Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1750 pt Nurgle CSM List

+5
Gain
Lore Weaver
Planes
judchic
VensersRevenge
9 posters

Go down

1750 pt Nurgle CSM List Empty 1750 pt Nurgle CSM List

Post  VensersRevenge Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:36 pm

HQ:
Lord 65
                 Terminator Armour 40
                  Veterans of the Long War 5
                   Mark of Nurgle 15
                                                   125 pts
Sorcerer 60
                  Mastery Level 2 25
                   Jump Pack 15
                   Veterans of the Long War 5
                    Mark of Nurgle 15
                                                     120 pts
                                  245 pts
Troops:
Plague Marines 120
                   + 5 120
                    Veterans of the Long War 10
                                                                        250 pts
Plague Marines 120
                   + 5 120
                                                                        250 pts
Plague Marines 120
                   + 5 120
                                                                        250 pts
Plague Marines 120
                   + 5 120
                                                                        250 pts
                                     1000 pts
Heavy Support:
Havocs 75
                   Lascannon 20
                   Plasmagun 15
                   Meltagun 10
                    Heavy Bolter 10
                    Mark of Nurgle 15
                                      155 pts
Elites:
Terminators: 95
                    + 2 62
                     Mark of Nurgle 30
                     Veterans of the Long War 15
                     Reaper Autocannon 25
                     +3 Combi-meltas 15
                      Pair of Lightning Claws 7
                      Chainfist 12
                                                       251 pts
Helbrute 100 pts
                                     351 pts
Total: 1751 points

Any comments or criticism is welcomed. And please let me know if you would not play against the list because it is one point of the limit.
Thanks, Domenic

VensersRevenge
Sage

Back to top Go down

1750 pt Nurgle CSM List Empty Re: 1750 pt Nurgle CSM List

Post  judchic Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:20 pm

i would try and get special weapons in the plague marine squads. plasma or melta just to deal with armor and heavier units.
veterans of the long war is good on a lord because he confers it to his squad so if hes with the terminators you could save a few points.
putting a bike on the sorcerer might work a bit better too. having the havoks with more uniform weapons seems to make them better (4 missile, 4 autocannons etc). it lets them focus on doing max damage instead of firing one useful gun and wasting the shots from the others. otherwise it should be good, always nice to see terminator lords.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  VensersRevenge Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:38 pm

judchic wrote:i would try and get special weapons in the plague marine squads. plasma or melta just to deal with armor and heavier units.
veterans of the long war is good on a lord because he confers it to his squad so if hes with the terminators you could save a few points.
putting a bike on the sorcerer might work a bit better too. having the havoks with more uniform weapons seems to make them better (4 missile, 4 autocannons etc). it lets them focus on doing max damage instead of firing one useful gun and wasting the shots from the others. otherwise it should be good, always nice to see terminator lords.

Thanks for the suggestions judchic!

VensersRevenge
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:57 pm

I'd agree that the Plague Marines should get a touch more gun to them, I'm a big fan of plasma guns on them as 3+/FNP makes them rather durable in the event of an overheat. Placing the Termi Lord in with the Terminator squad would let you save 15 points on their VotLW, which could easily be dumped into the Hellbrute, giving you a ML/Reaper load-out for a greater ranged focus. I like the concept of a mixed load-out havoc squad, but it seems that the "one of everything" approach spreads it a bit too thin. I'd recommend focusing them in on a purpose. For example, if you want them to rush up and hold the mid-field, I'd go double Heavy Bolter, double Plasma Gun. Not many things would want to get close to that. If you want them providing supporting fire, then double Auto Cannon, double Las Cannon might be the way to go, as that would let you threaten most of the field with the 48" range, and they would become particularly scary if they end up sitting on a Skyfire Nexus on Big Guns Never Tire.

I really like the concept of a jump pack sorcerer, but he has no one to really jump along with, which either makes him vulnerable (being on his own), or waists the jump pack (being in a slow moving squad). If he had some Raptors or Spawn to cruise around with, that wouldn't be so bad. Otherwise, Terminator armor hidden inside a Plague Marine squad allows for all kinds of wound soaking shenanigans.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:34 pm

need special weapons in the squads, double melta or double plasma should work. I prefer double plasma to go with bolters 24" range. With 4 untis, you can do 2 plasma squads and 2 melta squads, or 3 plasma 1 melta.

As for Sorcerer, I would give him Terminator armor or leave him without the jump pack if you do not have a unit of raptors for him to go along with. If he is solo, he will die, if he is with a unit, they should be going as fast as him. Alternatively you can give him a bike for +1 toughness and then he can still be fast to jump around.

For Chaos Lord, give him some weapons. Either a Murder Sword, or a Black mace, or something else to make him fighty.

As for Havoks, Give them all similar range guns. I prefer 4x Autocannons, it is a realatively cheap and scary loadout.

Otherwise love the idea of a plague marine footie list. Maybe include some Obliterators instead of Hellbrute. Nurgle Oblits are pretty great.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:06 pm

I think Adam fell asleep on the <ENTER> key or something. *laughs*

Anyway, Plague marines are unique in that they can take two special weapons in a 5-man squad, use and abuse this. They are the only think in all of 40k that should be put in a Rhino (unless you're as eccentric as I am).

5 plague marines in a Rhino (with Extra Armour, because being stunned SUCKS!) with two plasma guns or two melta guns is pretty swanky, and can do a lot of things to a lot of targets. Drop a havoc launcher on the Rhino while you're at it and it becomes a poor-mans Razorback for the low-low price of 12 points, and you can still shoot from it!

==

Helbrutes are terrible. By all means, take one for fun and learn about what I'm saying, but it's one of the many shitty units in the CSM book. Actually, the entire elites section is bad, don't take anything from there (unless it can be troops, then plague marines and noise marines are playable)

That unit of 4 terminators is 250 points, which is 80 points more than a Heldrake. A Heldrake! I went from a 33% win percentage to a 66% win percentage just by adding a single heldrake (using just CSM, no allies). Heldrakes win games. They are that good. If I were starting CSM from scratch, I'd take 2 or 3.

I think Gavin's Plague Marine list takes 2 drakes and 2 vindicators? (Is that still what you're doing Gavin???)

==
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Gain Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:

5 plague marines in a Rhino (with Extra Armour, because being stunned SUCKS!) with two plasma guns or two melta guns is pretty swanky, and can do a lot of things to a lot of targets.  Drop a havoc launcher on the Rhino while you're at it and it becomes a poor-mans Razorback for the low-low price of 12 points, and you can still shoot from it!

I personally wouldn't bother with Extra Armour. It wasn't worth it in fifth and with glances changed to not stun it happens half as much. It does suck to be stopped for a turn but it seem like you just blow up after the first pen anyways.

Lore Weaver wrote:
I think Gavin's Plague Marine list takes 2 drakes and 2 vindicators?  (Is that still what you're doing Gavin???)

I have been playing two predators and two helldrakes. Two vindicators is a lot of fun to play but I find i'm lacking any long range over 24" in my list.
Gain
Gain
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:55 pm

are you doing a nurgle army cause you like their background? if that's the case, some tips for your army's composition:

• A Death Guard force is largely made up of Plague Marines.  So make sure the majority of the army are these guys and not something else.
  • Their tactics are based on the use of foot-slogging infantry, and the hardy use of their Bolters.
  • The Death Guard often organizes squads by multiples of seven, based on the sacred number of Nurgle. since you have 40 dudes in 4 squads, a quick re-sort would give you 5 squads of 7 and a 6th squad with 5.
  • Because their primarch intended for the Death Guard to rely heavily on infantry, they're short on fast assault vehicles and heavy weapons. As a result, Death Guard in power armour normally have to settle for special weapons like meltaguns and plasmaguns to replace heavy weapons such as lascannons, missile launchers, and autocannons.
  • Also, this means that usually when a Death Guard army fielded Havoc teams, these were filled with sets of 4 meltaguns or plasmaguns to stalk the enemy with.  this is one of the very few units in a death guard army you ever want to give a rhino to, since they dont handle being shot at quite as well as the normal plague marines do.
  • The Death Guard's vehicles fell into disrepair, with what few remain being demonically possessed, or operated by nurglings (which amounts to the same thing, really).
  • Finally, their primarch absolutely hated psykers, and abolished their librarium (psyker corps) before the heresy. so if you're looking for a true-to-background themed army, a sorcerer is a little out of place.

if you take some of that fluff in mind when making your list, a quick redo would look something like this:

1750 Point Chaos Space Marines Roster

HQ:
Nurgle Chaos Terminator Lord, 125 pts
Terminator Armour; Mark of Nurgle; Combi-Boltgun; Power Sword; Veterans of the Long War

Elite:
5 Chaos Terminators, 251 pts
Mark of Nurgle; Power Axe & Combi-Melta; Power Sword & Combi-Melta; Lightning Claws (pair); Reaper Autocannon & Power Axe; Chainfist & Combi-Melta

Helbrute, 115 pts
Multi-melta; Power Fist with Heavy Flamer

Troops:
7 Plague Marines, 175 pts
Veterans of the Long War

Veterans of the Long War

Veterans of the Long War

Veterans of the Long War

Veterans of the Long War

Composition Report:
HQ: 1 (1 - 2)
Elite: 2 (0 - 3)
Troops: 5 (2 - 6)

Total Roster Cost: 1366

that should be the core of your army to build onto. seeing what i did there, you use up 1366 points so far.  to take it up to 1750, you could add in the stuff im gonna highlight in green next:

HQ:
Terminator Armour; Mark of Nurgle; Combi-Boltgun; Power Sword; Veterans of the Long War

Elite:
Mark of Nurgle; Power Axe & Combi-Melta; Power Sword & Combi-Melta; Lightning Claws (pair); Reaper Autocannon & Power Axe; Chainfist & Combi-Melta

Helbrute, 115 pts

Troops:
7 Plague Marines, 220 pts
Veterans of the Long War; 2 Plasma Guns; Power Axe on the Champion

Veterans of the Long War; 2 Melta Guns; Power Fist on the Champion

Heavy:
5 Havocs, 155 pts
Veterans of the Long War; 4 Plasma Guns

Composition Report:
Heavy: 1 (0 - 3)

Total Roster Cost: 1746
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:I think Adam fell asleep on the <ENTER> key or something.  *laughs*

weird... I don't remember falling asleep.........Sleep 

Back to top Go down

Post  VensersRevenge Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:10 am

Lore Weaver wrote:I think Adam fell asleep on the key or something.  *laughs*

Anyway,  Plague marines are unique in that they can take two special weapons in a 5-man squad, use and abuse this.  They are the only think in all of 40k that should be put in a Rhino (unless you're as eccentric as I am).

5 plague marines in a Rhino (with Extra Armour, because being stunned SUCKS!) with two plasma guns or two melta guns is pretty swanky, and can do a lot of things to a lot of targets.  Drop a havoc launcher on the Rhino while you're at it and it becomes a poor-mans Razorback for the low-low price of 12 points, and you can still shoot from it!

==

Helbrutes are terrible.   By all means, take one for fun and learn about what I'm saying, but it's one of the many shitty units in the CSM book.  Actually, the entire elites section is bad, don't take anything from there (unless it can be troops, then plague marines and noise marines are playable)

That unit of 4 terminators is 250 points, which is 80 points more than a Heldrake.  A Heldrake!  I went from a 33% win percentage to a 66% win percentage just by adding a single heldrake (using just CSM, no allies).  Heldrakes win games.  They are that good.  If I were starting CSM from scratch, I'd take 2 or 3.

I think Gavin's Plague Marine list takes 2 drakes and 2 vindicators?  (Is that still what you're doing Gavin???)

==

I heard Helbrutes were bad. I only put it in the list because I already had one from Dark Vengeance and wasn't using anything else from the set. The lack of vechiles is because I was trying to stick to the Deathguard theme (and they are expensive). Thanks for your help though!

VensersRevenge
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:12 am

Dusktigers list is not bad at all if your going fluffy. though i would probably not take havocs with PG's if i had three units of plaguers with PGs. i would also stop taking Vets on plague marines that are LD10 already and fearless. just seems like wasted points to me. also, nurgle lords should have a fist or a black mace, or something to ensure that they can actually kill someone in thier mandatory challenges. power sword isn't doing anything to anyone that matters. you have 5T, and 5I, might as well take a fist and a Lclaw and get use out of both of those stats as well as an extra attack.

drop the hellbrute, the havocs and one terminator and you have enough points for Two Drakes, or maybe three maulerfiends? or... 2x 2nurgle oblits
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  VensersRevenge Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:22 am

dusktiger wrote:are you doing a nurgle army cause you like their background? if that's the case, some tips for your army's composition:

• A Death Guard force is largely made up of Plague Marines.  So make sure the majority of the army are these guys and not something else.
  • Their tactics are based on the use of foot-slogging infantry, and the hardy use of their Bolters.
  • The Death Guard often organizes squads by multiples of seven, based on the sacred number of Nurgle. since you have 40 dudes in 4 squads, a quick re-sort would give you 5 squads of 7 and a 6th squad with 5.
  • Because their primarch intended for the Death Guard to rely heavily on infantry, they're short on fast assault vehicles and heavy weapons. As a result, Death Guard in power armour normally have to settle for special weapons like meltaguns and plasmaguns to replace heavy weapons such as lascannons, missile launchers, and autocannons.
  • Also, this means that usually when a Death Guard army fielded Havoc teams, these were filled with sets of 4 meltaguns or plasmaguns to stalk the enemy with.  this is one of the very few units in a death guard army you ever want to give a rhino to, since they dont handle being shot at quite as well as the normal plague marines do.
  • The Death Guard's vehicles fell into disrepair, with what few remain being demonically possessed, or operated by nurglings (which amounts to the same thing, really).
  • Finally, their primarch absolutely hated psykers, and abolished their librarium (psyker corps) before the heresy. so if you're looking for a true-to-background themed army, a sorcerer is a little out of place.

if you take some of that fluff in mind when making your list, a quick redo would look something like this:

HQ:

Elite:

Helbrute, 115 pts

Troops:
Veterans of the Long War

Veterans of the Long War

Veterans of the Long War

Veterans of the Long War

Veterans of the Long War

Composition Report:

Total Roster Cost: 1366

that should be the core of your army to build onto. seeing what i did there, you use up 1366 points so far.  to take it up to 1750, you could add in the stuff im gonna highlight in green next:

HQ:

Elite:

Helbrute, 115 pts

Troops:

Heavy:
5 Havocs, 155 pts
Veterans of the Long War; 4 Plasma Guns

Composition Report:
Heavy: 1 (0 - 3)

Total Roster Cost: 1746
I was trying to make it Deathguard themed. I put a Sorcerer in because I knew Typhus was  both Deathguard and psyker and in the Dark Angels short story in The Primarchs he made it sound like there were others. Thanks for the help with making my list Deathgusrd fluffy!

VensersRevenge
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:54 am

I'd say take Mike's list and make the suggested changes to bring in a heldrake, or two. Swapping the dread and Termies for two would very quickly take this list up several notches and is still fluffy.

Added bonus: nurgle blight drones counts as heldrake. That's swag, bra.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:35 am

nice thing about fielding so many plague marines is that they can actually kill Fat ass MC's with their plague knives. bloodthirster is going to waste a turn or two killing each squad and might take a wound or two on the way through.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Oh yeah., plague marines are great for tossing at big things. Even that Bloodthirster is gonna need 3's to wound on them.. and you're going to get your FNP against it. If he smashes, still good news as he halves his attacks.

The recommendations are all great. Ive been fielding my Nurgle Lord in terminator armour with a power mace, and the burning brand. Uusally he'll hang out with a squad of plague marines in a Land raider, but if Im playing against someone who might have a heavy weapons squad in the backfield, or something hard to get at (devastaors, lootas, reapers, etc.) Ill deep strike in. You can be pretty safe with the deep strike and still get a shot as the brand is a torrent.

It seems every list tends to have something at least ap2 to potentially with terminators or the like. Even though they're toughness 5, the terminators are going to be a big target for all that weaponry. They dont have the luxury of fnp like the plague marines.. If they were riding in a landraider or something.. hmm, maybe. But on their own, I'd be more likely to stock up on on some nurlge oblits.

Plague marines are alot of fun though. Tough as nails to dislodge.. just watch out for those str 10 weapons that are ap3 or better..

You could even cosider an Aegis line.. getting that extra gun to shoot and the 4+ cover save is pretty nice. If you get a couple objectives close it'll be hard to push them off.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down