Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August 24th, Saturday, Zone Mortalis Tournament

+7
Rhaevyn
Gain
Aegwymourn
Termagant
Roland
Planes
dusktiger
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

August 24th, Saturday, Zone Mortalis Tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: August 24th, Saturday, Zone Mortalis Tournament

Post  Planes Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:35 am

I suppose the biggest thing going against FMCs would be the inability for them to actually fly, given the tight constraints of the maps and the absence of many corridors longer than 24". One "could" take a FMC, but only be able to realistically take advantage of the lesser movement type, which lumps it in with jump infantry for tests and such.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

August 24th, Saturday, Zone Mortalis Tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: August 24th, Saturday, Zone Mortalis Tournament

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:39 am

Well the minimum distance is only what 12" for a swoop movement. So hypothetically you could use that to close distance and force snap shots for a turn. Just needs a bit more precision than normal.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:58 am

I know the rules are valid, I just can't wrap my head around why a swooping FMC flying in a tight hallway can only be hit on 6s, but a jetbike flying through the same amount of space is hit normally.
Darksfear
Darksfear
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:17 pm

Why can a swooping MC hide behind a building because it is allowed to stand on a regular base but an actual flying vehicle has to be on a giant stand and cannot get cover from much of anything? The rules don't always make sense.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:41 pm

I thought the rules said no monsters. Walking flying or whatever.

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:43 pm

No monsters on bigger than 60mm bases, so Daemon Princes and Hive Tyrants could make their way in. Once you hit the oval base on the likes of the Riptide/Wraith Knight/Tervigon that you aren't able to get inside.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Darksfear wrote:I know the rules are valid, I just can't wrap my head around why a swooping FMC flying in a tight hallway can only be hit on 6s, but a jetbike flying through the same amount of space is hit normally.

Wrap your head around not being able to use a flamethrower in a hallway against a FMC cuz its a template.... hah.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:49 pm

Easily solved though. No swooping allowed. All flyers must be in hover or glide mode at all times. Huzzah. I fixed the interwebs.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:23 pm

There's still 7 slots open, and since FMC are "flyers" in a sense, no, they're not allowed. This being because you will never find a hallway long enough or wide enough for one of these to fit or fly down. So your welcome to sign up and send me a copy of your list to let you know if its tournament legal as soon as is convenient for you.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:27 pm

Now that I'm home I can elaborate on this more. The ZM PDF was released, I believe, before 6th and the advent of flyers, so they didn't really cover them or FAQ them into the rules. They assumed most people would just think "oh, it's an enclosed hallway in a ship or building. A flyer obviously won't work here." Since flyers are also broadly covered as "vehicles", that also let's you know you can't take them. I don't think they stopped to consider the couple odd flying MCs that come on a 60mm base. But this is also the same people that "assumed" people would understand anti demon weapons would obviously hurt anything with demon in its name. Reference nemesis weapons and how long that took to clarify.

Most of the rules I posted for you guys are also just copy/paste from the PDF, so that's why I never thought to add that one in, since I thought it common sense as well. But to make it clear so there's no problems down the line on tournament day, no, you can't take a FMC.

I thought about letting them be taken and only acting as jump infantry would when they're not flying, but I don't want to take the chance someone forgets it can't swoop or whatever it's called and tries to fly the bugger down a corridor
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:56 pm

I'll review the ZM rules listed in IA 12 later tonight, as the book came out after the release of 6th. With any luck, they will have an addendum covering FMCs.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:29 pm

i just downloaded a scan of it, and i immediately noticed a couple changes they made, one of which being that flyers are stated as not allowed at all. it also goes on to state again that MCs on a 60mm or smaller base only, but their girth may still restrict movement on the boards. being that FMCs have type Flyer in their profile, that alone states you cant take them.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:45 pm

Apparently Forgeworld has a free download of the Zone Mortalis rules somewhere, I heard them yapping about it on one of the podcasts I listen to.

(I listen to podcasts now)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:59 pm

yea, thats the pdf i based the tournament off of mark. each of the books they release also have slight variations to the rules as they keep play testing them. book 12 makes the squad limit from 10 to 15 for example.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:02 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:Apparently Forgeworld has a free download of the Zone Mortalis rules somewhere, I heard them yapping about it on one of the podcasts I listen to.

(I listen to podcasts now)

I wish I was cool and listened to podcasts Sad
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:28 pm

small update, 3.5 weeks left to go, still have 6/12 slots open for signups.

so far, those who've signed up as intending to play are:
Roland
Loreweaver
Termagant
Planes
Viserion
Darksfear
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Hey guys, so I'm looking at the time that's left before the tournament day, and how many of these boards need to be made and the costs associated with it. I need to know this week how many people are thinking about showing up but haven't signed up yet. If there's only gonna be 8 or 10 all together, then that saves me time and money making a 5th or 6th table.

Just to give a rough idea what I mean, it's already been a roughly $200 investment made by myself to buy the supplies to make these boards, and I can tell I may have to spend more before the 6th board is done.

Just to be clear, I'm not expecting anything in return for this, but it would help me out a lot if I know by Monday how many people are "planning" to come. So I know if spending more money for all 6 tables to be made is necessary or not. If its just the 6 already signed up, plus 2 or 3 more, then that means I don't have to rush to make a bunch of tables in time for people not showing, know what I mean?

Anyways, if your thinking or hoping to have that day available, you can reply here as a maybe, instead of signing up on the link as a definite for sure if that's the case. This is just to make sure I have the right amount of tables built in time for the event.

Thanks guys!
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:16 pm

I am planning to come, havn't signed up yet

EDIT:: I am now going to be in Montreal for that weekend Sad 

No getting to play Kharn in tight hallways....

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:36 pm

to encourage people to sign up, i'm going to try out an idea that was brought to my attention. if you've signed up online before the 19th, entree fees will only be $15 each. if you're one of the last minute people that just shows up tourney day, or as a last minute entry, the admission fee will be $20. letting me know you're coming has its perks, being quiet on the fence does not.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:21 pm

you know what i think im gonna partake in this tournament Very Happy get back in the groove lol ill post a list up before the 19th lol
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:34 pm

cool. make sure to click the signup link near the top of the thread and fill it out man. those that do by the 19th will get the cheaper entry fee.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:56 pm

so here's the deal guys. due to family stuff and changing jobs, i can only make 4 of the 6 boards in time for the tournament. so only 8 signups will be possible. whith who've said theyre coming, this means Roland, Loreweaver, Termagant, Planes, Viserion, Darksfear, Hivemindruik, plus one other person.

i didnt want to cut down the entries, but i just cant get everything ready for 12 people this time around to the standard of quality i want it to be while doing everything on my own between everything happening with my family this month.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:13 pm

if You have the materials printed out for those rooms, drop em off with me. I can get them done.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

August 24th, Saturday, Zone Mortalis Tournament - Page 2 Empty OBJECTIVE MARKERS

Post  dusktiger Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:16 am

August 24th, Saturday, Zone Mortalis Tournament - Page 2 1004827_10151819289586224_547209039_n
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:22 am

Shocked 

That looks amazing Mike. Makes me wish I could play Sad
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next