Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tervigons?

+2
Planes
Lore Weaver
6 posters

Go down

Tervigons? Empty Tervigons?

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:32 pm

I don't understand why people have a big hate-on for the Tervigon. T6 with 6 wounds at 3+ shouldn't be "that" squishy.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Tervigons? Empty Re: Tervigons?

Post  Planes Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:40 pm

I think the big thing is that when they do pop, they take the rest of your troop base within a one foot radius with them, and then what's left is no longer in synapse and runs away/kills themselves.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:04 pm

If you've got two of those on the board and 60 'gaunts, that's only 630pts, leaving plenty for Tyrants/Flyrants/*Fex's/Crone(s)/Exocrine(s) That's a lot of T6 wounds with 3+ (2+) and T5 (4+) things to deal with.

When they pop it's all 'gaunts within 12" take a S3 AP- hit, so you're only losing < 1/2 of the guants within 12". Keep them further than 12" away (and take the primaris power to maintain synapse)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:55 pm

New 'dex syndrome. Everyone will hate it until they find the builds that win everything. I played Jordan on Monday and his Tervigon won him the game. By a lot.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:24 pm

GingerBalls wrote:New 'dex syndrome. Everyone will hate it until they find the builds that win everything. I played Jordan on Monday and his Tervigon won him the game. By a lot.

Jordan.....  must get a game in against mah CHAOS!

Edit: Does Jordan have a computer device the connects to the internets?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:44 pm

I still like mawlocs - double tap large templates at str 6 ap 2 ignores cover....can put a hurt on big units, even if you fail to kill everything, misshap table can be forgiving, on a 4+ you get to do it all again next turn.

people hate baleflamers, imagine a double tap baleflamer that results in a MC sitting on your face afterward? a fearless MC with 6 wounds and Hit and run? for 140 points?

All i hear about is people whining about not being able to attack off of outflank or deepstrike or the loss of ymargl.... 3 mawlocs is 420 points of sweet sweet disruption and destructions. what are you going to shoot at? the 3 mawlocs that just showed up in your backfield or the oncoming horde of gaunts and Tervigons?

i know it isn't a counter to wave serpants, but what is? can't build every list with taudar in mind.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:48 pm

I agree with Mike on this one...

They don't need Synapse range either.

630pts of 'gaunts and tervigons and you've still got points for a pair of Flyrants and maybe even a 'Crone.

Edit
1500pts ====

Flyrant w\ 2xBrainleech
Death Leaper (because)
Venomthrope (to give all my troops stealth)
30xGuants
30xGuants
Tervigon
Tervigon
3xMawlocs

35pts to spare (for tails // biomorphs?)

Chimes in at $670 || Bump to 1750 by adding a Crone for ~$100
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:15 pm

i'de have trouble with target priority against this list. in my head i know i would have to kill the tervigons in order to have a chance at winning.... but the mawlocs and flyrants are going to be in my face turn 2...

Only real problem i see with the list is no selective first strike capability(shooting), you are really resigned to rushing headlong into close combat and removing targets the old fashion way....

impregnating them with chest bursters...
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:24 pm

Jordan is on the forums as far as I know, though I can't recall his handle. We'll get you too linked up for a game either way, we have the technology.

Also, Venomthropes give shrouded, not stealth. Oh so much better.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Ya, a Tervigon spits out a unit of 'gaunts and gives a 3+ cover save to itself, the 30 gaunts, and the venomthrope behind it.

Edit: You *could* swap out one of the Mawloc's for an Exocrine, but I wouldn't.

Mawloc's are basically immune to synapse issues. If you fail Synapse, even if you roll a 1-3, it get's bumped up to a 4-5 because it's a single model, then you're free to move... so pop into on-going reserves and kill things next turn.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:50 pm

As Tom pointed out, its not each gaunt within twelve that gets the hit, each unit within 12" gets 3d6 hits with ignores cover. Also they messed with how gants are spawned (now done at the end of the movement phase, so no extra movement). They also no longer grant termigants poison/FC within 6". And now they are stuck at ML1 with one power (before you could get up to 3 rolls on biomancy per tervigon). And termigants still get Counter-charge, but don't get the bonus ld so you are testing at ld6. And they went up in points. You could have picked a couple of those things and I think most people would have been fine with it. All of them together though ouch.

Mawlocs are going to be very random, which in single games can be good. Throughout a tournament though you'll have games where they either a) don't show up b) scatter their deepstrike and you don't get any hits. I'm not saying their bad, just random.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  jasd213 Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Ya tervigons are pretty good, just use them to sit back and run the gaunts away to objectives. Might try one with the artifact gun and maybe dessicatir beetles for 2 templates if someone gets near.
jasd213
jasd213
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum