Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

infinity

+4
Matthew G
VensersRevenge
Paz
judchic
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

infinity - Page 2 Empty Re: infinity

Post  Matthew G Tue May 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Going to spend the week assembling them. Can't wait to start putting paint to them.

So, do you guys play any kind of campaign?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed May 15, 2013 12:05 am

We haven't yet, tho with the hefty amount of interest, we were thinking of starting up campaign: paradiso, as we have the new book.
And this ain't some GW campaign bullshit. Over 9 unique missions, and if you pick up your army's spec-ops model, they level up, get new weapons etc, a lot like mordheim.

I'm just putting the finishing touchs on my ikadron batroid, then it's on to my yaogat strike team!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Wed May 15, 2013 2:19 am

Am I crazy or is it nigh impossible to remember the names of all the units?
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed May 15, 2013 2:38 am

Lol, it takes a bit, since they base names off a plethora of different language names, but you get the hang of it.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Thu May 16, 2013 12:29 am

Nevermind remembering names, but more like try to properly pronounce the names of some units. Need to learn Chinese/Japanese so I can say the names of all my units. LOL
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Thu May 16, 2013 1:21 pm

Just make it up, pronounce it phonetically, call them chaz-wazzers, ain't no thang.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Sun May 19, 2013 1:35 am

So few questions, can you take drones without a hacker or tag?
Are drones any good?
How do you show army lists in games? It seems odd to show it if your supposed to keep your lieutenant secret...
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sun May 19, 2013 3:34 am

Most drones (unmanned bots) require a hacker or tag, yes. There are a couple of exceptions (combined batroids just need one of the ei constructs, using g:mnemonica, Ariadna mulbots use a special engineer with a drone controller), but generally yes.
Drones are good, they are cheap, add an order, and are usually repeaters, meaning your hacker can attack hack enemy units through them, like an arc node for war machine.
You do have to generally show your list to the other player, but you don't need to list your luitenant on the sheet they see (tho u should have it written down). It's usually not to hard to guess tho, as your luitenant can only use his extra order on himself, unless he has strategos rule.
The army builder the infinity site provides let's you print off a seperate list without showing your luitenant.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Sun May 19, 2013 9:42 am

do you have to say which is your bonus order? or can you just mix it in with your normal orders so long as only the lieutenant uses it?
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sun May 19, 2013 5:14 pm

You don't have to say, no. Ian has managed to keep his luitenant secret in our games. Mine are always obvious, as ei constructs use additional rules, pointing them out to the other player.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Sun May 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Having played a game now, I have some questions.

Are there missions? Or is every game a kill everything game?

Can TO camo be detected before they have made any movement?

Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sun May 19, 2013 6:28 pm

To camo- no, bc they can't know where it is, so u can't measure sight. Unless u haw Msv 3, then yes.

Missions are in paradiso, but there are some amazing fan made missions using special cards available online.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Mon May 20, 2013 2:47 pm

So looking at mines. When they explode they either put the circle template over the model or they fire the small template weapon, does that mean mines are effectively 1 shot flamethrowers?
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon May 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Yep. Smart mines!

Plasma rifles also have that ability. Tho short ranged, they have burst 3, so you can lay down 3 small templates if you hit with all three. One of many reasons never to bunch your guys together.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Mon May 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Another question for understanding.

You spend an order to activate a miniature, say "move, move", to get to cover. Then you want to activate him again to shoot an enemy he can see. So you spend an order to shoot.. But then what is the other action to do with that shoot?
Ok. So then you proceed to work with your other miniatures. After you have can you go back to that one miniature after (the one that I first described) and use another order on him to like "move, shoot" again?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon May 20, 2013 5:34 pm

You can use two short actions, or one long action per order. Shoot can only be one of those short actions, so in you example, you could move, move, then shot, move, or move shoot.
You can always re-activate a model after using an order on another model. So you could have your drone move, move, shoot, move, then your hacker could move, move, then have your drone shoot move again.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon May 20, 2013 5:37 pm

There is a graph in the main rulebook showing all your actions you can use, and what u can use in an aro (short actions only).

Aro's are declared as soon as you call out your first action, so you could move, enemy sees you, and aro's u, so you can use your second action to shoot back at him, using a face to face roll, or dodge, or chuck smoke Etc.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Mon May 20, 2013 5:59 pm

So in my example when I wanted to only shoot without moving I would declare a move shoot but move 0 inches?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon May 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Well you wouldn't have to move, there are other actions you can take. Keep in mind tho, you don't want to have someone aro you without reacting to it. So if a guy is around the corner, and you move, move to get in Los, he gets a free shot at you. More commonly, you are going to move out of cover, then shoot, Which creates a FtF situation. Since aro's are burst 1 only (generally) and most guns have minimum 3 shots, you have a good chance at beating him. If you move out of cover on your second action, he doesn't have to engage you in a face to face, and you will most likely get splattered.
Aro's only activate on an order tho, so there are situations where, lets say, you shot him, he shot you, and nothing happened. Next order, you both go at t again, and you kill him, that second action will be needed to get back Into cover, or to run forward.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon May 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Infinity is similar to chess in that you want to avoid redundant actions, so you are generally planning your attack a few moves ahead.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Mon May 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Question came up about throwing grenades.
I discovered one of my base goons from the starter box has E/M grenades. I tried to throw one at Jesse's dude, and we kinda fumbled on what next...

Like, I make a BS roll against opponent... Is it a face to face if he chooses to ARO me? If I miss is the entire attack negated? Does my grenade scatter and still have a chance to hit?

I cant wait to get more games in. So much I want to get a feel for and learn.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue May 21, 2013 12:16 am

In a face to face, the winner negates the effects of the loser.
So if he chooses to shoot at you, and wins, he hits you, and your grenade doesn't go off.
If you win, you toss the grenade and he misses.
Story wise, think of it as you win, your grenade goes off, and obscures you, so he can't hit. He wins, he clips you and you fail to toss the grenade.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Wed May 22, 2013 11:53 am

Senario: model 1 decides to move from cover to cover and then shoot. Model 2 ARO's to shoot him. Does model 1 get cover?
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed May 22, 2013 12:42 pm

No, as the aro can take place any time during the first action, so the opposing player would choose to shoot u in the open.
There is a long action called "cautious movement" that means if you start and end your movement outside of line of sight, he can't aro you.
I used this to great effect with my hungries, as they have 6/6 mov.
Hard to use if your guy is slow.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Wed May 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Has there been any FAQ on how to measure LoF from your miniatures?

We had these bridges on our game that were high enough that at a models knee/foot-view you could see things on the other side, but at a models eye view that would not be possible.

Now, does it assume that if you can see any part of an enemy from any part of your figure so you can ARO or regular Burst at them?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next