Glueing Moving Part on Models

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Glueing Moving Part on Models

Post  Aegwymourn on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:34 am

I have started putting my Stormraven together and was wonder what people though of leaving the optional "moveable" parts on models. Normally I try to leave them that way since it tends to make the model a bit more "cool" and interesting. But I have essentially stopped building it because if that front hatch can be opened I would first have to paint the whole interior of the stormraven before finishing gluing it together.

The gamer in me demands just sealing it up and finishing the model so I can use it on the tabletop (would replace my dreadknight in 1500/1750 point games).

The hobbiest in me thinks that a model like that should have the time taken to make it look as cool as possible.

Right now I'm leaning towards finishing it, since I haven't had much hobby time at all lately. Still trying to finish painting my draigowing. Got most of the paladins past 3 colors!  Razz 

Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glueing Moving Part on Models

Post  Rhaevyn on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:42 pm

i always seal them up, rhinos, land raiders, anything with a door gets glued shut. i'm a gamer first and its just too much teouble to worry about the inside of a model people are going to look at maybe once.

if you are in to it, magnetizing the door helps, i had to do this on my vendettas cuz one day i might want to flip out the heavy bolters that are hidden in the cargo area.

on the storm eagle glueing it shut stabilized the whole thing as the warpage was unbelievable, so it was almost necessary.

Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:58 pm

Iv painted the interior of my storm raven... Guess I am a glutton for punishment.
It was the first thing I painted on the raven. Now when I open the doors on it you can barely see the job I did lol. Should have installed an LED light on there. Ha.

Matthew G
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:07 am

That's a huge bummer, but answers my question I guess. Going to try and get it all done up this weekend then.

Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:35 am

My Mom's been using small portable LED's on 20mm bases that are about 1/2 an inch thick (would fit in a landraider) for floral arrangements. Apparently the "cool kids" have been using these see-through silicon beads, so Mom's been lighting up the inside of the vase's with blue LED's.

I have one on my counter, they take one of those disc type batteries and twist on/off. You should be able to get them at floral supply or some other place. I could ask her where she gets them.

My point, it's a thing, that exists, that you could easily chuck into the interior of something.

Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:11 am

think we need to spend some quality time with Marks Mom. could learn a lot!

Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:27 am

Rhaevyn wrote:think we need to spend some quality time with Marks Mom. could learn a lot!

No kidding. Let me know where she gets them. I may just install one in the raven after all

Matthew G
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:49 pm

What a Face 

Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Zinge Industries LED lighting components - this has the battery holders, multiple led choices, and low profile switches, so you can hide the switch and battery holders wherever you need to.

Zinge Industries light diffusers - these are clear 'caps' you can put over the bulbs to make them look like the warning strobes and headlights, etc on the models

i've ordered from this guy before and he's prompt and his product is quality casted.

dusktiger
Lord of Titan

View user profile http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:46 pm

The ones my Mom uses are waterproof, so you can chuck them in the bath to annoy your GF.

Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:25 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top