Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ordinance

4 posters

Go down

Ordinance Empty Ordinance

Post  Matthew G Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:33 am

At work with no rule book.

What does a weapon with Ordnance 1, Large Blast do?

Can vehicles with ord weapons move and fire? Or is it just barrage that can't move and fire?

Looking at my Vindicator, Fast, Tank. Demolisher Cannon. Str10 AP 2, Ordnance 1, Large Blast, 24" Range.

I'm pretty sure I can move and fire it as ALL THE INTERNETS say I can, but I wasn't using the Ord rules for the tournament where I should have been, but, don't even know what that means lol.

Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Ordinance Empty Re: Ordinance

Post  System Commander Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:56 am

You can move 6" and fire one weapon.

Ordinance lets you roll 2 dice for armpur oenetration and pick the highest.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:07 am

System Commander wrote:You can move 6" and fire one weapon

Even for fast vehicles? The internets say 12" and fire 1 weapon.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:30 am

Ordnance for a vehicle functions just like a regular weapon for vehicles, except it forces all other weapons on the same vehicle to snap shot. So yes, you can move 12" and fire it normally since your vindicator is Fast.

Ordnance also allows you to roll two dice for armor penetration and take the highest (I believe you have to take the highest).

Barrage is a separate rule type and only changes how wounds/cover saves are applied/determined.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:38 am

Aegwymourn wrote:Ordnance for a vehicle functions just like a regular weapon for vehicles, except it forces all other weapons on the same vehicle to snap shot. So yes, you can move 12" and fire it normally since your vindicator is Fast.

Ordnance also allows you to roll two dice for armor penetration and take the highest (I believe you have to take the highest).

Barrage is a separate rule type and only changes how wounds/cover saves are applied/determined.

Ok good. I was worried I was doing it wrong at the Tournament. I don't think I got to hit a vehicle with it even... Maybe toms Triarch (sp?) but he made his saves anyways.

Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:49 am

Oh yeah.. fast vindicators for 12"... its very good. As long as you remind your opponents they are fast vehicles.

I dont face angels very often and always forget they can move 12" and fire. 12" and fire is a very strong threat.. especially if your.playing Toms Draigowing.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:59 am

Meh, that is what Draigo is for  Razz 

edit: and my TAC template. Really everyone should have one for proper unit spacing. Makes it stupid easy.

Really what worries me are multiple threat vectors (especially fliers) with str8+ shooting. Draigo can tank quite a bit, but currently he is the only tank I have for that squad. Although I've been pondering using the FW chapter tactics for the Red Hunters or whatever to Battle Brother in a Shield Eternal Chapter Master for a second tank. Just to dial it to 11 for everyone  Cool .

Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:09 pm

But.. if you can move so Draigo has got at least 25% cover.. you can focus fire on those poor paladins thay dont. Using your own troops (jet packs, fast rhinos) or that slick 12" move makes it pretty easy to do. Getting 1-3 paladins a shot is worth it.

Hmm.. although that has me thinking.. can you still focus fire with a template? I dont remember anything saying you can't.

Planes reminded me of this rule in the playoffs and ive been putting it to good use since.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:16 pm

With Blast/Large Blast templates I don't know if you can. I'd have to re-read the rules for it since you might not have that step/option.

It sounds easy to do, but is much harder to put into practice. Even with 12" of movement. Hasn't happened yet anyways!

Also I find people tend to focus on the Dreadknight the first turn or two anyways. Otherwise it tends to run amok a bit. Jump monstrous creatures will do that though!

There was a really good write-up on 3++ a while ago about focus fire and its applications. If I wasn't lazy I'd go find it and link it.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:44 pm

Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:32 pm

Since Tom brought the article to my attention ive actually found it pretty easy to do. Especially using your own units.

Buuuuuut.. yeah, jumping dreadknight with a sword i assume is a priority target.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:35 pm

Well I generally don't run him with the sword, just the heavy incinerator. Either way he tends to eat a bunch of shooting turns 1/2 and dies. But by that time the Draigo-star is in position. I don't think I've had a game where he lasted past turn 3 or 4 at the latest. Just having a 5+ invulnerable save doesn't cut it with T6 and 4W these days.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:Well I generally don't run him with the sword, just the heavy incinerator. Either way he tends to eat a bunch of shooting turns 1/2 and dies. But by that time the Draigo-star is in position. I don't think I've had a game where he lasted past turn 3 or 4 at the latest. Just having a 5+ invulnerable save doesn't cut it with T6 and 4W these days.

Mephy bait?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Has a 2+ armor save, just tends not to matter much versus shooting. Also has str10/ap2 force weapons in close combat. Tends to mush stuff up good. Just generally doesn't make it there.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:Has a 2+ armor save, just tends not to matter much versus shooting. Also has str10/ap2 force weapons in close combat. Tends to mush stuff up good. Just generally doesn't make it there.

Nope, Not Mephy bait. lol

Hmmm, Don't know if I could beat a Draigo Wing with my angels as they are
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum