Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7th rumours

+9
Spamus Eatus
GingerBalls
Planes
Lore Weaver
Rhaevyn
dusktiger
judchic
Roland
System Commander
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

7th rumours Empty 7th rumours

Post  System Commander Sun May 11, 2014 11:08 am

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/05/40k-7th-rumor-tidalwave.html?m=1

More rumours popping up. As everyones been saying.. a few of these completly alter the play style of the game.

Consolodate into combat again.
Fail a psychic power and you can no longer use it.
Vehicles more resilient.

Interesting indeed...

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

7th rumours Empty Re: 7th rumours

Post  Roland Sun May 11, 2014 11:24 am

A nerfed damage chart will not do anything for vehicle resilientsy. Vehicles are glanced to death more often than not.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Sun May 11, 2014 11:43 am

hullpoints need to be almost doubled on most vehicles. when an average round of shooting can kill any tank its hard to say its got enough lol...
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun May 11, 2014 11:55 am

I'd rather see vehicles get a 3+/6++ save or the like.

Why does a plane than moves 18" get hit on a 6+, and fast skimmer that moved 30" is hit on a 3+ (and can be PUNCHED on a 3+? Note that nearly ANY vehicle can move 18" in q turn...

Pintle mounted weapons should get overwatch.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sun May 11, 2014 12:54 pm

i find that set of rumors from dakka bullshit.  mainly cause of that last bit about how they're gonna do what we want and have the BRB divided into 3 books; a picture book, a fluff book, and a rule book.  that just seems far too unlikely that they'd do this off the bat.  maybe eventually, like months down the line, have a rules-only book. but one release day?  i think this is some sort of wishlist with some stuff pulled out of their ass that they knew of 4th edition to make it seem legit.

and i agree with beau; an altered vehicle damage chart wont do shit unless they're doing something to adress vehicles being glance-killed
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun May 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Its all rumours.. who knows.

I will say though... with cover saves so easy to grab in this edition.. ive found vehicles extremely resilient in this edition. That being said .. i ve still always disliked the chance of a vehicle being blown away in one shot.

Im not sure what they could do to the current existing chart to make them more resilient.. unless like you tweak glancing.. say 50% chanve to remove a hp on a glance. But.. thats not tweaking the damage chart.

Their rhino sales must have tanked. A 35 point model for $50! Goldmine. However, shitty ass rules will tank that fast. Has anyone bought a rhino in the last year?

I like the psychic rumour.. i like the consolidate one as well but even back in forth was easy to guard against.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sun May 11, 2014 3:15 pm

just need to consolidate vehicles into MC's with T values, wounds, and saves.

and remove re-rolls from the game =) all re-rolls. every single one. even twin linked stuff, just add one to BS or something. but ones... always fail.
Roll your dice. live with it, have a good game.

boom.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun May 11, 2014 3:47 pm

Fail a psychic power and you can no longer use it.

Yikes!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun May 11, 2014 5:18 pm

I'm liking the looks of this.

1. 4ed consolidate in to combat is in
2. If you fail to cast a power you can't cast it the rest of the game
3. Every unit including vehicles will now score
4. Unbound armies may not contest objectives
5. Lords of war are in
6. Escalation and stronghold remain as they are now
7. Vehicles will be harder to kill the chart changes once more.
8. The book will come out in 3 options Art like warhammer visions, Fluff book, and one that only contains rules and that one is about as think as the current SM book.
9.difficult terrain is just -2 inches
10. Wound allocation has changed a bit.not super clear as to how.
11. D-weapons toned down but he was unclear as what that meant so from the sounds of it they will still be super ugly. --

===

If unbound can't contest... then they're not in anyway competitive at all.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sun May 11, 2014 10:14 pm

don't have to contest things when the enemy is all dead.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon May 12, 2014 8:25 am

dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon May 12, 2014 8:38 am

Wow, right from the horses mouth.

Re-roll warlord trait, seems interesting.... now if it were pick, that'd be better!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon May 12, 2014 9:12 am

he makes it sound so entirely feesable and realistic.

maybe the sky isn't falling.

or maybe hes the guy on the news telling you that everything is going to be ok...just before you look out your window and you notice that the asteroid headed toward the earth is now bigger than the moon...
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon May 12, 2014 10:02 am

Did anyone else catch that line of text in there on the first FoC page they showed with the Restriction header? "All units in the primary detachment must be from the same Faction (or have no Faction)".

So already we have Belakor, who can go with anything Chaos. Then we have Cypher, who can go with anything wearing power armour, just about. That line seems to imply we'll be getting either more along that line or straight up merc style units.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Mon May 12, 2014 10:08 am

Planes wrote:Did anyone else catch that line of text in there on the first FoC page they showed with the Restriction header?  "All units in the primary detachment must be from the same Faction (or have no Faction)".

So already we have Belakor, who can go with anything Chaos.  Then we have Cypher, who can go with anything wearing power armour, just about.  That line seems to imply we'll be getting either more along that line or straight up merc style units.

ROGUE TRADERRRSSSSZS!!1!!!
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon May 12, 2014 10:13 am

I may yet be able to properly field R. Money in the near future, it seems.  Twisted Evil 
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon May 12, 2014 12:41 pm

What's next, if some random person has Squats are they allowed to take 'em?

I will crush you with my Dwarves on Tricycles.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon May 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Looks like "Both players must use the same method" so... no unbound vs battle-hardened?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon May 12, 2014 12:51 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:Looks like "Both players must use the same method" so... no unbound vs battle-hardened?

1:41 in the video, as it continues to scroll to the right. "Both players need not use", very british grammar.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon May 12, 2014 1:04 pm

Good Catch!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Mon May 12, 2014 4:30 pm

https://i.imgur.com/axEAxRG.jpg?1

Possible writeup of the "Daemonology" psychic discipline. I'm a bit less concerned about too many shenanigans, as the powers that allow summoning are Warp Charge 3. So very very few psykers can pull that feat off.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon May 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Oooo... i like those powers.. a lot.

I dont know if i like the idea that imperials or eldar might have it available to them though.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon May 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Really, to be honest I like none of this demonology stuff.

I can almost deal with the fact that redoing a whole ruleset within two years is mostly a cash grab, or admitting that you seriously screwed up somewhere. But now lets make it so one of the most horribly silly ideas throughout the fluff (summoning demons, because nothing ever goes bad there) more commonplace? I could see if they had added it to either of the chaos codecii. That would make sense. But if everyone gets access to it, that is such a ridiculous cash grab it isn't even funny.

Compounding this fact is the number 1 psychic power. As if the whole gaming community hasn't been dealing with the pink/screamer-star lets go ahead and make it even easier for demons to get crazy invulnerable saves. Great idea! >.>

Ugh. I really wanted 7th to be an edition that fixes a lot of the broken stuff. But it would appear that they are instead "doubling down" on the whole "lets just have people do what they want mentality".
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon May 12, 2014 10:26 pm

quote from a blog i found today:
I spoke with my FLGS guy who talked to the GW rep this morning. Not all of my questions were answered, but here is what I heard that is not something already all over the internet. This assumes the GW rep had his facts straight, and the FLGS guy relayed them correctly via the game of telephone.

UPDATE:

Mission Cards

You pull three cards from the deck as does your opponent. If you accomplish the objective on the card, you draw another. You always have three cards in hand.

Battle Brothers

Eldar/DE
Chaos/Daemons
All Imperium

All others were convenience, desperate or apocalypse.

No answer as to whether you can join units of battle brothers.

Psychic Phase

Roll a D6 and add the total mastery levels of all your psykers. You get that many power dice and your opponent gets that many DTW dice.

To cast a power, you need to roll a 4+ for every warp charge of the power you're using. So warp charge 2 = two 4+, meaning you'd need 4 power dice to have an average shot.

Your opponent dispels the power with a roll of a 6 on their dice. So the more dice they have, the more shots they get at rolling that 6 to cancel out that critical power. I was told that the mastery level of the psyker dispelling the power lowers the roll needed to dispel it. So a ML2 psyker dispels on a 5+, ML3 on a 4+. etc...

That is what I was told.

That seems wrong to me because Fateweaver, Eldrad and Ahriman could dispel anything on a 3+. More likely, I would think you compare mastery levels between the casting psyker and the dispelling psyker, and apply a bonus that way. This is conjecture. What I wrote above is what I was told.

What I also don't know is if there is a dice limit a psyker can use to cast or dispel a power based on their mastery level. I also don't know if you need two 6's to dispel a ML2 power. I assume you do.

You would figure Adamantium Will would give you +1 to DTW for powers cast at a unit with that rule.

Jink Save

Jink is a 4+, however it is no longer always on. You must declare a jink to claim it, and if you do so, it's snapshots only in the next phase.

Sweeping Advance

Unchanged. You do not consolidate into a new combat.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon May 12, 2014 11:33 pm

Thats very similar to how the fantasy magic pahse works. Great, more rules from a game that's declining. Nothing against fantasy, but why would you take cadillac game that'sdoing wel, and introduce rules from a game that's in decline? Challenges was the first step.. now this.

That being said.. i heard there were two sides to the daemonlogy table. Thelink shows the malefic side.. there is also a sanctic side. What that means, I dont know. I thinks its a lame a librarian can turn into bloodthirster. I will also think its super mega ultra lame if an imperial psyker can turninto a bloodthirster. Oh boy.. three chances at dirt cheap dudes to summon a thirster. I dont think it will happen like that though.. there must be some restriction of some sort. It will have to be easier for a sorceror or herald to turn into one.. has to.. right?

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next