Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgent News From Segmentum Obscura! (ie. PA)

+4
Daemonkin
da bear
Planes
Jpwoody
8 posters

Go down

Urgent News From Segmentum Obscura! (ie. PA) Empty Urgent News From Segmentum Obscura! (ie. PA)

Post  Jpwoody Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Hello,

I was fairly active at the Prince Albert club during highschool, and having just moved back from University was quite excited to play again. However, it seems that a low attendance rate, fist fights between members, and being on the verge of losing our gaming space has rendered this chapter all but unviable in its current state. Soooo I'm just on here to see what's up in Saskatoon. I understand that there's league play at the Dragon's Den, but what's going on for casual? Not that I have an army I'd like to play at the moment, but I think I'll get something together around Christmas. Also, I understand that a few of the guys who used to frequent J&Ps are still active down there, and it'd be awesome if they'd get in contact with me.

Anyways take it easy,
Jim W
Jpwoody
Jpwoody
Acolyte

Back to top Go down

Urgent News From Segmentum Obscura! (ie. PA) Empty Re: Urgent News From Segmentum Obscura! (ie. PA)

Post  Planes Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:00 pm

The league is pretty casual, in my opinion, outside of perhaps the play offs. Not terribly uncommon to find people having games over beer and such. The league also comes with a 10% discount on GW merch at the Den. In case you are interested, we've got a tournament circuit going now, too, so events are plentiful. Aside from that, if you just want a game without the whole league aspect, you could always make a post in the Thunderdome and see if anyone bites.

Anyways, I'm one of the Toms on here, generally known for playing Necrons (Tomb World Mai'Laun), Grey Knights (with strong inquisitorial ties), and Chaos Space Marines (of the aquatic variety). Nice to have you!
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Urgent News From Segmentum Obscura! (ie. PA) Empty Re: Urgent News From Segmentum Obscura! (ie. PA)

Post  Jpwoody Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Cool! Once I pull something of an army together I may start making a few trips a month. I was playing mainly Black Templar, while dabbling with some Tau and Catachans. I thought everything looked pretty rad at the time, but looking at it now most of my stuff is pretty shoddy haha. So I'm looking at putting together a 500pt Mech Guard army, with some actual effort put into it.
Jpwoody
Jpwoody
Acolyte

Back to top Go down

Post  da bear Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:50 pm

Hey dude sorry to hear all that going down in pa, I'm one of the founders of the club there, but that aside welcome to our group and hope to see you across from me on the field of battle one day, I head up that way once in a while so maybe we could get a game in once you start up again, I usually play wolves
da bear
da bear
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemonkin Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:57 pm

Hey, welcome to the comunity, I am andrew, one of the other pa club founders. I heard about some of the crap that is happening up there, and needless to say I am not a happy panda. But that aside, get that army cracking, the guys down here are actually pretty cool. Oh I play chaos, guard and eldar.
Daemonkin
Daemonkin
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:05 am

Fist fights? Over a miniatures game? Sweet Jesus that is sad.

Nothing like that here in Saskatoon, for sure. We sometimes have our drama now and then, but we have a longstanding group of vets, that keep the game the way we like it; casual and fun.

I used to head up to the tournaments Ben ran in PA. Ah, those were the days, heading up in Cam's tittywagon, avoiding the bathroom after chortling PA players had annihilated it , stash being mocked by voth... Brings a tear to my eye :p

Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:22 am

Hi I'm Beau. Ultras and Dark Angels for the most part. You'll know me by the crappy paint jobs and dice thay only roll ones.
We have a few events coming up. Other tom is running a 1750 pt tourney mid Dec, and I'll be running a team tournament in Jan.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:43 am

Roland wrote:Hi I'm Beau. Ultras and Dark Angels for the most part. You'll know me by the crappy paint jobs and dice thay only roll ones.
We have a few events coming up. Other tom is running a 1750 pt tourney mid Dec, and I'll be running a team tournament in Jan.
Your dice don't only roll ones, the 5's and 6's come out for leadership tests.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:01 am

Your dice roll just fine before the game gets rolling.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:21 am

Guyyyys, don't harass his dice; they have performance anxiety, that's all! and beau lies, his paint jobs are nice. awesome even, when you consider he's colorblind and still manages what he does.

I'm Michael, and i'm the guy that plays Red Scorpions space marines around here. i have a couple other army colors i paint for the sake of painting, but that's my main army. I've played at a couple of ben's PA tournaments and always found them fun; sorry to hear the people there are less than ideal opponents these days.

like tom mentioned, if you post in thunderdome that you'd like a game at X points value, at Y date and time, you'll usually have 5 or 6 people bite and see if they can arrange a game with you
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jpwoody Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:39 am

Hey guys! Thanks for your response. I may have to come up sometime soon and get a membership. Bought some conversion bitz from a couple different sites yesterday. So ya, I'd say things are getting pretty serious.
Jpwoody
Jpwoody
Acolyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:46 am

Urgent News From Segmentum Obscura! (ie. PA) 66915

I couldn't resist!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jpwoody Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:08 pm

HAHAHA someone picked up on it.
Jpwoody
Jpwoody
Acolyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down