Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7th rumours

+9
Spamus Eatus
GingerBalls
Planes
Lore Weaver
Rhaevyn
dusktiger
judchic
Roland
System Commander
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

7th rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: 7th rumours

Post  Aegwymourn Tue May 13, 2014 8:08 am

Well right now the AM psykers cannot possess into a greater demon. From what I can make out on the sheet is that it takes 3 warp charges to manifest that power.

But under the new "sharing warp charge" rumors we've been getting it might change.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 am

Jink is a 4+, however it is no longer always on. You must declare a jink to claim it, and if you do so, it's snapshots only in the next phase.

Anni-barges buffed again! Now they'll always have a 4+ cover save and move 12"
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue May 13, 2014 8:35 am

System Commander wrote:Thats very similar to how the fantasy magic pahse works. Great, more rules from a game that's declining. Nothing against fantasy, but why would you take cadillac game that'sdoing wel, and introduce rules from a game that's in decline? Challenges was the first step.. now this.

I dunno. I have just started to wet my fingers with Fantasy, and I am actually liking how it plays out. It actually intrigues me that they are adopting a version of the magic phase. As it stands, it will be welcome to be able to try and deny the witch those annoying self buff powers that armies like to do to themselves. Only being able to deny right now if your unit is targeted makes for a very one-sided position, and then you have to roll a 6... Sure, sometimes you can get lucky (4 in a row right mark... Wink ) but usually unless you are a psyker yourself, its rare when you can dispel something that's targeting you.

I also like how they are getting rid of the difficult terrain, and blending the run into regular movement. Lets face it, it's just easier to do run moves in the movement phase, and some people already do.

I am very interested in seeing the bulk of the rules once they come out, as rumors are vague and very open to different interpretations. I do think that 6e made some errors, but is 7e the answer people have been looking for? Guess we'll find out.

Last edited by Matthew G on Tue May 13, 2014 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue May 13, 2014 8:38 am

Aegwymourn wrote:Well right now the AM psykers cannot possess into a greater demon. From what I can make out on the sheet is that it takes 3 warp charges to manifest that power.

But under the new "sharing warp charge" rumors we've been getting it might change.

Fret not Tom, apparently there are two tree's, Malefic (sp?) and Santific (sp?).  I read that somewhere on Faeit212.  It's possible that they split it into "good guy" and "bad guy" summoning.

The tree Ben posted looks amazing.  All those powers look good.  Depends on how the psychic phase and deny the witch rolls work though!

EDIT==========
Random Guy on Faeit212 wrote:It's confirmed that there will be malefic and sanctic trees. I also wouldn't be surprised if most armies were limited to one or the other ('evil' factions get malefic, 'good' factions get sanctic)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue May 13, 2014 10:55 am

well the big thing is in the leaked Battle report Ezekiel turns himself into a Bloodthirster.

And it follows logically with the whole "it is your sandbox" theme to just let people do whatever.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue May 13, 2014 11:16 am

Aegwymourn wrote:well the big thing is in the leaked Battle report Ezekiel turns himself into a Bloodthirster.

And it follows logically with the whole "it is your sandbox" theme to just let people do whatever.

True, although that might be one of the Peril's results???? I dunno. Wait and see how they do it, I guess???
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Tue May 13, 2014 11:28 am

"I DO THIS FOR THE EMPEROR!" Turns into bloodthirster...
Hero of the imperium transforms into that which they fight which he has no control over once he summons...
This can't possibly end badly.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue May 13, 2014 11:48 am

Well, if nothing else, this would make me more prone to taking non-Typhus sorcerers in my CSM lists. I'd call this general good news for Chaos, kinda silly for most other factions with psykers, though I suppose it might help with things like traitor guard. Still our choice of wether or not we use it.

I kinda hope the other disciplines didn't get changed too dramatically. I had *just* made custom cards for three of the core disciplines.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue May 13, 2014 1:07 pm

New Video

Unbound armies not being able to contest end-of-turn objective scoring, while not being able to score contested ones... that could make them nigh unplayable.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue May 13, 2014 1:22 pm

I dunno. I'm still somewhat with Mike. If you table your opponent scoring becomes much less of an issue.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue May 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Sounds like we're going to be doing a lot of play testing in a few weeks.

And remember, we have a growing collection of missions on the back wall of the Den as well.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed May 14, 2014 10:24 am

Looks like the bloothirster thing is from a spell called Posession.
you cast the spell, you need three 4+ successes, and you get to sacrifice your sorcerer and replace them with a greater daemon of your choice. it doesn't specifically say it, but i get the impression that the psyker casting this spell is sacrificed wether or not you are successfull in casting the spell. Which make this a fairly dangerous proposition. maximum 6 dice. 50/50 chance of success. Perils of the Warp if you roll double 6's on any of the 6 dice....
Now. casting it with Wyrdvane Pskers or pink Horrors...on the other hand. I'de roll that shit every turn. "Bob... You drew the small straw..."

Psychic rolls seem to need a certain number of 4+ successes on however many Dice you choose to put into the power. denying the which is a factor of throwing a certain number of dice against the spell, and getting a 6 or multiple 6's?

also Primaris spells are treated Differently. now you only get the primaris spell if you choose all of your spells from the same disipline. and Summoning is the primaris of Daemonology.

I'm not sure GW has really considered just how good summoning packs of Plaguebearers or Pink horrors is. Casting summoning a Single time will immediatly validate any points you paid for your psyker(s). Even if you only get a minimum sized unit. you have just increased your armies points by XX and added a durable scoring choice.. If i wasn't already considering 3x primaris Psykers in every game before...

also. the idea of summoning Pink horrors who get a selection from Daemonology and then start summoning More pink horrors, who summon More pink........... a single unit of pink horrors successfully replicating itself over the course of 5 turns would give you 32!... units of pink horrors by turn 5. (best case scenario. no perils, no denys)

White Dwarf pics.

http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.ca/2014/05/ultima-horamas-obre-los-poderes.html?spref=fb

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed May 14, 2014 10:54 am

except that now, like fantasy, you can "dispel' your enemy's power, from anywhere on the battlefield. The more psykers you have, the better, and that challenges the summoner to risk even more warp charges. If your pool of warp charges goes out on just trying to summon a small squad of horrors... yeah go for it.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed May 14, 2014 11:54 am

Another thing I saw today, vehicle damage chart

1-3: Shaken
4: Stunned
5: Weapon Destroyed
6: Immobilized
7: Destroyed
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Wed May 14, 2014 12:15 pm

This, I like.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed May 14, 2014 12:21 pm

So, a random pen from a weapon with a non-notable AP can no longer cause a tank to explode, AP 2 goes down to a 1/6 chance to make a tank blow up, and AP 1 goes down to a 1/3 chance. Glancing death remains generally unchanged, though.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed May 14, 2014 1:19 pm

much better.

the more I hear about 7th, the more psyched I get. And our rulebook is divided into three parts so no more carrying a massive piece of junk around!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed May 14, 2014 3:06 pm

Just did a bit more looking through that first video.

So, all units are now scoring, and Troops in Battleforged lists get Objective Secured. Dedicated Transports count as being the same battlefield role as the unit they were bought for in all respects outside of slots occupied when building your list.

A Rhino or Razorback bought by a squad of Tactical Marines can score, and is able to contest. A Ghost Ark can now score and contest. Waves Serpents bought for Eldar troops can now score and contest ( /barf ).
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Wed May 14, 2014 3:35 pm

That'll make the target on your fast movers bigger.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed May 14, 2014 3:39 pm

Planes wrote: Waves Serpents bought for Eldar troops can now score and contest ( /barf ).

If the Jink rumor is true Wave Serpents won't be an issue anymore really. They'll still be really good, but not un-killable just by moving 6".
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed May 14, 2014 4:12 pm

rumour that snapshots are just BS-2, not always BS1.  

which is a fairly significant change. especially for  say.. tau, who can use marker lights to add to thier BS. or some characters who have abnormally high BS to start with.

and since shooting at flyers is with snapshots. the survivability of flyers in general takes a hit here. space marines and eldar are hitting them on a 5+....
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed May 14, 2014 4:14 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:rumour that snapshots are just BS-2, not always BS1.  

which is a fairly significant change. especially for  say.. tau, who can use marker lights to add to thier BS. or some characters who have abnormally high BS to start with.

Although really it needed to be addressed for everyone. Even marines hit twice as often with that change. Especially if the rumor for 1 grounding test per phase is true.

Have I mentioned how I hate the rules for FMC lately?  Mad 
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed May 14, 2014 4:59 pm

I just realized, with the whole addition of the mag-er, psychic phase, this conveniently purges any potential issue with psykers entering from reserve with/without warp charge, or being able to be targeted by other friendly psykers, et cetera.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed May 14, 2014 6:22 pm

thumbs up.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu May 15, 2014 8:32 am

From Natfka:
Something else is that they mention that charging through difficult terrain is -2" not moving through difficult terrain.

====

Mathmatically similar, but with a lower standard deviation, average was, and still is 5". 21 results that are 5 or less, 15 results that are 6" or more.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next