ammunition dump

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ammunition dump

Post  Gulsnick on Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:19 pm

So if I park a battle wagon full of lootas with in 2 inches of a ammo dump do they all get to re roll 1s to hit ?

Gulsnick
Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ammunition dump

Post  Lore Weaver on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:35 am

Gulsnick wrote:So if I park a battle wagon full of lootas with in 2 inches of a ammo dump do they all get to re roll 1s to hit ?

Argument could be made either way, but I'd say "yes"

Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:06 pm

I would say No.

None of the "models" inside the truck are within 2 inches of the dump. Only the truck Model is, this exact same question came up for burna boys and prometheum pipes and i'de say the same thing, if you want the benefits of being within 2 inches of an upgrade, then you have to actually be within 2" of it and not inside a vehicle.

Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:50 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:I would say No.

None of the "models" inside the truck are within 2 inches of the dump. Only the truck Model is, this exact same question came up for burna boys and prometheum pipes and i'de say the same thing, if you want the benefits of being within 2 inches of an upgrade, then you have to actually be within 2" of it and not inside a vehicle.

Actually all the models in an open toped vehicle are considered to be anywhere they want on the vehicle for shooting range and los . So that would mean they would be with in 2inches if any part of the vehicle is no ?

Gulsnick
Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver on Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:04 pm

Gulsnick wrote:
Rhaevyn wrote:I would say No.

Actually all the models in an open toped vehicle  are  considered to be anywhere  they want on the vehicle for shooting range and los . So that would mean they would be with in 2inches if any part of the vehicle is no ?

That's why I'd argue "Yes"

Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:07 pm

the actual models are still not within 2 inches of the Dump. I'de ask for a roll off it was used against me.

Just what we need is seeing 3 trucks full of boys camping on an ammo dump, or worse, 3 trucks full of Burna boys sitting on some prometheum pipes.. or Ghost arks.

Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:12 pm

At the very least with the Ghost Arks the pipes are worded in such a way that the Abyssal Staff can't jack it. The Pipes require a 'flame weapon' to do it's thing, an the Staff uses 'swirling ebon mists'. I'd be less worried about Truks full of Burnas near a pipe, more so worried about a Battle Wagon brimming with them.

Planes
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:31 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:the actual models are still not within 2 inches of the Dump.  I'de ask for a roll off it was used against me.

Just what we need is seeing 3 trucks full of boys camping on an ammo dump, or worse, 3 trucks full of Burna boys sitting on some prometheum pipes.. or Ghost arks.

you don, t have to worry about a ammo dump pipes combo cause the pipes can't take a ammo dump .

And it would be useless cause Burnas do not roll to hit
The pipes also say that vehicle mounted weapons can not benefit from it .

Gulsnick
Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:53 pm

i'm not worried about the two things overlapping. I only bring up the pipes as its similar and I'm sure that many people will think to use it the same way.

What i am saying that the rule specifically says that a Model within 2" of ammunition Dump gains a benefit and that the models in a transport are not actually on the table and cannot gain the benefits unless they dismount and find themselves within 2" of the ammo dump.

The rules you mention give a specific allowance for two specific functions ( Line of sight and weapon range) which means that an allowance is actually necessary... of which there isn't any. Yet.

Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:i'm not worried about the two things overlapping. I only bring up the pipes as its similar and I'm sure that many people will think to use it the same way.

What  i am saying that the rule specifically says that a Model within 2" of ammunition Dump gains a benefit and that the models in a transport are not actually on the table and cannot gain the benefits unless they dismount and find themselves within 2" of the ammo dump.

The rules you mention give a specific allowance for two specific functions  ( Line of sight and weapon range) which means that an allowance is actually necessary... of which there isn't any. Yet.

Found it !

Page 78 under embarking
" if the players need to measure a range involving the embarked unit ( except for shooting) , this range is measured from the hull .

Gulsnick
Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:44 pm

So any sort of radius attack should hit them as well then? (specifically nova powers/vehicle explosions)

Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:So any sort of radius attack should hit them as well then? (specifically nova powers/vehicle explosions)

A nova is a shooting attack ( except for shooting ) .

Gulsnick
Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:15 pm

So you are agreeing with Mike that during shooting they are not there? The exception doesn't specify whos shooting so it would have to be all shooting or no shooting.

The only other exception is only for line of sight and range, not the actual models being there.

Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:10 pm

I'm saying that the models are never there and hence are not subject to the rule. Just as a psyker could not cast blessings upon an embarked unit, open topped or no.

I can definitely see your point Gul, and i'm not trying to be difficult, i just don't see this as "working as intended". Going from being able to re-roll 1's with the 10 or less models you'd be able to cram around a crate to however many Battlewagons full of boys you can park next to it. And i'm not just thinking of orks, as orks can use whatever help they can get.

Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:53 pm

I view this as pretty simple.

They are actually grabbing ammo, or tapping into a promethium pipe, right?

The pipelines are equipped with drive thru hose attachments? That battle wagon/rhino/ghost ark can unhook at a moments notice, clear all the hoses, ammo crates, and get everyone buttoned up, and still drive up to 18" away?

Totally believe able...

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:23 am

Hmm.. Im not sure on this one. Open topped vehicles hacve always posed some unique issues. Getting a 20 burna boy drive by is a terrifying prospect.

I can definitely see the arguments from both sides. This really is a .. do embarked models get to use the ability type of argument.. and Im not sure. I still havent read the darn book, I should really do that.

System Commander
System Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:52 am

Rhaevyn wrote:I'm saying that the models are never there and in ence are not subject to the rule. Just as a psyker could not cast blessings upon an embarked unit, open topped or no.

I can definitely see your point Gul, and i'm not trying to be difficult, i just don't see this as "working as intended".  Going from being able to re-roll 1's with the 10 or less models you'd be able to cram around a crate to however many Battlewagons full of boys you can park next to it. And i'm not just thinking of orks, as orks can use whatever help they can get.

I never thought you where being difficult . I enjoy your counter points .
i just like hashing things out here rather than in a game Smile
I don't however agree with your point of view ... yet Smile

A psyker that is part of an embarked unit can cast blessings on his squad or his vehicle .

Here is a question if they are not on the table would a psyker in a rhino casting a power be affected by shadows in the warp ?

Gulsnick
Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top