Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mega Battle on June 23 **OFFICIAL**

+2
Roland
Termagant
6 posters

Go down

Mega Battle on June 23  **OFFICIAL** Empty Mega Battle on June 23 **OFFICIAL**

Post  Termagant Wed May 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Okay, I am making the mega battle official.

Date: Sunday June 16, 2013
Time: 12 noon sharp.
Entrants: Limited to 4 per side. An even number of people must be on each side, so, if for instance, only 7 people showed up, we'd have to play 3 on 3.
Entrance fee: None
Prizes: None

Entrants will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. Meaning, if you want to secure a spot, show up right at 12 noon.

**NOTE** Last time we had one of these events, at last minute the 6th person showed up so I bowed out. I am reserving the right to secure a spot for myself this time, as I wish to play.

Army composition: Modified FO. 1 HQ, 0-2 Elites, 2-6 Troops, 0-2 Fast Attack, 0-2 Heavy Support. No Imperial Armour. Allies allowed.
Teams: Xenos vs Imperial. However, if a majority of players which to go more random, we could do that. All players will be treated as allies of convenience with their teammates, meaning they neither help nor hurt their teammates.
Required materials: Each side must have at least one rulebook and one set of templates between them. Each player must have their own dice, tape measure, codex(es) and clearly written army list. Any player showing up without these materials will not be given a spot until these items are secured. Example: Joe blow Jabroni shows up fifth and does not have a written army list. While he is writing his list, 4 other players arrive. Mr. Jabroni will not join the game, despite arriving earlier.
Judges: There are no judges, but given the wealth of information and rules knowledge between us all, we can come to some agreement for any case of a rules disagreement. If it can not be reached, a die roll will be taken.

Scenario: Dawn of War, roll for night fight.
Roll for Warlord traits the same way as Mark's last tournament.
Table size: 2 on 2 will be 4x6 feet, 3 on 3 will play on 4x8 and 4 on 4 will play on 4x12.
Winning objectives:

The Relic: 5 points for whichever team can secure it.
Objectives: 6 objectives for 3 on 3 or 4 on 4. 4 objectives for 2 on 2. 3 of each (colour coded) will be secured by troops and fast attack or troops and heavy support. Objectives are 3 points each.
Kill points: 1 for each destroyed unit.
First blood: 1 point for the side that secures the first kill. This is 1 total for the entire team.
Slay the warlord: 1 point for each warlord slain.
Line breaker: 1 point per player who has a line breaking unit.
Tiebreaker: First blood

Last edited by Termagant on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DATE changed)

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Mega Battle on June 23  **OFFICIAL** Empty Re: Mega Battle on June 23 **OFFICIAL**

Post  Roland Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Sounds cool. Clarify a few points?

Each player has a warlord, correct.

In 3x3 there are 6 obj, 3 (red) can be taken by troops or FA, 3(blue) can be taken by troops or HS, correct?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Mega Battle on June 23  **OFFICIAL** Empty Re: Mega Battle on June 23 **OFFICIAL**

Post  Termagant Wed May 22, 2013 3:54 pm

1 warlord for each player, correct.

Yes that is correct about the objectives.. Sorry if it was not clearly written.

Might not be red and blue but they will be colour coded and clearly labelled. Probably poker chips.

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Wed May 22, 2013 4:22 pm

so i cant bring my baneblade?
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed May 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Sounds niffty. I'll see if I can get 1000 points of Tau rocking and rolling by then.

@ Dom

Termagant wrote: No Imperial Armour.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Camper Wed May 22, 2013 11:21 pm

I'd like too but I have to wait to get my deathmarks if I finish and if its alright with my mom and u guys I would maybe join in :/

Necron Camper
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Camper Wed May 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Never mind I'm going away that weekend so I can't

Necron Camper
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Thu May 23, 2013 11:44 am

Dom, I am not going to even justify that with a response.

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Fri May 24, 2013 10:14 am

it was more of a joke anyways seeing as a banblade costs 750pts
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Fri May 24, 2013 11:06 am

Okay, you laugh for me.

Dom.0 wrote:it was more of a joke anyways seeing as a banblade costs 750pts

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Sat May 25, 2013 2:32 am

I thought I'd add this too. And no, this isn't picking on anyone.

If you are using anything as 'counts as', it must be as good of a representation as you can. On correct sized bases, etc.

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Termagant wrote:Okay, you laugh for me.

Dom.0 wrote:it was more of a joke anyways seeing as a banblade costs 750pts

Actually Baneblade chassis models are 500 points. Either way though, they should stay out of games under 3000 per person.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:32 pm

"The Kid" and I might make an appearance, depending on Father's Day shenanigans.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:29 am

Note to all the date changing. I had very little responses but I decided to go ahead with pushing it a week.

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down