Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iyanden 1750 - Good?

2 posters

Go down

Iyanden 1750 - Good? Empty Iyanden 1750 - Good?

Post  Aegwymourn Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:54 pm

So I've been toying with the idea of just running an Iyanden themed 40k list. I've intentionally not taken anything other than ghost duders and a farseer/spiritseers. I could probably tighten it up by taking some jetbikes for mobile scoring contesting and whatnot, but I think I like it. Doubt I'll have the cash anytime soon to test it though.

Farseer - Eldar jetbike = 115 ( was originally going to have the mantle, alas lack of points forced me to ditch it. He'll be spending a lot of the game hiding behind wave serpents for cover)

Spiritseer - Wraithforge Stone = 100

Spiritseer =70

5 Wraithguard =160 - with Wave serpent w/ T-L scatter laser = 120

5 Wraithguard - D-Scythes = 210 - with Wave Serpent w/ T-L scatter laser = 120

9 Wrathblades = 288

Wraithlord - 2x bright lance, 2x flamer = 160

Wraithlord - 2x bright lance, 2x flamer = 160

Wraithknight = 240 (probably the warlord and rolling on Iyanden's Warlord trait table)

Should Total - 1743

Gives me two fairly quick and hard hitting troops. Another large blob of troops to advance and smack anything that isn't ridiculous in close combat. I have two tough anti-tank monstrous creatures that can lay the hurt on most things (the flamers are there for stuff running up to them to tarpit). The wraithknight runs around doing what they do. With the wraithforge stone and a couple of rolls on battle I might be able to regen a decent number of wounds throughout the game. I don't really want to farseer/spiritseers to be my warlord since they are all fairly fragile. On the other hand the wraithknight is already a big target for every high str gun out there. Don't know if I need to stack even more reasons for the enemy to try and kill him on there. Oh and the nekked spiritseer walks with the wraithblades and will probably be casting the voice of twighlight power on the two wraithlords and the wraithblades (gives them battle focus and furious charge).
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Iyanden 1750 - Good? Empty Re: Iyanden 1750 - Good?

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:52 am

Pretty decent. I think you could leave the farseer on foot and join him to the 9 wraith blade unit.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:28 am

Well I was thinking (since he isn't my warlord) last turn he could always turbo-boost and contest an objective. Mostly because once my wraiths get out of their rides they are not exactly quick on their feet. Also he'd probably spend a fair bit of the game buffing the wraithknight and then the duders in the serpents. So I'd either have to tuck him inside a wave serpent or make him mobile enough to keep up with them.

Like I said it is more of a thought experiment than anything. I was just struggling to come up with a list I liked for Iyanden. This I'd rate at a 7.5/10 on the "Tom likey" scale. It has a lot of stuff I like, but seems to be lacking that x-factor to me.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down