Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 12th "The Destroyers" Tournament. 9:30 AM -- Dragons Den -- *digital signup available* **6 Spots Left**

+11
Aegwymourn
System Commander
da bear
Spamus Eatus
Paz
dusktiger
GingerBalls
superdeuxlol
Planes
Matthew G
Lore Weaver
15 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

April 12th "The Destroyers" Tournament.  9:30 AM -- Dragons Den -- *digital signup available* **6 Spots Left** Empty April 12th "The Destroyers" Tournament. 9:30 AM -- Dragons Den -- *digital signup available* **6 Spots Left**

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:07 pm

Hello Everyone,

We're officially kicking this off!

Signups are available at the Dragons Den, $15/person.
Pre-Registration available here: http://bit.ly/NqQfIL
Penalty for paying on the day of the event is $5.

Event Details ====

1850 points | Rules for your list

• Must follow a released Codex (can be altered by a supplement)
  • May include a Second and Third Source (Allies, Detachment, Formation, etc... if you have any questions, please ask.  I'll post an example list)
  • May include a single selection in the Lord of War slot (from Escalation or Forgeworld's approved list)
  • All D-Weapons are treated as S10, AP1, Armourbane, Fleshbane, Instant Death
  • Stomp Attacks that remove models from play instead deal a  S10, AP1, Armourbane, Fleshbane, Instant Death hit.
  • A Fortification from the base rule book or from the Stronghold book
  • May Include Forgeworld Units

When writing your list

• Select your Warlord Trait from any available list
  • If your opponent has a Lord of War and you do not, you may roll for an *additional* warlord trait from the Escalation Book at the beginning of the game.  You also get +1 on your attempt to seize the initiative.
  • Players Score +1VP for each 3HP or 3Wounds dealt to a Lord of War (Dingus!)
  • Select your Army's Objective for the day! (select one of the following for your list.  If you achieve it, you get 3VPs)

• Kill Points | If you score more killpoints than your opponent during the game, you score 3VPs
    • Secure the Battlefield | Table Quarters, if you have units in 3/4 table quarters at the end of the game, you get 3VPs, a unit can only be in one table quarter
    • Cripple | If you Slay the enemies highest point unit, you score 3VPs

The Additional Warlord Trait Table when fighting against a LoW
Additional "My opponent has a LoW but I don't" Warlord Trait Table
(Roll at the begining of the match with your LoW (Dingus) toting opponent)
1-Maximise Horsepower
Your Warlord and his Unit count their guns as twin-linked when shooting at Dingus.
2-Super-Heavy Horsepower
Your Warlord has PE(Dingus)
3-Slayer of Horsepower
Close Combat Attacks by your Warlord against Dingus have Armourbane & Fleshbane.
4-Uncanny Horsepower
Stomp & Thunderblitz attacks suffer -1 to their result roll against your Warlord.  D weapons are -1S without instant Death
5-Kill Horsepower
While your warlord is alive, no one deepstriking from reserve within 6" of dingus will scatter.
6-Perfect Horsepower
Your Warlord and his unit, once per game, at the start of the shooting phase, if shooting at Dingus, get Rending and AP1 for their shooting attacks.

Schedule
9:30 Start, Register, Get Tables Ready
9:45 - 12:15 | Round 1
12:45-3:15 | Round 2
3:15-5:45 | Round 3
5:45 ||  Prize Distribution!

There are *no mysterious objectvives or terrain*
First Blood Can not be awarded by a dedicated transport.

Round 1 Mission
Vanguard Strike Deployment | Crusade | Slay the Warlord, First Blood, Line Breaker

Round 2 Mission
Hammer and Anvil Deployment | Big Guns Never Tire | Slay the Warlord, First Blood, Line Breaker

Round 3 Mission
Dawn of War | The Relic | Slay the Warlord, First Blood, Line Breaker

Winner gets 15 points, Tie gets 7 points, Loss gets 5 points

Prizes ==== (Ties broken by Paint & Sportsmanship scores)
1st Place (Highest Battle Score)
2nd Place (2nd Highest Battle Score)
3rd Place (3rd Highest Battle Score)
Best Painted  (Scored out of 20 -- Judged by me)
Best Sportsmanship (Scored by your opponents out of 5)
Raffle Draw Winner:  Enter to win a Battle-Field-in-a-Box Ruined Fountain!  3 Tickets for $1, 20 for $5.  Bring Cash to support your humble TO!
Random Door Prize:  To be announced day-of.

Maximum 16 Entries!  Signup at the Den Early to secure your spot!  Should be plenty of fun!

Any Questions?

***EDIT  PM or Email me (Mark.Horseman@usask.ca) Your list before hand***

Last edited by Lore Weaver on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:23 am; edited 10 times in total
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

April 12th "The Destroyers" Tournament.  9:30 AM -- Dragons Den -- *digital signup available* **6 Spots Left** Empty Re: April 12th "The Destroyers" Tournament. 9:30 AM -- Dragons Den -- *digital signup available* **6 Spots Left**

Post  Matthew G Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:52 pm

Im a noob... But where do the imperial knights fall under here, or are they not allowed? (Im not taking one, just getting a feel of what's expected)...
Does anyone have "lords of war" that they are planning to blow all their points on?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

April 12th "The Destroyers" Tournament.  9:30 AM -- Dragons Den -- *digital signup available* **6 Spots Left** Empty Re: April 12th "The Destroyers" Tournament. 9:30 AM -- Dragons Den -- *digital signup available* **6 Spots Left**

Post  Planes Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:57 pm

Imperial Knights use their own FoC, provided in their Codex, and do not take up a Lord of War slot.

I might be tempted to take a Transcendent C'Tan.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:31 pm

I'm really tempted to play a stompa with that Forge world mek boss.
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:32 pm

People have Baneblades and such.

Here's a pro-tip though... you may be coughing up much needed points should your opponent not take one! I'll post a reminder of the bonus warlord traits later (if you don't have a Lord of War, but your opponent does, you get a free trait).

Also, you get a VP for each 3 HP/Wounds taken by the Lord of War.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:40 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:People have Baneblades and such.

Here's a pro-tip though... you may be coughing up much needed points should your opponent not take one!  I'll post a reminder of the bonus warlord traits later (if you don't have a Lord of War, but your opponent does, you get a free trait).

Also, you get a VP for each 3 HP/Wounds taken by the Lord of War.

But they are super resilient are they not? I mean, I couldn't drop a unit of melta peeps behind one and nuke it with 6 melta guns could I?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:54 pm

superdeuxlol wrote:I'm really tempted to play a stompa with that Forge world mek boss.

I would love to blow that up.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Matthew G wrote:
But they are super resilient are they not? I mean, I couldn't drop a unit of melta peeps behind one and nuke it with 6 melta guns could I?

You totally could. Infact, that'd be likely.

They're armoured like most vehicles, they take a HP for each Glancing or Penetrating hit. If they suffer an "Explodes" result, they take an additional D3 Hullpoints instead of dying. When they blow up, they use the super large apoc blast template, with S D in the middle (modified as per above for this event) and lesser as you radiate out further.

If you had 6 melta guns, 4 hits, 3 pens, you'd likely not kill it just yet, but could well do!

Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:
Matthew G wrote:

You totally could.  Infact, that'd be likely.

They're armoured like most vehicles, they take a HP for each Glancing or Penetrating hit.  If they suffer an "Explodes" result, they take an additional D3 Hullpoints instead of dying.  When they blow up, they use the super large apoc blast template, with S D in the middle (modified as per above for this event) and lesser as you radiate out further.

If you had 6 melta guns, 4 hits, 3 pens, you'd likely not kill it just yet, but could well do!

They ignore AP 1/2 weapons for the +1/+2 on the pen chart?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:36 pm

I will be bringing a mega blast template with me to the event to cover the eventuality that one of those buggers pops.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:39 pm

GingerBalls wrote:
superdeuxlol wrote:I'm really tempted to play a stompa with that Forge world mek boss.

I would love to blow that up.

You would have to make it into my bracket first =)
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:49 pm

Matthew G wrote:They ignore AP 1/2 weapons for the +1/+2 on the pen chart?

I'd have to double check, but I don't think so. The only thing they ignore are scarabs dropping their AV. (They're still susceptible to lances even)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:54 am

*digital signups available*
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:39 am

hey mark, it's a 30k model, but since its something most marine players have been asking for for years like the knight titans, would you allow people to field a Fellblade as their Lord of War? it doesn't come with any D weapon options, just alot of Ordnance-type guns.  for reference, this is what one would have:

Fellblade
525pts
BS 3
FA 14
SA 13
RA 12
HP 12

Guns:
Turret mounted, Twin Linked, Fellblade Accelerator Cannon
2 Sponson-mounted Quad Lascannons
1 Hull Mounted, Twin-linked, Heavy Bolter
1 Hull mounted Demolisher Cannon

ignoring all 30k exclusive wargear options, it would also have the following options:
replace the Quad Lascannons for Laser Destroyers - FREE
replace the Heavy Bolter for a Heavy Flamer - FREE
upgrade BS 3 to BS 4 - +15 Points

Weapon Stats:
Fellblade Accelerator Cannon (2 firing modes)
HE SHELLS - Range 100"; Str 8; AP 3; Ordnance 1, 7" Blast, Primary Weapon
AP SHELLS - Range 100"; Str 9; AP 2; Heavy 1, Armourbane, 3" Blast, Primary Weapon
Quad Lascannon
range 48"; Str 9; AP 2; Heavy 2, Twin-linked
Laser Destroyer
Range 36"; Str 9; AP 1; Ordnance 1, Twin-linked
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Is it in Forgeworlds list of "Approved for Escalation" things?

(I'll edit in the list when I find it)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Lords of war-FW

No 30k listed sadly Mike.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:46 pm

Sorry Mike, no 30k this time around! I have to check all the lists, the formations & dataslates are tough enough as it is.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:52 pm

Your'e supposed to know all the rules, Mark. GOSH!
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:56 pm

So.... uhh... how do you like the digital signup form?

It's hilarious and all, but I'm not married to it.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:53 pm

I see no prob with the Fellblade. It's allowed as a LoW model according to IA:Vol2 2nd ed. for a 40k marine list. It's basically a fancy Baneblade. If anything the main gun is a bit less scary than the BB's gun in a way.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Spamus Eatus wrote:I see no prob with the Fellblade.  It's allowed as a LoW model according to IA:Vol2 2nd ed. for a 40k marine list.  It's basically a fancy Baneblade.  If anything the main gun is a bit less scary than the BB's gun in a way.

I see it there, feel free Mike. (edit: take note, if it dies, you're coughing up 4 VPs!)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:
Spamus Eatus wrote:I see no prob with the Fellblade.  It's allowed as a LoW model according to IA:Vol2 2nd ed. for a 40k marine list.  It's basically a fancy Baneblade.  If anything the main gun is a bit less scary than the BB's gun in a way.

I see it there, feel free Mike.  (edit:  take note, if it dies, you're coughing up 4 VPs!)

I may have to add 3 more sternguard with c-meltas... GO GO 9 C-melta squad of DOOOOOOOM.... Im bound to break it right? (If I can join, still working that detail out).
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:55 pm

Filling up fast! Signup Early or be left out O_O
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:45 pm

For the purposes of clarification, an army that takes a Lord of War and a Stronghold fortification is at the 3 source cap, yes?

Also, do we have an agreed upon size for shield generators yet? So far I've been hearing that they should be scaled similarly to a vengeance weapons battery.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Planes wrote:For the purposes of clarification, an army that takes a Lord of War and a Stronghold fortification is at the 3 source cap, yes?

Also, do we have an agreed upon size for shield generators yet?  So far I've been hearing that they should be scaled similarly to a vengeance weapons battery.

Lord of War (Escalation) and Stronghold Fort are both sources, so combined with a single army is your 3 source limit. No allies or detachments for you!

Also, this picture: https://i.imgur.com/x6s8pIQ.jpg
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum