Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Question

+6
Roland
Rhaevyn
Planes
System Commander
superdeuxlol
Lore Weaver
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

League Question - Page 2 Empty Re: League Question

Post  Roland Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:27 pm

superdeuxlol wrote:I would love to pick my psychic powers. Beau can we play a game with that in effect for fun?

Wouldn't you just roll all iron arm anyways?;D
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Paz wrote:mike- I take inquisitors for fluff and modelling fun, and dat double needle pistol power. I have yet to see a single person run an inquisitor in a broken way. Remember that any unit joined by an inquisitor cannot use a dedicated transport, so, especially for marines (and if you're not planning on running big expensive henchman squads) it means foot marines or scouts and that's it. I could see people complaining about an inquisitor in a centurion squad, but that's a huge points sink, that can get gimped pretty quickly.

You make my point exactly Paz. thank you Smile

but, like i said above and i think most agree, the Real problem is battle brothers. Dinvination isn't really an issue if the Battle Brothers rule Didn't exist.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:
also,  would anyone REALLY care about inquisition if they weren't easy access to a third cheap HQ with Divination? psybolt chimeras and adding Psykeout grenades to whatever the hell you want aside...

not sure how disagreeing with you made your point man...  Question 

Sure one could take an inquisitor with centurions to make them shoot better, but thats a almost 400 pts sink with a fairly killable squad. Cheese these days is maximizing output and minimizing cost, which, coteaz aside (which is pretty much just ignoring fluff anyway) I cant see the inquisitor book doing a whole heck of a lot to break the meta.

Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Is that the solution then? Either all BB drop to AoC, or blessings may only be cast on friendly units from your own codex? Is this nerfs badly?

Coming back to the original topic, I totally understand why Robyn has the setup given for the playoffs. I'd maybe be open to trading the ability to take allies or forts for FW, or FW is a 0-1, or we have a limited list or something. That said, my heart will go on if we keep it as is:)

Honestly a lot of t issues were talking about (div/BB, etc.), we're really talking about what we'd FAQ or rules changes, which is fine, but a little beyond what Robyn is thinking.

Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:58 pm

... but to add, we should be diligent and gently encourage people to steer clear of the goofier combos.. Smile

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:04 pm

System Commander wrote:... but to add, we should be diligent and gently encourage people to steer clear of the goofier combos.. Smile

Out of curiosity what do people think of me playing Draigowing? I enjoy the models and some of the not "over the top" fluff, but if people would rather I play more standard GK that is fine too. Really I am just super lazy putting together my regular marines and stuff. Only having to bring 17 models for 1750 is nice too  Razz 
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:09 pm

As long as they punch and shoot themselves to death still I am fine with it.
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:17 pm

"Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself"

Its happening again *runs away crying*
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:26 pm

I say, have a blast with Draigo Wing, it's not like he's got the "D". (that's my only real issue ATM, D weapons are dumb and break 40k)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:29 pm

"D"ick weapons
AV 15 forts
Stupid ally combos
Stupid special rule sharing
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:49 pm

stupid GW listening to the public at large and what they wanted in their games of 40k.  don't they know we're stupid and dont know what we really want???
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:35 am

dusktiger wrote:stupid GW listening to the public at large and what they wanted in their games of 40k.  don't they know we're stupid and dont know what we really want???

TL/DR version: half the issues weren't asked for, by anyone. the other half were half-assed attempts at the request that weren't playtested and are making the game less fun and unnecessarily complicated.

"D"ick weapons
"I have to have D weapons in regular games of 40k!"-no one, ever.

AV 15 forts
-see above

Stupid ally combos
Ok, you got me here, ppl asked for allies. What I recall noone asking for was a stupidly broken ally table, that allows breaking of the FOC, and allying with oneself (Unfluffy allying at that when you think about it, Tau are NOT blood brothers with Farsight Enclaves, they are enemies. Black Legion w/ CSM basically allows you to skip taking VotLW on 2 troops and 1 HQ in exchange for an extra heldrake.) A lot of alliances they allow (Tau/SM; Crons/BA) are canon in fluff, but its obvious they are desparate allies. Make the FOC "hard", so allies take up std FOC choices. Make it so allies add to the fun factor, rather than being a way to fill deficiencies in your home list.

Stupid special rule sharing
Slow and purposeful confering relentless on attached units, same for hit and run, etc. Tau being div'd by friendly Eldar (aren't Tau inherently NON psychic?!). There are a ton of examples of units getting nonsencical rule combos, or rules they were obviously not meant to have, or rules that should be mutually exclusive.

What most HAVE been asking for, for 2 years now, is a TIGHT, CONCISE ruleset with some fun little options. Instead be have ruleset that purposely breaks its own rules (Necron scythes, Fromations ignoring FOC and allies rules, Inq allowing a second ally, etc) and does a half-assed version of stuff we want. GW's insistance on changing rules wholesale (see 6th ed vehicle rules) rather than building on what they had, incrementally.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:46 pm

The allies list is just badly implemented crap based on fluff. And i really don't see how tau or eldar or Imperials are battle brothers with anyone but themselves.

As far as Draigo wing? meh, can't see any problems there. i think your going to have a challenge winning games with 17 models. Smile
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2