt rapey enough.

LMAO

Thanks for the information Paz!
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed May 21, 2014 3:13 pm

So now there's a quick reference chart for psychic disciplines across the different armies, with disciplines as follows: Biomancy, Divination, Pyromancy, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Malefic, Sanctic, Force.

What is this new Force discipline, that only Daemons and Nids seem to not have access too?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed May 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Force seem to be the force weapon rules. I believe all will have it.

Bidyk: I see either CSM/Renegades or GK/AM counts as.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed May 21, 2014 4:09 pm

7th rumours - Page 3 Psychic_chart_by_planes-d7j7wtg

Daemons don't get Force, wether that's in reference to force weapons or a new discipline. Orks do, though.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next