Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forgeworld chapter tactics

+3
Planes
Lore Weaver
dusktiger
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

forgeworld chapter tactics - Page 2 Empty Re: forgeworld chapter tactics

Post  Paz Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:11 am

You couldn't run exorcists as firehawks, has to be chapter tactics from codex space marines, says so specifically in the update.which makes sense, Silas would really buff up a red hunters force joined with grey knights and shit. Total shutdown of psychic powers.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:26 pm

miv305 wrote:I can't believe they didn't fix Loth (the Scorpion Psyker guy)...2+ invulnerable saves are not fun for anyone!  He also gets to pick his powers, I imagine he'll likely be the most common allied Libby besides Tiggy.
they did change him a fair bit though, now that i've looked at him.  he went from 205 to 175, he's -1 WS, Attack, and Initiative from before, and he lost access to Pyromancy. They've also changed him from having a "force weapon" to stating explicitly that he has a force axe. And while he gets to 'pick' his powers, he has to pick 3 powers from a single discipline.

while tigurius doesnt get to pick his powers, or come with 2+ armour that can become a 2++ (which btw is easy to get around, its been done to me a few times and he's been insta-killed), tigurius is 10 points cheaper, he does have -1 BS and attacks than Loth, but he's got +1 wound to Loth's 2, helps you on your reserve rolls, and gets to roll his 3 powers from ALL 5 disciplines, and can cherry pick which discipline he rolls for if you score a good one you wanted in, say, divination on the first try.  his weapon also gets a 50/50 chance to cause D3 more wounds on a target every turn he wounds them with it.

yes he's a great choice if you want a librarian, but he's not as good as he used to be.  right now, i'd say he's been balanced down to be about right for a named character in the list of "official" characters a codex contains.

on a side note, i'm not sure yet if im happy or sad about the changes to Culln and his sword.  Before you got bonus attacks for having a higher WS than your target. instead now he just gets Smash.  i'd have to play him a few times with the new rules to see if that change is better or not.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Dude, don't think smash. Think PF that strikes at Init. Believe 2 characters have this now. It's like an uber relic blade.

The previous power basically gave you and extra 2-3 attacks, which in turn gave 1-2 hits, which gave 1/2 to 1 wounds.. which isn't something to sneeze at, but his effectiveness vs TEQ just went WAY up.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2