Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 pts Ironhands List

+2
Planes
Lore Weaver
6 posters

Go down

1500 pts Ironhands List Empty 1500 pts Ironhands List

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:07 pm

1500 Pts Space marine
HQ
Master of Forge(90 Pts): FgGren, KrGren, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Artificer armour, Servo-harness,

Troops
Tactical squad(205 Pts)
- Space Marine(9): FgGren, KrGren, Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Grav gun,
- Sergeant(1): FgGren, KrGren, Grav Pistol, Chainsword,
- Drop Pod(1): Storm bolter,

Tactical squad(205 Pts)
- Space Marine(9): FgGren, KrGren, Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Grav gun,
- Sergeant(1): FgGren, KrGren, Grav Pistol, Chainsword,

Scout Squad(120 Pts)
- Scouts(4): FgGren, KrGren, Bolt Pistol, Sniper rifle(4), Camo Cloak(5),
- Sergeant(1): FgGren, KrGren, Chainsword, Sniper rifle, Melta Bomb,
- Land Speeder Storm(1): Heavy Bolter,

Elites
Dreadnought(120 Pts)
- Dreadnought(1): TL Autocannon, TL Autocannon, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers,

Dreadnought(120 Pts)

Dreadnought(120 Pts)

Heavy Support
Ironclad Dreadnought(170 Pts)
- Ironclad Dreadnought(1): Dreadnought CCW, Seismic Hammer, Storm bolter, Melta gun, Extra armour, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers,

Ironclad Dreadnought(180 Pts)
- Ironclad Dreadnought(1): Dreadnought CCW, Seismic Hammer, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Extra armour, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers,

Ironclad Dreadnought(170 Pts)
- Ironclad Dreadnought(1): Hurricane Bolter, Chain Fist, Heavy Flamer, Extra armour, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers,

===============
Drop the dreads first, the troops drop towards objectives. Not sure where the tech marine goes, nor do I overly care.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

1500 pts Ironhands List Empty Re: 1500 pts Ironhands List

Post  Planes Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:31 pm

This list certainly looks like it would give a lot of armies a hard time, especially with three AV 13 walkers in your face turn one.  I think I'd lean towards dropping the speeder and putting the MotF on a bike so he can get over to all the Ironclads in a hurry and keep them repaired, and just infiltrate in the scouts.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:10 pm

A MotF on a bike? Neat! Storms are cool, but not sure they're conducive to what you want those scouts to do, namely, park on an objective and shoot things that come to close.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:51 pm

Why take the storm and forget the best piece of equipment it can get Mark!? Cerberus launcher all the way. A large blast that causes blind!

Also why the hurricane bolter on one of the ironclads? I think the best load out is flamers/meltas.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:18 pm

this list will actually suffer from having too many dreadnoughts and not enough anything else at this point limit.  a 6 dread list doesnt hold its own until your rocking out in the 2000+ range, since it tends to normally suffer from a lack of any strong support for the dreads, along with a weak troop base.

at 1500, i would a least drop the 3rd autocannon dread, and possibly walk your hurricane bolter ironclad on the board so he can act as a heavy shield for your troops.  such as a big scary guard dog for your scouts on your home objective.

i'd probably swap a couple things around and take this, and use the iron hands supplement's relic list.  (their warlord traits are a little better too)

1500 Pts - Codex: Iron Hands Roster

Total Roster Cost: 1495

HQ:
Master of the Forge, 155 pts
The Ironstone (30pts), The Tempered Helm (35pts)

Elite:
Dreadnought, Twin-Linked Autocannon x2
Dreadnought, Twin-Linked Autocannon x2

Troops:
Tactical Squad of 9, Grav-gun, Sergeant with Grav-pistol, Drop Pod

Heavy Support:
Ironclad Dreadnought, Drop Pod
Ironclad Dreadnought, Heavy Flamer x2, Drop Pod
Ironclad Dreadnought, Chainfist, Hurricane Bolters, Drop pod

now you have 6 pods, and a stronger mix of troops.  you can also put the HQ in any of the troop pods to have him buff them with the tempered helm; it lets every friendly within 2 feet use his Ld 10 for morale tests, and you can pick a friendly unit within 12" to re-roll 1's when rolling to-hit with guns.  both abilities even work if he's in a vehicle or building.
with the ironstone, if you have him pod in near your ironclads, then so long as he's within 6" of them, they regen their hull points on a 4+, and if they roll a 6, they also have a weapon destroyed or immobilized result repaired.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:35 pm

completly disagree with everything Mike Just said. Smile

at 1500 a lot of folks are going to be taken by surprise by the Dreads and not have enough threats to deal with them. at 2000+ points i'm going to look at 6 dreads and wipe half of them off the table in the first turn.

i agree with the Tom in that you want to specialize those Ironclads to meltas/Flamers. you only get one chance at the alpha strike, "don't salt your list" and focus on doing the most damage now instead of waffling with multi-use weapons. also MOTF on bike with conversion beamer = money!

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:38 pm

I would always go for an odd number of drop pods to maximize the amount dropping turn one and minimizing the amount left in reserves. But that is just me.

Also why do you guys have grav on your drop pod marines over plasma/melta? Grav is really bad on anything that doesn't have relentless. Especially if they are forced to move like drop pod marines. I know that grav is the new sexy, but plasma/melta still rocks its preferred targets just as well/better.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:10 pm

Personally I'm a big fan of going for 4 HFlamer/Melta Ironclads poding in turn one. Anything they shoot at and don't kill gets search lighted (in the 50% chance of night fight) letting your Dakka Dreads or heavy support of choice light things up.

I mean, people get frustrated with a line of AV13 with a 5+ (or better) jink sitting across the table from them, how much worse would it be to have that line *in* your deployment zone, ready to have near-certain assaults on turn 2.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down