Gladiator Saskatoon!!! Saturday Oct-19

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gladiator Saskatoon!!! Saturday Oct-19

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Starting with armies:: Players will get to play at 2500 points. Regular FOC (or double FOC) from the big book. One Heavy Support Slot per player can be used to deploy a super heavy tank/skimmer/flyer/walker OR a gargantuan creature/flyer.

The allies Matrix will be in effect, and the gargantuan/super heavy must be part of the main or allied army but will still cost that Heavy Slot.

Imperial Armour fully allowed. One apocalypse stratagem per player. Stratagems must be from the new book. Formations are allowed as long as the units in them fit inside of the army list and the FOC as well. New formations are free, old ones will have to have their point costs paid as part of the 2500. This will remove access to many formations especially those with 5+ HQ's required.

'Strategic Resource assets can only be used starting on the 3rd turn. Each use will deduct one victory point from that game's total.

For Old Formations, and Imperial Armour units, pla yers will have to provide the rules sheet for them.

For New sheets, and updates to super heavies, I will offer to provide updated rules and costs for players who have not bought the new Apocalypse book. (I don't want people to consider the book a reason not to play) This includes all stratagems, Baneblade variants, Warhound Scout Titan, Reaver Battle Titan, Thunderhawk Gunship, Gargantuan Squiggoth, Stompa, Big Mek Stompa, Skullhamma Battle Fortress, Phantom Titan, Revenant Titan, Barbed Hierodule, Harridan, Hierophant Bio-Titan.

I could be wrong, but I will assume that people who own the new apoc line of models would have their rules in possession.

No 'Finest Hour' and No 'Divine Intervention' and No 'Breaks' (other than between rounds). Apocalypse Units are being allowed, but this is not a game of Apocalypse

Schedule
Ask Darren to open early so we can set up (minimum me+1 other)
EVENT SCHEDULE
09:00-11:30 First game
11:30-12:00 Lunch
12:00-02:30 Second Game
02:30-05:00 Third Game
05:00-06:00 Awards and Clean up

One mission per table, and an even number of potential objectives points on each table for scoring purposes. Points Potential: 60 points for the gaming (the victory points scored in their rounds), 20 for painting of the army, 20 for painting of most expensive point cost unit (be it the terminator blob or the Stompa), 30 for sportsmanship, and maybe some bonus points 10 (signing up early, providing army list for me, etc) 140 potential points

Prizes for best overall, best general, best painted expensive unit, best sportsman, door prizes. More players == more prized

Scenario Focus will be that destroying your opponent has lower intrinsic value, while taking objectives has high intrinsic value. If you happen to table your opponent, on the removal of his last model, the table will be frozen, and you will see how many objectives you are holding.

Missions:

1) Line Breaker!!

Dawn of War deployment. 6 Objectives total, from the left 2 ft in, then every 1 ft up the table, same on the right side. So all objectives will line up in a grid, 2 on each players's front line, and 2 in the center. Objectives in the center are 3 points each, objectives on deployment line are worth 2 points for the player who starts on them and 4 points for the player across from them. 1 point for destroying the most expensive enemy unit, 1 point for line breaker. (4+3+2)x2+2=20 game points

2) Tank Men!!

"Um Sarge, you didn't happen to see the tank when you flew over....? Vanguard Strike Deployment. Ruined City terrain. Center Field, we have a Hell-Hammer Super Heavy Tank pointed along the center line, it is an objective (so not facing either player)(I will provide the tank). In addition there will be 4 other objectives. 2 on the center lines, 18" in and 12" up, so one in front and one behind the tank. As well, 1 in each deployment zone, 18" in and 12" up. Each objective is worth 3 points except the tank which is worth 6 points. 1 point for destroying the most expensive enemy unit, 1 point for Slay the Warlord. (4x3+6+2)=20 game points

Special Rules: In addition to being the center LOS blocker, the tank can be used and destroyed. To use the tank, an un-engaged scoring unit that began its turn with a model B2B with the Hell-Hammer can forfeit its movement, shooting, and ability to launch assaults or make assault moves (jetbikes and jet packs)(ie all of it's turn except maybe casting non-witchfire psychic powers) can fire one gun of the Hell Hammer at BS 2. This can be done by multiple units, each of which can fire an addition gun. Guns can fire twice a round so one guy does not get a monopoly on them, and they can be fired point blank with the template over enemies and the Hell-Hammer, but not your own models.

As well, any player can fire upon or assault the Hell-Hammer as if it were an enemy unit, apply damage results (like destroy the main gun), or destroy it all-together (hopefully causing an awesome apocalyptic explosion destroying everyone who wanted to fire the Hell-Hammer cannon). Melee units will remain in combat with the tank into the opponent's turn. What I am hoping for is that someone could have the tank fire point blank and blow itself and the offending unit apart. If destroyed the Hell-Hammer is worth 6 VP's to the destroying player (Last Hit) and 0 as an objective. I will printout the Hell-Hammer stats for the table.

3) High Value Targets!!

Hammer and Anvil Deployment. I will place my scratch build warhound titan 3 ft in and 1 ft up, so on the center line again. It is 'guarding' a relic (as per The Relic mission). 4 other objectives, 12" in and 12" up from each corner. Relic itself is worth 5 points. Each objective is worth 3 points. Destroying the Titan (last hit) is 1 point, 1 point for destroying the most expensive enemy unit, 1 point for Slay the Warlord. (4x3+5+3)=20 game points

Special Rules: At the end of each game round, roll a die. on a 5+ the titan is roused and will turn to face and fire both it's turbo destructor lazer and Vulcan Mega Bolter at the closest un-engaged unit to the relic (the unit carrying it if there is one, assuming it is not engaged in melee.) If multiple units are equidistant from the relic, roll to randomly determine the targets of each gun independantly. If said unit is a flyer, it will snap-fire the Mega Bolter and fire the turbo lazer at the next closest legal target (also considering it's facing after turning towards the flyer. The titan will fight in melee by stomping if charged by a unit, or fighting normally vs other super heavies. **I would like to add a stipulation that units cannot embark upon a Nightscythe if holding the relic, and that any other flyer may not Zoom with the relic on board. I will print out the warhound data-sheet and high light the weapons it is equipped with. Regardless if the titan is roused, it will regenerate void shield normally at the end of each round.

4) Archeotech Graveyard

Dawn of War deployment. 6 objectives, 4 of them in corners, 12" in and 12" up, 2 that are 24" in and 24" up, making a sort of bow tie effect. Each objective is worth 3 points, each objective is an archeotech artefact as described in the main rule book. 1 point for destroying the most expensive enemy unit, 1 point for slay the warlord. (3x6+2)=20

5) Big Guns Never Tire

Dawn of War deployment. 6 objectives, 4 of them in corners, 12" in and 12" up, 2 that are 24" in and 24" up, making a sort of bow tie effect. Each objective is worth 3 points, Heavy Support (including Super Heavies) score as described in the main rule book. HEAVY SUPPORT ARE NOT WORTH VICTORY POINTS WHEN KILLED AS THE NORMAL SCENARIO .1 point for destroying the most expensive enemy unit, 1 point for slay the warlord. (3x6+2)=20

6) The Scouring

Dawn of War deployment. 6 objectives, 4 of them in corners, 12" in and 12" up, 2 that are 24" in and 24" up, making a sort of bow tie effect. Each objective is worth 3 points, Fast Attack score as described in the main rule book. FAST ATTACK ARE NOT WORTH VICTORY POINTS WHEN KILLED AS THE NORMAL SCENARIO .1 point for destroying the most expensive enemy unit, 1 point for slay the warlord. (3x6+2)=20

Back to top Go down

Re: Gladiator Saskatoon!!! Saturday Oct-19

Post  da bear on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:54 pm

Just a shot in the dark here, if imperial armor is fully allowed does that mean the HH book is being allowed as well

da bear
Grandmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:26 pm

**Stay with 40k armies; not 30k ones

Back to top Go down

Post  da bear on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:29 pm

Ok just checking, I expected that answer lol

da bear
Grandmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Three times I know of. Been shot down... Twice?

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  da bear on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Four and yes it has been shot down twice

da bear
Grandmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  VensersRevenge on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:16 pm

Sounds like fun. Too bad I won't have an eligible army.

VensersRevenge
Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  da bear on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:53 pm

How strict are you going to be with wysiwyg

da bear
Grandmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:55 pm

VensersRevenge wrote:Sounds like fun. Too bad I won't have an eligible army.
You only need a 2500 point valid 40k army. You don't need to have a super. Or, do you not have 2500?

@Dan: I am pretty lenient, As long as it is easy for your opponent to figure out what it does. I could give a better answer if you gave me specifics.

Back to top Go down

Post  VensersRevenge on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:58 pm

canadin wrote:
VensersRevenge wrote:Sounds like fun. Too bad I won't have an eligible army.
You only need a 2500 point valid 40k army. You don't need to have a super. Or, do you not have 2500?
Don't have 2500. I just started in Febuary.

VensersRevenge
Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Dan and I did a playtest game.

Dan- A bunch of Grey Hunters and Long fangs, +Thunderhawk with Logan and 18 Blood Claws.

Me- Calgar and Honor Guard in a StormRaven
Pred Assassin Squadron (3)
2x Rifleman Dreads
2x 10 man Tacts in Rhinos
2x 5man Tacts in LasBacks w/ Libby
2x LS Typhhon (Double Melta)

Dan won, more importantly, we finished in an 1:15. That 2:30 when you factor for Dan time. I don't think getting games thru will be an issue. Missions work well and keep you moving.

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  da bear on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:08 pm

Beau what exactly are you saying "factor in dan time" lmao, just not sure how to react to that lol

da bear
Grandmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:11 pm

Dan time. What is normally a 2:00 game gets done in half the time. Drew time is also 1/2. Thats why the 2 of you can finish a 2000 pt game in 30 mins.

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:16 am

I had a game with Tyson that also went very quickly. Almost faster than a small game because of the big targets

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:50 pm

im in

ps I havet herd anything about DH this mouth cadian.

Dom.0
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 am

Im in montreal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:44 am

Could people reply here if they are looking to attend, it would help a lot if I had an idea of how many people to expect.

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:22 am

I'll try to see if I can make it. Just one question though. I've been waiting for what seems like forever for them to release a hardcopy of the Farsight enclave book. Is it alright if I use the rules even if I don't have a copy yet? Normally I would hold off but this seems like a more fun setting and I want to give them a spin.

Darksfear
Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:38 pm

hmm... I guess if you print out the full rules... assuming that you have the e-book

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Camper on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Dang it can't go and 2 days before my Birthday Sad
Oh well next yeah I'll be there with y new models =D

Necron Camper
Mystic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:47 pm

It just occured to me that the 19th is both the Gladiator tourney and the Game Day. Bleh, cursed overlapping events.

With how fast Str D makes things disappear, how likely is it that things would end just a scootch early?

Planes
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:17 pm

Do we have a head count for the event yet? T-4 Days and all.

Planes
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:32 am

did you say super heavy tanks? IM SO GETTING MY BANEBLADE OUT

Dom.0
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:03 pm

I last checked a couple weeks ago and no one had signed up yet.

If people are looking to attend, the 10 bonus points mentioned will be allotted as 5 points for having your name on the sign-up sheet at the den, and 5 points for paying in advance.

@Dom; yes Baneblades are allowed, IF and ONLY IF you have a print out of their rules, and two copies of a proper army list which clearly displays all the units in your army.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:45 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top