Fellblades

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fellblades

Post  dusktiger on Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:52 am

since escalation lets us take super heavies, i figured i'd post the one most likely to be seen in a pure space marine army; the beloved Fellblade.

• to start off, this guy has ZERO D weapon options. 
  • Base cost of 525pts gets you a tank with FA 14, SA 13, RA 12, total of 12 HP, and BS 3.
  • Main Gun is the Turret-mounted Twin-linked FellBlade Accelerator Cannon.  this has 2 firing options: HE shells; Range 100"; Str 8; AP 3; Ordnance 1, 7" Blast, Primary Weapon. AP Shells; Range 100'; Str 9; AP 2; Heavy 1, 3" Blast, Armourbane, Primary Weapon.
  • comes with 2 Sponsons, each holding a Quad Lascannon; Range 48'"; Str 9; AP 2; Heavy 2, Twin-linked
  • comes with a Hull-mounted Heavy Bolter, and a Hull-Mounted Demolisher Cannon

that's what you get for 525pts.

• if you spend 15pts, you can upgrade to BS 4.
  • if you spend 25pts, you let every allied unit within 24" of the hull re-roll failed Morale Tests
  • if you spend 25pts, you can buy Armoured Ceramite; grants immunity to the 2d6 rule of Melta Weapons. (note that Armoured Ceramite is not the version that grants immunity to Lance weapons.)
  • for free, you can replace the Quad Lascannons with Laser Destroyers; Range 36"; Str 9; AP 1; Ordnance 1, Twin-linked

i've got one i started converting last year for a 30k army, and it's been modeled as a basic one, which i'd probably give the BS 4 upgrade and Armoured Ceramite if i was facing another marine army.  i'd say 540pts is fairly reasonable since many of us would have taken a 200pt hammernator unit with a 250pt land raider with a terminator librarian in 5th Ed.  in an edition of shooting-biased rules, Fellblades seem like a better choice of point sink than the old book mobile of 5th.

dusktiger
Lord of Titan

View user profile http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Fellblades

Post  Rhaevyn on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:35 am

Does it have machine spirit or something to let it choose multiple targets? looks like its going to be super duper effective at killing one thing if not.

Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver on Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:05 am

Super Heavies can shoot some number of different targets (at least two) without PotMS.

Immunity to melta is a must buy. Only thing you'd really have to watch for are Monsterous Creatures and Necron Guass weaponry. (Especially if they twin-link with a stalker... or get Tank Hunters with Zandrek)

Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger on Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:06 am

no, its basically what you see there.  however, it is a super-heavy vehicle:
Shooting: wrote:when a super-heavy vehicle makes a shooting attack, it's always treated as if it didn't move and it may fire each of its weapons at different targets if desired. In Addition, firing Ordnance weapons has no effect on a super-heavy's ability to fire other weapons.

additional: weapons classified as Primary Weapon roll 2D6 and choose the highest when rolling for Armour Penetration

dusktiger
Lord of Titan

View user profile http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  da bear on Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:11 am

No its still mainly based on an imperial tank and crewed by imperial guard unless u upgrade, it also came out duri g the old apoc where every weapon can pick its on target, I have no clue how the new super heavy rules work so it could be at a down fall lol

da bear
Grandmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top