Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crimson Slaughter, First Thoughts

2 posters

Go down

Crimson Slaughter, First Thoughts Empty Crimson Slaughter, First Thoughts

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:44 pm

So, I got one round in with CS allies.

My list.

Ahriman
20 dudes
2x10 cultists
Heldrake
2xForgefiend
3xOblits

Allied CS
Sorcerer w\ Div jigger and 2+ & IWND
5xPosessed

==

Ahriman got two infiltrators, he brought himself up with the 20 dudes. The Posessed took the other side.

The CS Sorcerer joined the Oblits.

For Powers, the CS Sorcerer got Prescience, Perfect Timing, and Precognition.

So ya. Standing with a group of oblits, that stuff's pretty good.

I was against Dallas's Dark Eldar Eldar combo.

Snagging the first turn, things went sour for Dallas immediately. Getting Perfect Timing and Prescience off on the Oblits, they moved up and opened up on Dallas's 20 Guardian blob squad that had Vect & a Farseer. They blew away 9 Guardians. Both Forgefiends opened up on the same blob, taking out a few more guardians... then poor Vect rolled a "1" against the S8 shooting of the Forgefiends and died.

===

Dallas almost pulled it off from there, but was to turtled in to get any kind of board control. The Posessed kept him in the corner (eventually dying to a Wraithknight).

===

So ya... having some Divination is nuts. completely gonzo nuts. Prescienced Forgefiend completely hosed Dallas's Crimson Hunter...

It was mostly Precognition (2+ re-roll standing in-front of the oblits, although no invul), and Perfect Timing (Ignores Cover Oblits) that punished Dallas. What a mere 165 points does to a CSM force.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Crimson Slaughter, First Thoughts Empty Re: Crimson Slaughter, First Thoughts

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:00 am

divination is ballin. Cuz average rolls and cover saves is overrated yo.

the entire codex seems to me to be about just those two pieces of wargear to me,  don't matter how much you dress up posessed, they are still 26 point MEQs with no guns in dire need of a land raider. a pig with lipstick is still a pig

I can see a fisty-claw nurgle lord /w 2+/4++ in my future.

and your 3x oblit squad /w sorcerer is probably going to be a thing. even just at lv 1 sorc in there for prescience would be win. don't see a lot of point in the 2+. just take wounds on the oblits until the sorc has outlived its usefulness.

I'm still frustrated with not getting an eternal warrior option.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:36 am

Ya, that 30 points can be spent elsewhere. (The 2+, IWND | I was thinking, if I perils, I have a chance to get a wound back, but keeping costs low is cool too)

--

I sortof agree with the Posessed, however, if I'm paying a troop tax, I figured they'd do a lot for me than 10 cultists.  They cost the same as 30 cultists.... Are 30 cultists better than 5 Possessed?  Maybe.  I kindof like the idea of an early game assault threat.  80 more points gets me that threat.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down