Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Hit and Re-rolls

3 posters

Go down

To Hit and Re-rolls Empty To Hit and Re-rolls

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Just wondering if anyone has a definitive answer to the following quandary.

If I have the ability to re-roll to hit rolls of a "1" but am using a weapon with the blast rule (so I am using the scatter die and 2d6) am I allowed to re-roll anything?

Follow up bonus question. I could have sworn I had read something that if you charge a pre-existing combat and go through difficult terrain you are not slowed to I1. I cannot seem to find anything to substantiate that. Perhaps it was all a dream.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

To Hit and Re-rolls Empty Re: To Hit and Re-rolls

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:Just wondering if anyone has a definitive answer to the following quandary.

If I have the ability to re-roll to hit rolls of a "1" but am using a weapon with the blast rule (so I am using the scatter die and 2d6) am I allowed to re-roll anything?

Follow up bonus question. I could have sworn I had read something that if you charge a pre-existing combat and go through difficult terrain you are not slowed to I1. I cannot seem to find anything to substantiate that. Perhaps it was all a dream.
1) If you're allowed to re-roll to hit rolls of "1", you are allowed to re-roll "Gets Hot". This is covered in a FAQ somewhere, I'll look it up when I get home.

2) Covered in the main rulebook FAQ, IIRC.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:40 pm

1) I know you can re-roll "Gets Hot!" but are you allowed to re-roll any portion of the scatter die +2d6? That I couldn't find.

2) I'll check again.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:40 pm

As Mark sad.. you can reroll those 1's for get hot..

But.. if its just a standard blast weapon like a missile launcher, it will do no good for you since your not rolling. Twin linked helps of course with a blast. So.. just thinking. Preferred enemy lets you reroll onea so yeah.. no benefit for blast weapons.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Found the answer to #2 first page of the FAQ. If you charge only units already locked in combat your I is not penalized. Side note, it specifically says from a previous turn. I is a cheater Tom!

Was also thinking for the ECPA from Farsight Enclaves today. For a serious tourney list at 1750 I might plug some FE shenanigans in. The Talisman and unit of Crisis for troops is soooo good. And if I'm that far I'd really like a Riptide with the ECPA, but I far prefer the Ion Accelerator. Although if you don't have a way to re-roll the scatter die the usefulness drops a ton. Maybe I'll run one with a SMS and the Heavy Burst Cannon thing and see how I like it.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down