Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hive Fleet Leviathan dataslate

4 posters

Go down

Hive Fleet Leviathan dataslate Empty Hive Fleet Leviathan dataslate

Post  Aegwymourn Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:44 am

New dataslate for 'Nids already up.

Supposed to focus on 'stealers and Lictors. Should be interesting to see if they address some of the concerns people have.

I really hope it is more than the previewed formation.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Hive Fleet Leviathan dataslate Empty Re: Hive Fleet Leviathan dataslate

Post  Planes Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:08 am

"Deathleaper's Assassin Squad" formation is apparently in there, consisting of Deathleaper and 5 broods of Lictors. Not really sure what to make of that...
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:41 am

I guess you can take Deathleaper without eating an HQ slot, so there's that.

Depends what they give the Lictors. If they get Deathleaper's ability that forces snapshots only at them, I say it's pretty darned good.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:43 am

If they use dataslates to make the Tyranid Codex good, I'm going to have a sad. Not a fan of that business model. "Here's your $60 book, now for 3 installments of $15, your book also has the ability to not suck."
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:53 am

Yeah, they opperate in the wrong price bracket for micro transactions, and even then that model is impractical for the user in an environment that isn't purely digital. It's one thing to pay $5 for a character or $20 for a new skin/model/animation/voice pack in something like League of Legends or some such, because you pay the money, and bam, it's seamlessly integrated. You try to do that with books, and you have to bounce back and forth between all of them to MANUALLY handle all the interactions, and this is doubly worse in the case of e-readers and their ilk, because they won't let you have more than one document open at a time.

The core book should be functional in and of itself, with supplements and dataslates used to provide interesting variations.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:00 pm

just fucking greedy, if its out now, it was ready before the book shipped and should have been included in the book. its just rediculous that a person is expected to pay over $100 just for the rules for his army, not including any models.

i liken this to the new model for MMO's. i dont play any of them anymore because i can't just pay a subscription anymore, everyone has a cash store or a Pay to Win shop. drives me fuckin nuts.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:09 pm

From what I'm seeing, MMOs are even starting to shift over to a semi-free to play model, where you can elect to either pay the $15, or exchange some amount of in-game currency for subscription time. I can't say I've seen much in the "pay to win" category for the MMOs or other multiplayer I've been looking at. I have the feeling that most games that would do that would burn out pretty quick unless the gameplay was mind blowing.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down