Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perils and Brotherhoods

+2
Lore Weaver
Planes
6 posters

Go down

Perils and Brotherhoods Empty Perils and Brotherhoods

Post  Planes Fri May 03, 2013 3:25 pm

I've been starting to wonder something about Perils of the Warp and Brotherhood of Psykers. In most cases, if a unit with Brotherhood of Psykers suffers a Perils of the Warp, one unit bites it, no saves allowed (though FNP is taken as normal, thanks to Mark pointing that one out to me). The point of interaction between these two rules that has me curious in Psi-shock, a special rule from Codex: Grey Knights on Mindstrike Missiles and the Orbital Strike Relay.

Psi-shock, as found on page 57 of C:GK, says "Any psyker hit by a mindstrike missile suffers the Perils of the Warp in addition to any other effects." Much the same entry is written on page 58 as well for the Psyk-out Bomb.

As the unit has the rule BoP, are all it's constituent models considered to be psykers? I know that a Grey Knight Strike Squad is still able to cast Hammer Hand with only one model remaining, and the same goes for Pink Horrors and that Tzeenchi poo they throw at everything. So, if a Mindstrike Missile were to impact such a squad and hit two models, would two Perils, one for each hit, occur? Or would just one occur, because it is a Brotherhood?

The C:GK FAQ doesn't have much to say on the subject:
Grey Knight FAQ wrote:Q: How do you work out whether a psyker is affected by the Psi-shock
special rule on a mindstrike missile or a psyk-out bomb? (57, 58)
A: Any psyker underthe template will be effected by Psi-shock

And the BRB FAQ is entirely silent on the subject.

All in all, the irksome bit is that it doesn't say either "model" or "unit" in the Psi-shock entry.

As currently worded, I would be tempted to lean toward any member of a BoP is a psyker contributing to said brotherhood, but I will fully admit that the wording on the Psi-shock entry is far more ambiguous when it comes to BoP than I would care for it to be.

Thoughts?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Perils and Brotherhoods Empty Re: Perils and Brotherhoods

Post  Lore Weaver Fri May 03, 2013 4:10 pm

Brotherhood vs negative effects, like perils, only one model in the unit bites it.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri May 03, 2013 6:13 pm

Yeah.. should just be the one guy just like a regular perils. If they didnt have the brotherhood rule... theyd be in trouble
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Fri May 03, 2013 8:35 pm

as i understood it reading examples of how BoP works for when you roll perils on your own power, if the squad leader is still alive, any perils result the squad suffers goes on him. if he's already dead, a randomly chosen model out of the unit suffers it.with the edition of 6th edition's rules for applying wounds, "randomly chosen" would now be "closest unit in the squad".
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri May 03, 2013 9:15 pm

dusktiger wrote:as i understood it reading examples of how BoP works for when you roll perils on your own power, if the squad leader is still alive, any perils result the squad suffers goes on him. if he's already dead, a randomly chosen model out of the unit suffers it.with the edition of 6th edition's rules for applying wounds, "randomly chosen" would now be "closest unit in the squad".

I would have thought it would depend on what caused the psychic test. There is a method for randomizing wounds given in the BRB. If you suffered a perils for casting a power I would still say random. If you suffered a perils from a mindstrike missile then closest.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Fri May 03, 2013 9:23 pm

the squad is treated as a single psyker and in the grey knights case it says if the squad suffers a perils poor sarge dies first. so with psyshock the sarge would die first because the squad suffered a perils.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat May 04, 2013 12:40 am

Aegwymourn wrote:
I would have thought it would depend on what caused the psychic test. There is a method for randomizing wounds given in the BRB. If you suffered a perils for casting a power I would still say random. If you suffered a perils from a mindstrike missile then closest.

yea, that's what i meant; if its a perils caused by a shooting attack from your opponent, then if there isnt a squad leader to take the perils result, then the closest non-leader in the squad should be the one to take it, as oppossed to letting your opponent put it on a basic guy because he wants his precious psycannons up front to survive.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down